What is your American Accent? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

What is your American Accent?

Western

cool i have an amercian accent and i'm not american...wonder if i could you guys in the west!

just don't turn about, eh?

Neutral

You`re not Northern, Southern, or Western, you`re just plain -American-. Your national identity is more important than your local identity, because you don`t really have a local identity. You might be from the region in that map, which is defined by this kind of accent, but you could easily not be. Or maybe you just moved around a lot growing up.

Western. I'm not surpised as I am a born and raised California Girl. I learned a few ideosyncracies from my parents, like Ahnt Betty rather than Ant Betty.

Which American accent do you have?NeutralYou`re not Northern, Southern, or Western, you`re just plain -American-. Your national identity is more important than your local identity, because you don`t really have a local identity. You might be from the region in that map, which is defined by this kind of accent, but you could easily not be. Or maybe you just moved around a lot growing up.

Neutral

You`re not Northern, Southern, or Western, you`re just plain -American-. Your national identity is more important than your local identity, because you don`t really have a local identity. You might be from the region in that map, which is defined by this kind of accent, but you could easily not be. Or maybe you just moved around a lot growing up.
full_428371978.jpg

I took a similar but longer quiz like this and it told me I had a western American accent. This one says I have a Canadian accent. I don't really know.

How the hell do you pronounce stalk and stock differently?

Neutral

full_428371978.jpg
i guess the Midwest is where the real Americans live.

I have a hybrid of northeastern and midland and I grew up in Virginia.

LOL

I took a similar but longer quiz like this and it told me I had a western American accent. This one says I have a Canadian accent. I don't really know.

Stalk that sounds like "talk" with an s added and Stock that sounds like sock?

i guess the Midwest is where the real Americans live.

We breed 'em tough out here. Intrepid and steadfast patriots abound.

Northern

You have a Northern accent. That could either be the Chicago/Detroit/Cleveland/Buffalo accent (easily recognizable) or the Western New England accent that news networks go for.

I've always been told I sound like I'm from Minnesota, which would make sense I guess.

I'm Neutral.

Stalk is like stall with a K instead of a second L...

Western

cool i have an amercian accent and i'm not american

I got the same thing and I'm from Ontario.
Maybe I watch too much TV or something.

Haha, in my experience living near the border, you can either really tell when someone is from Canada or you can't tell where they are from at all.

hmm i'm originally from ontario too...maybe that's got something to do with it!

Canadian
People from outside North America probably think you`re from the States, but over here we wouldn't make such a mistake.

full_641942087.jpg

Which American accent do you have?
Mid Atlantic

Also known as a "Philadelphia accent" but also heard in south Jersey, Baltimore, and thereabouts.

Interesting, supposedly there's a history of Irish immigration in that region so maybe there's something to it.