Jul 14, 2011
MBTI
ISFJ
Last edited:
Reactions: barbad0s
Northern.

Which American accent do you have?

Northeastern

This could either mean an r-less NYC or Providence accent or one from Jersey which doesn't sound the same. Just because you got this result doesn't mean you don`t pronounce R's.(People in Jersey don`t call their state "Joisey" in real life)

---

Well actually I don't have an american accent, I have a NZ one.

My Results:

Northern

You have a Northern accent. That could either be the Chicago/Detroit/Cleveland/Buffalo accent (easily recognizable) or the Western New England accent that news networks go for.

Neutral
You`re not Northern, Southern, or Western, you`re just plain -American-. Your national identity is more important than your local identity, because you don`t really have a local identity. You might be from the region in that map, which is defined by this kind of accent, but you could easily not be. Or maybe you just moved around a lot growing up.

I'm actually very offended.

Reactions: Odyne
WEST-ern!

Canadian
People from outside North America probably think you`re from the States, but over here we wouldn't make such a mistake.

full_641942087.jpg

LOL!

Reactions: Sriracha
Neutral
You`re not Northern, Southern, or Western, you`re just plain -American-. Your national identity is more important than your local identity, because you don`t really have a local identity. You might be from the region in that map, which is defined by this kind of accent, but you could easily not be. Or maybe you just moved around a lot growing up.

I'm actually very offended.

nvm - pwned!

Northern

You have a Northern accent. That could either be the Chicago/Detroit/Cleveland/Buffalo accent (easily recognizable) or the Western New England accent that news networks go for.

Unsurprising. ;)

Neutral.
Not surprising, I've moved a lot.
Nice quiz, by the way.

Reactions: Sriracha

My Results:

Neutral

**Note: I did grow up in that region, actually**

North Eastern... though I've never been to America before, next year I will though, I'll ask the locals if my accent sounds North Eastern :)

Accurate.
Canadian

People from outside North America probably think you`re from the States, but over here we wouldn't make such a mistake.

I have an english accent (was taught RP like the news-anchors at school) and I got:

Northern

Neutral. Haven't moved at all really. At least not out of the state I grew up in until recently...