What kind of philosophy do you enjoy the most? | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

What kind of philosophy do you enjoy the most?

Hey @Lurk - I found your Xmas present!

nihilisttoothpaste.png

;)

Reactions: Wyote
Is he more of a popularizer or does he have his own philosophy?

He is largely credited for helping to popularize eastern philosophies in the western world. He bridged gaps and gave a lot of clarity regarding the overlaps in the "east vs west" mindset. A lot of what he spoke on was Jungian as well.

Reactions: Lurk and Ren
Happy November 7th for no particular reason, Thomas Aquinas

aquinasbanana.png

Reactions: Lurk and Wyote
@Lurk You are like a flour-leaf clover! An enthusiastic nihilist. ;)

Unfortunately it will have to be a black and white clover.

Reactions: Wyote
@Lurk You are like a flour-leaf clover! An enthusiastic nihilist. ;)

Unfortunately it will have to be a black and white clover.

(/ˈnaɪ.ɪlɪzəm/ or /ˈniː.ɪlɪzəm/; from the Latin nihil, nothing) is a philosophical doctrine that suggests the lack of belief in one or more reputedly meaningful aspects of life.

^https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nihilism

reputedly
1. according to reputation or popular belief:
a reputedly honest man.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/reputedly

Key word.

Most commonly, nihilism is presented in the form of existential nihilism, which argues that life is without objective meaning, purpose, or intrinsic value.[1]

How could we have objective value? Value for whom? For what purpose?
Because value is a human concept, someone must think like us (rather, we like Him) in order to assign value.

We just are. We aren't devoid of color or life, we simply exist in a reality that is fairly unknowable and mysterious. I think it's exciting.

I think it's exciting.

I think a person's outlook matters more than most of their opinions/conclusions and an outlook of excitement is surely one of providence :)

Reactions: Ren and Lurk
Reactions: Ren and Lurk
Far enough to die a well traveled ant
LOL XD

How far can an ant travel, I wonder.

Well that depends, is the ant allowed to hatch on to something else that can travel faster and further? (A car, a person). Also what ant species are we talking about?

Reactions: Lurk, Wyote and Ren
Well that depends, is the ant allowed to hatch on to something else that can travel faster and further? (A car, a person). Also what ant species are we talking about?

I like where the philosophy thread is going. :innocent:

Reactions: Lurk and Wyote
I think a person's outlook matters more than most of their opinions/conclusions and an outlook of excitement is surely one of providence :)
I like this, but... isn't an outlook the synthesis of various unvoiced opinions and conclusions?

Sorry for being such a Socrates :tongueout:

Reactions: Wyote and Sandie33