What is an INFJ's view on an ENTP? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

What is an INFJ's view on an ENTP?

lol, my point xD. My Ti and Ne is strong so I guess this sort of makes me associate better with xNTP's.

Use of functions actually do make it easier or harder for people to get along with other types, and overall causes deviations for which types you are "supposed to get along with". Having a high Fi score for example, should allow one to get along more easily with FP's regardless of that persons type.

For me, I get along best of all with other J types, reason being is I have a very strong J score, and I have the best handle on J functionalities. My Ni and Si are very strong, so I get along with types well that have Si or Ni in their primary or secondary posistion very well.

I was married for 10 and a half years and I think he is an ENTP.

He was always talking, (often times for the sake of hearing his own voice).

He was very hyperactive.

He was a pathalogical lier. ( he still may be)...

He was a horrible listener.

He was aware of ONLY his own feelings.

He was amazingly clever and had a photographic memory.

He was extremely manipulative.

He would talk with anyone and everyone (and thought everyone was his best friend).

He still thinks that it's always everybody elses fault.

He cannot read people at all.

He is the most scatterbrained person I know.

He always gets mad when others have constructive critisism of him.

He cares mainly just about himself and has no concept of foresight and consideration for others...

Yea it was a fun decade for me, :D

(btw, we've been divorced for almost 6 years now)

Last edited:
Reactions: ENTroP
Ria, you just gave a point-by-point breakdown of all the things to why I do not get along with ENTP's and become so irked by them, kudos to you!

(Shai, Lurker, DJ, and others, you guys are exceptions to this of course, as you know :))

haha, yea I am ok with all the ENTP's here on the forum, but I just feel a bit leary of any I come across now irl!

you know what they say... "once bitten"...

What do I think of/feel about ENTPs?

I am personally primarily attracted to someone's mind and out of all of the personality types, the way I have come to understand them, I find the ENTP the most attractive of all the types. They have a seemingly effortless natural intelligence that is never stuffy. Instead it's just straight-shooting down to earth...there. I find that so incredibly refreshing and actually kind of rare.

I like their social ease and confidence and the way that they extrovert everything that I introvert. It's cool and sexy :)

Most of all though, what I think I like best about ENTPs is their sense of humour and never say die take on life.

I've only been studying this MBTI for a few months now, but I'm fairly convinced that ENTP would make an ideal partner for an INFJ.

There is an ENTP that is always down in the lobby while I am working at the front desk in one of the dorms late at night (Knew he was an ENTP instantly, and later confirmed it by evesdropping). I want to smack him over the head with a board repeadly and superglue a cork in his mouth! At least he has gathered now that I cant stand him and he won't talk to me. I mean, honestly, the guy wants everyone to call him "jesus". Purposly talks loud to garner attention. Poli-sci major who thinks he understand everything, acts like a know-it-all, and fails to realise that not everyone will fall for his facade. God forbid you try to correct him. Really just doesn't have his stuff together. Biggest ego I have ever seen!

I've only been studying this MBTI for a few months now, but I'm fairly convinced that ENTP would make an ideal partner for an INFJ.

...I dunno..... lol ;)

But honestly though, I understand I cannot judge all ENTP's the same way...

it's possible that my x just needed a few tweaks to be an ideal partner for an INFJ :)

He was very hyperactive.

He would talk with anyone and everyone (and thought everyone was his best friend).

He cares mainly just about himself and has no concept of foresight and consideration for others...

hmm geez my condolences :/

Do you think all of those traits were related to his MBTI type?

There is an ENTP that is always down in the lobby while I am working at the front desk in one of the dorms late at night (Knew he was an ENTP instantly, and later confirmed it by evesdropping). I want to smack him over the head with a board repeadly and superglue a cork in his mouth! At least he has gathered now that I cant stand him and he won't talk to me. I mean, honestly, the guy wants everyone to call him "jesus". Purposly talks loud to garner attention. Poli-sci major who thinks he understand everything, acts like a know-it-all, and fails to realise that not everyone will fall for his facade. God forbid you try to correct him. Really just doesn't have his stuff together. Biggest ego I have ever seen!

You havent met my x then, he's a Fireman! LOL

sorry, now I know I'm just being mean... I'm sure there are lots of great firemen out there...

He was very hyperactive.

Sounds like my (ex)husband. But he's ESTP.

hmm geez my condolences :/

Do you think all of those traits were related to his MBTI type?

Well I'm sure that a lot of it was due to type, but of course like I said, with a little tweaking he could be an example of more of the better ENTP qualities, rather than of the more negative ones.

I also acknowledge that all types have positives and negatives.

I understand his background so obviousely the effects of nature/nurture can have a great deal of effect on typology and beyond.

( and thanks for the condolances btw, lol )

Well I'm sure that a lot of it was due to type, but of course like I said, with a little tweaking he could be an example of more of the better ENTP qualities, rather than of the more negative ones.

I also acknowledge that all types have positives and negatives.

I understand his background so obviousely the effects of nature/nurture can have a great deal of effect on typology and beyond.

( and thanks for the condolances btw, lol )

You're very welcome and that list of yours? Pretty much everything on there I could say about my recent ex boyfriend...only amp it up a few notches and you get the idea (he's an ISFP btw)

Tweaking...screw that. Sorry, but I'm DONE with the whole tweaking concept.

You know what I think? It's not the MBTI type that is at fault or not at fault, it's the self actualization and growth that someone has done in their life that is of paramount importance. All types have their optimum performance level and minimum shit performance level, if you know what I mean.

Also, besides MBTI type, which is merely innate personality, I do believe that Enneagram type has a much more fundamental bearing on how someone functions deep down psychologically. It really points to the inherent neuroses and weakness/sore spots in each of us. That's where the background and nurture stuff comes in.

Reactions: Ria
You're very welcome and that list of yours? Pretty much everything on there I could say about my recent ex boyfriend...only amp it up a few notches and you get the idea (he's an ISFP btw)

Tweaking...screw that. Sorry, but I'm DONE with the whole tweaking concept.

You know what I think? It's not the MBTI type that is at fault or not at fault, it's the self actualization and growth that someone has done in their life that is of paramount importance. All types have their optimum performance level and minimum shit performance level, if you know what I mean.

Also, besides MBTI type, which is merely innate personality, I do believe that Enneagram type has a much more fundamental bearing on how someone functions deep down psychologically. It really points to the inherent neuroses and weakness/sore spots in each of us. That's where the background and nurture stuff comes in.

Yes it's a good thing to include the overall growth processes that everyone hopefully eventually goes through and tries their best with ;) Good call.

Am I the only INFJ who's an INTP fanatic xD *forms a fan club*

You are not alone, I am quite the INTP fanatic too even though they can be quite bad tempered and bitchy at times. I like ENTPs very much as well but if they are not mature they can be as Ria described exactly but yeah, consider me a firm member of your XNTP fan club.

INTPs are not ENTPs.

On a different forum I've heard a saying that "ENTPs are just like INTPs except they are not loosers" :D (do not take it seriously, I think INTPs are also cool)

My (male) colleague at work is ENTP and we make a very good team. He's more coolheaded than me and urges to think more carefully through the decisions. He is also genuinely interested in and respects my humanistic approach to things. Quite often he gets carried away in outbursts of Ne and exploring the possibilities - then I have to come and to remind "let's stay focused on our goals, shall we". ENTPs are also famous for various smart but completely useless observations: like yesterday he came into the office beaming "do you know what color the universe is??? IT'S MILKY-PINK". Me - omg how could I have missed that :D

As for female ENTPs there was one suspect that I've met and she was quite attractive. But I'm not completely sure. She was lost as a kitten in her feelings.

He was very hyperactive.

That made me sad reading that. :m142:
Yes, there is some truth to that statement you made about ENTP's. Let me explain how I can relate to some of these statements, hopefully It will help you understand a bit more. (Please don't take this as an insult to your Ex husband or yourself, I don't mean to point the finger at him or you, my apologies in advance);

Yes, like most extraverts we like to talk. Sometimes we are caught talking to ourselves and having pretend conversations. Often I preplan what I'm going to say to someone through talking out a conversation.

We often like to talk to others about what we have learnt, ideas, theories, our day, dreams etc. just to get a reaction. Sometimes we don't need answer but we do like it we people are listening.

He was very hyperactive.

We are very active people in many ways,
I do martial arts myself about two times a week at my local IOGKF Goju Ryu Karate Dojo for about two to three hours at a time, I do running every other day. If I don't exercise I get very depressed and feel worthless. We like exercising with people, but we become very competitive (this is the reason why I don't exercise much with my family members and prefer to do solitary sports)

Often when I do something like watching a movie or reading a book I have to pause and reflect on what I have just seen or read and react out how I would of reacted to a certain situation, I don't like going to the cinema because of this. Its too overwhelming.

We also become very active and excited when we have thought of a brilliant idea or If we have just realised something and we feel that we have to share it with the world.

He was a pathalogical lier.

I do have to admit we tend to over exaggerate the truth. I do this myself sometimes.
Its a trait of mine that I'm not fond of and I try to stick as close as I can to the truth. The truth hurts but lies hurt even more in my book. I get very angry at myself when I lie because I know that I am being selfish and I am only hurting the person that I am lying to, all because I'm afraid of the immediate consequences, another stupid reason why I lie sometimes is because I want to feel special and importiant.

Let me show you something that I read on wikipedia on pathalogical liar's (you might have already read it);

Persons who are considered pathological liars have average or slightly below average intelligence, with better verbal IQ than performance IQ.

This one makes me sad.

I know when I talk to someone I try my best to listen without interrupting but sometimes I do butt in over the top but I try my best to steer back to what they were originally talking about, I always try my best listen to my INFJ friends.

Unfortunately I can relate with this.

Other peoples feelings feel numb to me. I find it difficult to see what they are seeing. But none the less I try my best to see what they are seeing even though I can't do it very well.

My INXJ sister would get angry with me when I couldn't understand someones feelings, this made me sad.

Yes, we are very good at this. However I wish I had this ability evertime I lose something such as my wallet.

This one makes me angry.
I can't stand ENTP's that abuse this ability. There is a place and a time for it but not all the the time. I know sometimes I can come across as manipulative but I try not to force anyone to do anything that they don't want to do.

I used to be like this myself but all it did was slap me back across the face. I thought him being married to an INFJ (yourself) he would of realised this.

INFJ's I consider one of the hardest types to build a friendship with, yet alone a romantic relationship (that would be like climbing Mount Everest)

I bet deep down inside he knew it was his fault. He's a coward to not admit it.

We have different ways of reading people but often we need to training to do so. We go by the way how someone walks, talks and eye contact. We are not the best at sensing others emotions yet alone relating with them.

This one made me laugh, because its true. We are scatterbrained. Leaving stuff all over the place and then forgetting where we placed it. It can be a nightmare for us! However the biggest nightmare for me Is when I forget to take my medication, that can be disastrous.

Its strange, I love constructive critisism! It forces me to become better.
Its one of the best things in the world for me because I learn from it and ENTP's love learning.

No concept of foresight? I thought we were always looking to the future?
I always try to look into the future of my actions thats why I havn't run off and done what "normal teens" do because I know that It will only hurt me, my future and others.

How easy was that for to say?

Aren't you sad?
I would be sad If I married an INFJ and then divorced him.
To have experianced what sounded like the full warth of a immature ENTP must of been harsh. I can see why you and others on the forums might have some dislike for them.

But I hope this post might of cleared something up, or maybe you already knew all of this?

INFJ's tend to carry the answers to some of lifes many mysteries.

I do have to say as an ENTP I do feel useless, and sometimes I do ask myself "Would I really be a worthy partner, a wife, a mother, a soulmate?" All I hope for is that I don't give my future partner the hell that yours gave you.

Last edited:
I want myself an ENTP or ENFP, rawr

ENTPs are also famous for various smart but completely useless observations: like yesterday he came into the office beaming "do you know what color the universe is??? IT'S MILKY-PINK". Me - omg how could I have missed that :D
lol, this is exactly how my ENFP roommate acts.