What is an INFJ's view on an ENTP?

Matariki

Donor
Sep 30, 2009
MBTI
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
This thread is kinda of inspried by the "Anybody ever date a INTJ?" thread. Some of these questions might sound weird but I had to ask.

• Other MBTI types are free to post on this too. I want to see from all sides of the spectrum.
  • What is the impression that you get from ENTP's?Do you ever sense mental walls around ENTP's or does it depend on the ENTP? Are ENTP's capable of making these walls?
  • Are ENTP's sensitive or again does this depend on the ENTP?
  • What are they like relationship wise? Both sexual and in a friendship realationship.
  • Does anyone here have ENTP childern or siblings, If so what was it/is like living/ growing up with them?
  • Are there any key differences between ENTP males and ENTP females?
And for my own curiosity I'll add in one more,
  • What do INFJ males think of ENTP females?
I had to ask because on various different sites that I looked on it says that generally ENTP's/ENFP's make ideal partners for INFJ's. Because most ENTP's tend to be males and vice verca for INFJ's. I'm not quite sure how it would work the other way round. I don't know if the female would end up being the more dominate in such as relationship. I do know I get along with INFJ females very well but however I am not a lesbian.

ENTP's also fit well with INTJ's, but I find them a tad too grumpy.

Last edited:
What is the impression that you get from ENTP's?

They're usually pretty smart, quite easy going i think. Can't speak to how they are on the relationships front. They're extremely knowledgeable about things. And maybe not as strict in their logic as INTJs (someone can correct me on this if i'm wrong). But i think their T can make it difficult for them to recognize their partner's feelings or concerns. So, i assume this means, you need to verbalize your feelings to them, for them to understand.

Some of this is impression, so i'm not sure i'm correct.

They strike me as grand in personality, matter of fact, and less pretentious than other intellectuals. Sure they are confident in their ideas, but their confidence doesn't always cross over into the realm of egoism. They seem pretty enthusiastic about people but at the same time not as concerned about them as an INFJ would be.
They seem to get lots of enjoyment out of life.

So, i assume this means, you need to verbalize your feelings to them, for them to understand.

You hit the nail on the head here, at least for myself anyway.

I have a vague idea as to how someone else may be feeling. Because this conclusion was made through observation and analysis, I need feelings to be verbalised for my "hypothesis" to be either proved or disproved.

If it is proved I'll try and remember the "hows" and "whys" of this particular situation so I have a better idea how to handle myself should anything similar pop up in the future.

• What is the impression that you get from ENTP's?
I find most to be highly intelligent, they are quite outgoing and confident of themselves and they are not afraid to state their opinion and what they believe in, in a logical manner. They love to research, learn and tell you about this stuff, they can be quite detached on their views. They are generally friendly yet maybe a bit to bold. They are very assertive.

• Do you ever sense mental walls around ENTP's or does it depend on the ENTP? Are ENTP's capable of making these walls?
It depends on the maturity of the ENTP like any other type, if the type is mature, then both types can overlook the difference regardless of types.

• Are ENTP's sensitive or again does this depend on the ENTP?
This also depends on the person, but I think it takes certain types to develop this sensibility, INFJ's as introverts and feelers are considered to be sensitive, and the typical ENTP is associated with a bit to much of a confidence of what they know, but like any other type sensetivity can be developed.

• What are they like relationship wise? Both sexual and in a friendship realationship.
Not really friends with anyone since well, I have trouble befriending and other people don't often approach but from observation they tend to be quite aimable and they will dazzle you with their theories, most of them can't stop talking for some reason, once they get into a subject they are very devoted andc an go on and on giving you explanations.

• Does anyone here have ENTP childern or siblings, If so what was it/is like living/ growing up with them?
Nope

• Are there any key differences between ENTP males and ENTP females?
Do to certain gender expectation their might be, but in general I think they are both pretty much the same.

Not really friends with anyone since well, I have trouble befriending and other people don't often approach but from observation they tend to be quite aimable and they will dazzle you with their theories, most of them can't stop talking for some reason, once they get into a subject they are very devoted andc an go on and on giving you explanations.

Sorry. :m187:

We try to explain everything about a subject until one's ear's bleed.

The more we talk to them about a subject the more we think they will understand. We also get excited when we talk to people about theroies and ideas that could change something around us, we love it when we are talking to someone who could exchange great ideas.

Like INFJ's we can also be found in libraries, however usually talking loudly to our friends or siblings (in my case) about ideas or things that we have discovered while reading. We are often found carrying or sitting next to a large quantity of books.

We can be a bit intense sometimes. :m197:

The INTPS I know love to explain stuff. Some of it interesting and some of it condescendingly obvious.

I like them sometimes but other times they remind me of a clock.

Maybe I should of changed this thread to "What is an INFJ's veiw on a INTP?"

Its strange because I get along quite fine with INTP's, My father is an INTP and he is one of the most loving people that I know. My father is a father of 10 childern including myself, he has been with married to my mother for over 20 years (my mother is a ENFJ) However Its an absolute battle field between my mother and myself. So I can sort of understand the clashes, maybe the clashes I have with ENFJ's are the same as what INFJ's have with INTP's. :m083:

Maybe I should of changed this thread to "What is an INFJ's veiw on a INTP?"

Its strange because I get along quite fine with INTP's, My father is an INTP and he is one of the most loving people that I know. My father is a father of 10 childern including myself, he has been with married to my mother for over 20 years (my mother is a ENFJ) However Its an absolute battle field between my mother and myself. So I can sort of understand the clashes, maybe the clashes I have with ENFJ's are the same as what INFJ's have with INTP's. :m083:

lol it could be like a XNTP thread really, they both have the same ideas, love to talk about theories, etc, I just find one to be more private and ''withdrawn'' and the other one to be overly-talkative/confident about what they are saying. But same analytical thinking, creativity and well they are just fun xD.