What patterns do "you" notice about INFJs on the forum? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What patterns do "you" notice about INFJs on the forum?

The thing that I most like about this forum is honesty and authenticity of it's members. It's probably influenced by NF temperament.

One of my observations that when someone posts a question or some episode then most people react by posting some resembling story from their own lives. It's a way of saying "yeah I know the feeling". And sometimes it's counterproductive when that story is not very relevant. It can also infantilize by saying along the lines "yeah your story is very nice and I'm gonna let you finish, but Beyonce..." ;) I've also noticed that question threads almost always produce an answer - members keep thinking and posting until some conclusion is achieved (probably comes from J package).

Very few trolling incidents happen unless some INTP tries to prove a little theory of theirs ;)

Emotion isn't logical. We read with Empathy I suppose, so we don't feel the negative. Instead we feel the connection, the humanity in the sound of feelings. We connect and share and grow.

Emotion is irrational AND logical.

i really enjoy being here. There is no place on earth where I feel connected to someone so often. And it is not because this is a forum, because I have been on other forums and there, people are fighting a lot more. They just seems not to get each other, whiles here people do, a lot actually!

I find the INFJ's on this forum extremely understanding, kind, emotionaly envolved with other peoples stories and problems. And even if they doesn't agree, they always try to understand and feel out the other person's point off view. There are no egotrippers who think they are awsome and know it best

and what I hate the most is people who gives me all kind of advises to solve my problems. Most of the times I don't want any advise, just a listening ear and a hug and the knowledge that I'm understood and I have the right to feel that way. And that last one is exactly what I get here!

I love you all :kiss:

Last edited:
Everyone here is different from each other. And I doubt type of personality for the some.

Lucifer
I do not like to put pictures of monkeys:nono:...There is no need to mention the reason...

extreme mood swingers:m104::m176::m024::m031::m068::m106::m073::m167::m146::mlove2::m040::m133:

very very very talented people

oh and people you hardly see in the "real world"

Last edited:
extreme mood swingers:m104::m176::m024::m031::m068::m106::m073::m167::m146::mlove2::m040::m133:

very very very talented people

oh and people you hardly see in the "real world"

:confused: Explain? I did not understand something ...

This is just a question Guis, not an opinion or a judgment or even a critique in any way.

Could the anger, resentment, or bitterness you see be because of people letting their emotions out on the forum for good or for bad?

It seems possible to me that emotion has to go somewhere, and for introverts, it's sometimes harder to find ways to express it.

Thoughts?
Maybe those were the wrong words to use
And irrational on my part

Your 3rd sentence strikes me.. I find it really awful if a person will express their emotions in situations where the emotion doesn't connect with the situation. It's like they are reliving some past terrible memory and they apply it to everything they do, and everyone they meet. I think that's what I was feeling at the time
I wonder if a lot of people who are INFJ do this? Or anyone with an F?

I'm not sure why I wrote it anymore, but Dragon pointed out the main issue...

Everyone here is different from each other. And I doubt type of personality for the some.

This was the thing that surprised me most in this forum :m056:
Maybe it's the percentages in each of the I N F J ?

Or maybe our outlooks and ways of handling life are the same/similar, but the personality is different

That "INFJ and short tempers" topic opened my eyes quite a bit

Maybe those were the wrong words to use
And irrational on my part

Your 3rd sentence strikes me.. I find it really awful if a person will express their emotions in situations where the emotion doesn't connect with the situation. It's like they are reliving some past terrible memory and they apply it to everything they do, and everyone they meet. I think that's what I was feeling at the time
I wonder if a lot of people who are INFJ do this? Or anyone with an F?

I'm not sure why I wrote it anymore, but Dragon pointed out the main issue...

This was the thing that surprised me most in this forum :m056:
Maybe it's the percentages in each of the I N F J ?

Or maybe our outlooks and ways of handling life are the same/similar, but the personality is different

That "INFJ and short tempers" topic opened my eyes quite a bit

This is mainly because INFJ's have frequent mood swings I think, we can really act different depending on our mood, and since we are not in the same mood at the same time, we appear different. The cognitive processes and percentage of preference also have to do with it(ex someone who is more I or more F, N or J.

Is there usually something that affects mood in an INFJ? Or it swings on its own...?

Is there usually something that affects mood in an INFJ? Or it swings on its own...?

it can be affected...but can also swing on its own...Its not hard to affect the mood of an INFJ however because our emotions are so sensitive...

We play off of other peoples emotions so much too. It's something I have to be constantly on guard against. If I do that I'm usually ok.

I noticed that many inexperienced INFJ's use the typology as an excuse for common sense. Many of the problems are situational, life experience and maturity that comes with time.

I am a big believer in deducing a problem to it's simplest form and finding solutions through common sense first before diving into deeper typological, psychological and philosophical reasoning for it.

I noticed that many inexperienced INFJ's use the typology as an excuse for common sense. Many of the problems are situational, life experience and maturity that comes with time.

I am a big believer in deducing a problem to it's simplest form and finding solutions through common sense first before diving into deeper typological, psychological and philosophical reasoning for it.

I agree with that. Not everything could/should be defined solely because of type. You can see variations within type even online here. The way I was raised can vary greatly from how you were. Those kind of things make a huge difference also. MBTI is supposed to define how we gather and process infomation. I think it goes a little beyond that, but is not the end-all.

I agree with that. Not everything could/should be defined solely because of type. You can see variations within type even online here. The way I was raised can vary greatly from how you were. Those kind of things make a huge difference also. MBTI is supposed to define how we gather and process infomation. I think it goes a little beyond that, but is not the end-all.

Yea I agree. I also notice a pattern for INFJ's who have experienced more of what life has to give and others who are afraid of it.

This place has "phases", we are currently in a light-hearted phase. I can see it transisitioning to being rather deep in a month or so.

Yes, I've also noticed this trend. But I think that's life's cycle as well you know, we all go through these phases and we all are part of it. Sometimes the good moments win the battle and others the bad. This part of the cycle is really peaceful and at its best(on my part at least).

I read MBTI was originally intended to be used for finding the perfect type(s) of career/job for a person..

Someone mentioned the "5 traits" test in their opinion as more reliable for personality...

Or I guess you could combine the two

"What does he/she/Big Foot think of me?"

"How do I go about seducing a [insert MBTI type here]?"

NT and NF clashes in opinion/fact

Posters who try to be a butthole/funny and it backfires on them.

The revival of an ancient thread and the subsequent flame war that ensues

The infamous "I don't think I'm an INFJ anymore" threads

"Type this person for me"

Other observations?

A lot of us apparently have a jell-o wrestling fetish