Type me, if you have the will to | INFJ Forum

Type me, if you have the will to

Discussion in 'The INFJ Typology' started by Serval, Jul 19, 2020.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 10 users.
More threads by Serval
  1. Serval

    Serval Regular Poster

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2019
    Threads:
    4
    Messages:
    97
    Featured Threads:
    3
    Likes Received:
    147
    Trophy Points:
    478
    Gender:
    Male
    MBTI:
    Infj?
    Enneagram:
    6w5?; 1w2?
    I guess this is the real obstacle i need to hop over in order to be less concerned and paranoic about my hyperbolic and exaggerated obsession with everything ((almost)) related to the thing that bound this very forum.
    So if anyone is willing to endeavour this very senseless road to light up my road to self- destruction, you are welcome to do so.
    To start this depressing and time consuming journey, you'll have to read the threads i posted and, based on the various answers and replies (a very poor and trembling base) give life to questions that might help me understand myself better.
    Some hints to this (wannabe) intricate pattern: I don't socialize with people other than my family, no one feels drawn to speak to me, therefore nobody cares about me (i don't have a single friend). I rarely speak my mind in class because i am not sure about the things i think, even if sometimes i become a dark, pompous and ironic tyrann of hinted (and disappointingly unseen) self irony and self isolation.
    I feel drawn to help anybody in need, i usually spend my time watching tv series and films and reading various kinds of books outlining a way towards truth (it's seriously too much ehh, by the way i'm approximately at 0,00000000000000000001%) in order to approach and guide individuals to kill their harming ego.
    Weel that's all for now, i hope someone, myself included, will be willing to will. Goodbye
    I know i ask too much, forgive my childish behaviour and treat me with beautiful and meaningfull advice
    Do not dorget to be elaborate in your reports officers, we have to find out who i am (i am joking, do not take this sentence as an hard fact or a clue)
     
  2. Wyote

    Wyote Xenoi
    Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2008
    Threads:
    237
    Messages:
    35,023
    Featured Threads:
    18
    Likes Received:
    183,123
    Trophy Points:
    4,271
    Gender:
    Male
    MBTI:
    Ni Space
    Enneagram:
    9 Seas
    Just a typical self absorbed infj.
    That was easy.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OP
    Serval

    Serval Regular Poster

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2019
    Threads:
    4
    Messages:
    97
    Featured Threads:
    3
    Likes Received:
    147
    Trophy Points:
    478
    Gender:
    Male
    MBTI:
    Infj?
    Enneagram:
    6w5?; 1w2?
    Are you sure?
    I know i may be paranoid and exaggerated, but this question is making me really doubtfull, even if i almost become an addict of this, i crave for a discussion, i feel very happy but at the same time disoriented.
     
    QuirkyLemonFlower and Sandie33 like this.
  4. slant

    slant Ruby Adoraboobie

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2008
    Threads:
    327
    Messages:
    9,813
    Featured Threads:
    37
    Likes Received:
    13,376
    Trophy Points:
    1,616
    Gender:
    Female
    MBTI:
    Infp
    Enneagram:
    6-4-9
    This to me indicates you're suffering from social isolation on a big scale as well as low self esteem.

    My own experiences have shown me that when we don't love ourselves, it's more likely we'll become socially isolated because we read into interactions and misinterpret them in ways which result in further isolation.

    On top of that, when we lack inner self esteem and understanding of our intrinsic worth as a human being, we become starved for attention and praise and then hyperfixate on anyone who will give it to us. Particularly people who are hard to read or only give love or affection at certain periods then withdraw; because we believe love is conditional and that we can earn somebody's love if only we do and say the right things.

    I doubt that any of what you believe you feel towards this person is actually related to this person. You're probably just attaching to anyone who gives you the approval and love you are so desperately craving, and the reason why it's difficult to let go of this is because you believe you will not find anyone else who will give this to you.

    I know someone who can give it to you, though. Yourself. You can always give yourself love and nourish yourself, and your fixation on loving others before you and your lack of confidence in yourself is not a sign of being selfless, it is a sign of being empty inside. Seeking worth from other people. Maybe you believe that's the only way you can be worth anything. You gotta look into these things and unravel these complexes before you can move forward.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Wyote

    Wyote Xenoi
    Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2008
    Threads:
    237
    Messages:
    35,023
    Featured Threads:
    18
    Likes Received:
    183,123
    Trophy Points:
    4,271
    Gender:
    Male
    MBTI:
    Ni Space
    Enneagram:
    9 Seas
    Yup. He's got a double whammy of internal confusions to sort out.
    But saying all of what you said will probably just fall on deaf ears.
    It's hard to get out of the cycle of self absorption and blame.
    And when it's pointed out, people tend to get downright hostile.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Milktoast Bandit

    Milktoast Bandit Dominate with compassion...

    Joined:
    May 2, 2016
    Threads:
    90
    Messages:
    10,378
    Featured Threads:
    6
    Likes Received:
    49,234
    Trophy Points:
    4,385
    Gender:
    Male
    MBTI:
    MEAT
    Enneagram:
    9
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Serval and Wyote like this.
  7. OP
    Serval

    Serval Regular Poster

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2019
    Threads:
    4
    Messages:
    97
    Featured Threads:
    3
    Likes Received:
    147
    Trophy Points:
    478
    Gender:
    Male
    MBTI:
    Infj?
    Enneagram:
    6w5?; 1w2?
    I like your way of ironizing things
    I don't understand, is the person you are talking about hypothetical, rethorical or just a figure of speech?
    I isolate myself from other with the creation of an elusive persona. The fact is i don't understand if the mask i wear is my own face. (Can i improve?)
    I am surprised with the fact that someone else understood the fact that i am void of love, wich i call "life". Everyone trying to describe me, psychologists, professors, and relatives described me as deep, my answer is "I am, but i don't have anything inside me, i am just like a well without water."
     
    QuirkyLemonFlower and Wyote like this.
  8. Pin

    Pin "Magnificent Bastard" / Ren's Counterpart

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2017
    Threads:
    12
    Messages:
    9,869
    Featured Threads:
    10
    Likes Received:
    37,198
    Trophy Points:
    2,976
    MBTI:
    ENTJ
    Enneagram:
    3w4, 3-8-7
    Why is every post on this site like 19 paragraphs long? I have stuff to do!

    Anyway, you're probably an INFJ.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    QuirkyLemonFlower, Serval and Wyote like this.
  9. slant

    slant Ruby Adoraboobie

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2008
    Threads:
    327
    Messages:
    9,813
    Featured Threads:
    37
    Likes Received:
    13,376
    Trophy Points:
    1,616
    Gender:
    Female
    MBTI:
    Infp
    Enneagram:
    6-4-9
    Admittedly I conflated this thread with the one where the person is talking about unrequited love so that's my bad you can ignore that part but the rest still stands.

    Low self worth is pretty easy to spot especially if you've have the experience yourself at some point in time
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    QuirkyLemonFlower, Serval and Wyote like this.
  10. slant

    slant Ruby Adoraboobie

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2008
    Threads:
    327
    Messages:
    9,813
    Featured Threads:
    37
    Likes Received:
    13,376
    Trophy Points:
    1,616
    Gender:
    Female
    MBTI:
    Infp
    Enneagram:
    6-4-9
    Sometimes I think I'm just talking to myself when I say anything anyway
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. Wyote

    Wyote Xenoi
    Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2008
    Threads:
    237
    Messages:
    35,023
    Featured Threads:
    18
    Likes Received:
    183,123
    Trophy Points:
    4,271
    Gender:
    Male
    MBTI:
    Ni Space
    Enneagram:
    9 Seas
    :laughing::laughing:
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. OP
    Serval

    Serval Regular Poster

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2019
    Threads:
    4
    Messages:
    97
    Featured Threads:
    3
    Likes Received:
    147
    Trophy Points:
    478
    Gender:
    Male
    MBTI:
    Infj?
    Enneagram:
    6w5?; 1w2?
    My bad, i am sorry, i now see your point.
     
    QuirkyLemonFlower and slant like this.
  13. OP
    Serval

    Serval Regular Poster

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2019
    Threads:
    4
    Messages:
    97
    Featured Threads:
    3
    Likes Received:
    147
    Trophy Points:
    478
    Gender:
    Male
    MBTI:
    Infj?
    Enneagram:
    6w5?; 1w2?
    Another sad thing: I have contemplated suicide, the black hole of utter destruction that was pulling me in, reeling me in like a fish was my belief that i could make my family and everyone around me happier with my disappereance from their lifes: I don't ever do enough, i lose my time whatching flies and thinking about appereances (not ghosts, thoughts if you can call them so that i create from nothing. I don't know if this is relevant, but i managed to outthink myself on that point understanding that i would be more useful if I find a way towards redemption, i feel like a criminal, my laziness, my egocentrism, my desires are a crime towards humanity and I am trying to vanquish my insecuritis, my pride, my jealousy, my stubbornness by learning and being more attentive to the world. I feel a need to understand in order to teach muself and others how to develop our true potential. I know this sounds like wishful thinking, but i am not really able to convey the reality behind these words.
    Before i was't hostile, i was just very confused, i just wanted to know wich personality type i might be base on the things i told you, the things you said are partially true, like many things are for i thought that myself but i still felt something missing, i am loging for affection, but not really from others, from myself, and consequently or out of my neccecity to give it to others, i just want to give it freely.
    A thing i understand about me, in the things i write: i am not able to make others really understand what i mean (this might be because i write this things without reviewiing what i wrote, and because i am on mobile)
    Sorry if i unnerved anyone, I am horrible at making others understand my intentions.
    Goodbye for now.
     
    QuirkyLemonFlower, Wyote and hithere like this.
  14. OP
    Serval

    Serval Regular Poster

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2019
    Threads:
    4
    Messages:
    97
    Featured Threads:
    3
    Likes Received:
    147
    Trophy Points:
    478
    Gender:
    Male
    MBTI:
    Infj?
    Enneagram:
    6w5?; 1w2?
    I don't live on the love of others, i don't actually think so, i never searched for other's people praise or love, i am looking for a way not to be indifferent to myself. I don't really love others before me, i am just willing to sacrifice a bit of my time if i know i'll be able to help that certain person and relatively, all others. My second post on this thread referred to the fact that Wyote and maybe others were willing to give up some of their time to read the scrabbled phrases of a person in search for a place to relax and share my thoughts.
     
    QuirkyLemonFlower, Wyote and hithere like this.
  15. Milktoast Bandit

    Milktoast Bandit Dominate with compassion...

    Joined:
    May 2, 2016
    Threads:
    90
    Messages:
    10,378
    Featured Threads:
    6
    Likes Received:
    49,234
    Trophy Points:
    4,385
    Gender:
    Male
    MBTI:
    MEAT
    Enneagram:
    9
    1a1db5e172edc60091eb6721f9e3213e.jpg
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. hithere

    hithere Community Member

    Joined:
    May 28, 2020
    Threads:
    4
    Messages:
    215
    Featured Threads:
    3
    Likes Received:
    947
    Trophy Points:
    862
    Gender:
    Female
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    7-4-1?
    You sound like a good person and also a little lost. All the things you mentioned above are very human feelings and tendencies (laziness, egocentricity etc.).
    It sounds like you are actively working on yourself.
    You will find your way.
    I do think you sound like an infj.
     
  17. dragulagu

    dragulagu Galactic Explorer

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2019
    Threads:
    65
    Messages:
    2,833
    Featured Threads:
    12
    Likes Received:
    14,088
    Trophy Points:
    1,677
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Andromeda
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    Enneagram:
    549
    So what exactly is the point you want to make here?
     
    Serval likes this.
  18. OP
    Serval

    Serval Regular Poster

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2019
    Threads:
    4
    Messages:
    97
    Featured Threads:
    3
    Likes Received:
    147
    Trophy Points:
    478
    Gender:
    Male
    MBTI:
    Infj?
    Enneagram:
    6w5?; 1w2?
    I want you to give me your expertise on personality types, not seriously yet very much so, just ask me questions or try and guess my personality type if you are willing to.
     
    dragulagu likes this.
  19. dragulagu

    dragulagu Galactic Explorer

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2019
    Threads:
    65
    Messages:
    2,833
    Featured Threads:
    12
    Likes Received:
    14,088
    Trophy Points:
    1,677
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Andromeda
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    Enneagram:
    549
    Have you tried any of the personality tests? And if so, how do you feel with the result you got?
     
  20. OP
    Serval

    Serval Regular Poster

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2019
    Threads:
    4
    Messages:
    97
    Featured Threads:
    3
    Likes Received:
    147
    Trophy Points:
    478
    Gender:
    Male
    MBTI:
    Infj?
    Enneagram:
    6w5?; 1w2?
    I tried a lot of them, yet I am not sure, these tests have certain patterns, they are all similar, and are concerned for the most part with the letters and not with the functions they represent. The thing i ask is what is your hypothesis, what would you type me based on the thongs I say or i might say if you ask me questions. I am not demanding this, i am just unsure about many things (myself included).
     
Loading...

Share This Page