What TV or movie character is your personality like? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What TV or movie character is your personality like?

After I watched "The Bridges of Madison County" I was floored and flattened, an emotional wreck. Every single pent up feeling I had was perfectly displayed by Meryl Streep. It was like watching myself on the screen and through it I was able to find compassion for myself and let go of a big weight.
My circumstances were different than her character's but the longing she showed, the intense longing .... I wanted to cry because, even though it was just a movie, I seemed to be receiving empathy through it.
It actually was a life changing movie.
Have you ever seen a movie and then thought, "Oh gosh, I'll never be quite the same again." And you never are.

[youtube]
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AaMST_hNUVQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AaMST_hNUVQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
[/youtube]

I have come to the conclusion that I just don't know. I can't recall any TV or movie character who clearly reminds me of me, personality-wise. The closest I can come is if you took all three of the Dashwood sisters as portrayed in Ang Lee's production of Jane Austen's Sense & Sensibility, Margaret would slightly resemble me as a child, Marianne as a young woman, and Elinor is closest to me now. But it's not a striking resemblance.

I'd ask if I reminded anyone here of anyone on TV/Film but I suspect I might inadvertently get my feelings hurt if I did :becky:

My dog Drum definitely reminds me of Frasier Crane, though.

I can't watch that movie, I feel terrible about the plight of colonel brandon and his ward

I can't watch that movie, I feel terrible about the plight of colonel brandon and his ward

Colonel Brandon is HAWT!
sense31.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rNshMFbyMzw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rNshMFbyMzw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

I know she gets on peoples nerves but I'd be lying if I didn't say I act just like her.
(Although, often Im more PC b/c of the whole soc. thing...) Honest, Frank, Offensive and goofier than hell.

Except.... I don't think I could love any one more than a massive bong rip. Jk

Ohhhh and I don't know how I could forget but...I think half of me is this character ~>>>>[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XHl879EIURo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XHl879EIURo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

I hate when comedians sing a song. Unless the song is really funny in its own right like Kevin Bloody Wilson, It just detracts from the comedy act.

This one is awesome.

LOL I tend to think her songs are usually pretty funny.... and I love Jews but...a couple live above me, and Im still myself kind of confused as to why both partners drive VW's? Can anyone explain this to me...Sarah Silverman is baffled by it but doesn't give a theory as to why...
I mean they are good cars but...are Jews just really good at forgiving? It just seems little...I want to say ironic but I don't know if that is the right word. Maybe Im just being too...judgmental. Jews driving German cars. Hm. I suppose I should take it as an example of how to live my life! :m202:

Alright, so the characters that I most identify with are :

Sophie from Howl's Moving Castle (She moves me in the way that Meryl Streep in Bridges of Madison County, does for you sumone....I admit that Meryl Streep in that movie reminds me a little of myself as well) Anyway, Sophie in Howl's Moving Castle has me in tears and I can identify with her 100%......

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrbSlFBuXM0&feature=related

and the other character that I feel I have something in common with is Amy Dorrit from Charles Dickens Little Dorrit....except the fact that I am not little, I am quite tall ;o) There has just been a new BBC version of Little Dorrit and it was absolutely fantastic!!!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=r3Wnf9-qLks&feature=related

Throw in a little Amelie and a little Margot Tenenbaum and I think that's just about me!!

LOL I tend to think her songs are usually pretty funny.... and I love Jews but...a couple live above me, and Im still myself kind of confused as to why both partners drive VW's? Can anyone explain this to me...Sarah Silverman is baffled by it but doesn't give a theory as to why...
I mean they are good cars but...are Jews just really good at forgiving? It just seems little...I want to say ironic but I don't know if that is the right word. Maybe Im just being too...judgmental. Jews driving German cars. Hm. I suppose I should take it as an example of how to live my life! :m202:

Moonbabyam, with great kindness and the best intentions I feel compelled to suggest you spend the energy you were expending in the Is Everyone A Racist? thread on examining your own soul rather than issuing further emphatic judgments upon others.

Moonbabyam, with great kindness and the best intentions I feel compelled to suggest you spend the energy you were expending in the Is Everyone A Racist? thread on examining your own soul rather than issuing further emphatic judgments upon others.

That is the issue in of itself, is that no one wants to admit to the fact they are racist. Im fine with people choosing to express their opinion I just want people to know WHERE mine comes from. Believe me the whole reason im here is to "examine my soul". The reason I identify with this character is because my life is consumed with ATTEMPTING TO understand racisim/difference/inequality and how we ALL embody and privilidge from it. I don't like the fact no one wants to admit to it. "im not racist because im a nice person" no people are racist when they don't admit to being treated more favorably because of their skin color, or because they arn't stigmatized. Im not saying people are "bad" because of it, Im saying that it is the case and what is annoying is that people try to go around masking it.

Sarah Silverman acknowledges it, re-perpetuates it, and then breaks it down while re-perpetuating it to show people it's conceptulization and how utterly weird and screwy it is.
Maybe you all got the wrong Idea. I think everyone is racist, I think everyone has the potential for evil and think everyone at some point thinks something bad about someone else because they are different. Racist is a broad word for me, and I don't ever claim NOT TO BE A HYPOCRITE. I am, quite often, especially as I shed my brainwashing... We all are, and Im sticking to my guns on that one too. There is no point in not being freakin' honest about it though.
:m202:
Id rather someone straight up tell me what they think of me than sugar coating it.
So thanks. I see your point, but I hope you see mine as well.

[YOUTUBE]x9tAXvSznGA[/YOUTUBE]

I know there is a character somewhere that is very much like me, but I just can not think of it... grr.

My grandmother said my mannerisms were similar. I dunno, I guess so - but I think I smile a great deal more than she does, but yeah. I do see a lot of myself in her:

[YOUTUBE]L6vvK_KLDSg[/YOUTUBE]

But I really think I act more like she does in this movie:

[YOUTUBE]NU8Nyg75PVE[/YOUTUBE]

mmm...in this point of my life I think it's like Donnie Darko's

why is everyone posting videos?

Last edited:
Yeah would like a non-video version of this thread for work.:thumb:

Anyway my example is John Coffey from the Green Mile (my avatar) now I'm not saying I relate to him all that much but he is a great example of raw Fi and Se.

mmm...in this point of my life I think it's like Donnie Darko's

why is everyone posting videos?

Cause the OP said too *shrug*

Yeah would like a non-video version of this thread for work.:thumb:

But nooooooooooooooo
[YOUTUBE]vx2-n28cID8[/YOUTUBE]

Ok, I can't find the exact clip...so you'll just have to skip up to 14:00 and watch all the way to the end of the episode. What's hilarious about this clip is, I watched it, then made up my mind to tell my boyfriend how much I loved him when he came home. Watching this stupid episode on Funimation channel gave me inspiration. Stupid and cheesy, I know.

But...then it turned out exactly as it did in the episode, which is why I made him watch it with me first before I tried to tell him my "confession." Somehow I knew it would turn out that way--that I'd freeze and clam up like an idiot, that I would have a panic attack, lol. Anyway, he got mad, I continued to panic...he got more angry, I panicked more. Just watch, lol.

http://get-anime.net/kare-kano-episode-17

The whole episode is pretty good, I like what her friend told her about "stealing the heart." 7:40-8:57. Heh, kinda applies, that was me at 18 with a 28-yr-old boyfriend, lol.

Last edited: