What is an INFJ's view on an ENTP? | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

What is an INFJ's view on an ENTP?

This thread is kinda of inspried by the "Anybody ever date a INTJ?" thread. Some of these questions might sound weird but I had to ask.

• What do INFJ males think of ENTP females?

• One of my best female friends is an ENTP, and I'm an INFJ male, so I can field some of this. I learned that the NT/NF pairing from my relationship with the INTJ is a pretty good paring, but it is challenging. When it's good, it's good. But when you clash, you generally clash. A female with a strong T for me at times is too practical, where as with my super strong F, I'm too optimistic and go too strongly with my feelings and instincts for a female with a strong T to relate too. No doubt that romance with an NT/NF pairing could work, but it takes two individuals willing to see the other person's perspective. This is true in any relationship. In the thread that you are referring too, I spent a few months trying to understand how my INTJ's mind worked, where I'm not sure that my INTJ ever put enough effort into understanding my INFJ.

Anyway, back to ENTP. I've tackled NT/NF. I feel like I'm better when paired with an E versus an I, as they make me less introverted. The P is what I struggle with. I'm to the point that I don't think I'll ever date a P again. Every time I've tried to, it's short lived. Personally, I need a little more order and for someone to have an opinion about things. P's are too all over the board to me- I never know if they're coming or going. I find them difficult to make plans with, as they always like to keep things open, in a "maybe we'll do that" approach, where my J would prefer to map out my schedule for the week, month, etc. With my ENTP friend, I appreciate the way that she thinks, it's totally different than I do, and there are lots of moments where I just say "I don't understand how you think that, but I can appreciate your 100% opposite view on things". But it's too much the opposite end of the spectrum for me, personally.

Good Myers Briggs pairings for me seem to be ESFJ, ENFJ or ESTJ, ENTJ. I've dated ENFJ before and it's almost too familiar, as we agreed on most everything most of the time. I'm dating an ESFJ right now and loving every moment of it, but I think some of that has to do with particular the woman versus her Myer's Briggs. I don't believe I've ever met a female ESTJ or ENTJ, and I'd be curious to get to know one better.

I nearly fell in love-at-first-sight with an ENTP I was counseling the other day (academic counseling). He was probably my age or a bit younger, but he reminded me of a hippie John Goodman in looks. It was almost painfully obvious he was ENTP - he was thinking almost the entire time, but he exuded smary charm and fun. We kept going back and forth with banter and jokes to be honest, and we kept up with each other mentally. It was fun. :D

I have no idea if he was my ideal match or not, and I probably would've had a difficult time with him in other ways, but in their element they are *fun* people. The internet seems like a hard place to "know" them, though (except for their beliefs and ideals).

Reactions: Blind Bandit
Hi an 'ENTP' type here. I wasn't able to go through all the pages (it's late here and I can't be bothered). I wanted to see if anyone else had a entp-infj sibling relationship. So I'm here to share my entp-infj relationship.

I have two brothers, the elder one an infj and the other, a third child, an estp (high chance). Growing up with these guys was fun and adventurous. I would be nagging them to play with me or I just drop in and just join them in whatever. We loved playing video games when young. My elder brother was the brightest in solving problems, followed by me, then my little brother. It was difficult for my little brother to catch on fast. We done acting, like some drama game. We do sports. We do a lot of activities together, is what I'm saying. However, this is was when were a wee baby. School began and we became more of our own individual self. Heck, even our parents fought. But to my infj-entp sibling relationship.

During our time apart, I discovered my big brother was always in his own world. While I continued messing around and enjoying myself, he went and look for deeper meaning in stuff. People, usually. We have drifted apart and I thought of him once as any other people until we came to talking once in a while. He was the child who talked to his parent when something's troubling him I thought it was unnecessary at one stage, but maybe because I don't value my parents as he did. He had a bully of sorts and couldn't stand and watch them. Our parents weren't the greatest advisor and our school weren't that great at handling baddies. One day, he stood up against some random bully that was hurting some other child and tried to teach him a lesson... literally. Tried to demonstrate his way was wrong. I thought about how'd I handle it but I think I would be rather insulting and making fun of the bully. I think his way was called 'trying to change a person'. He had this written concept on the world and willingness to decipher other fundamental statement or symbol. My little brother and I never wanted to watch a movie in the same room with my infj brother. When he gets excited or agitated by a scene he goes and gives us a speech on how or why that happened what's the further meaning behind that (GAWD). Basically he was our Ted Moseby (from How I Met Your Mother).

As an entp sister he found out I do not really act like a girl nor am I obsess with worldly possession. He thought that was rather inconvenient. :m047:
I inconsiderate in my part, most of the time. I've thought back in my time, my big brother was very caring in his own little way. You don't notice it. But it's there. When there was an odd particular moment he had this weird habit (I won't mention it's too weird (WEIRD (Did I say weird?))) I was so irritated about it. It got on the family's nerve soon and I was surrounded by Sensory mom and Sensory Dad and Sensory little brother they just demanded he stopped. I went and investigate like a real person should. And what I found was beyond this world reasoning, like some complex thing. I discovered this guy was a Feeler. At most of my frustrated times I was bothered to ask why he does this or that. I didn't believe it at first because he wasn't the type of common people you past everyday. It was like an unknown yet I live with this guy. Hey, my laptop's battery running low I'll come back another time.

I know an entp pretty well...probably would call him my best friend...we are similar in many respects except my ways of picking up on what is going on in his mind and expressing my thoughts and deep feelings possibly make him somehow unnerved at times. And entp can be repelled and attracted at different times by infj, I think. They are rational people but also love the mysteries of our intuition and like when they are made center of attention. Until they don't. They hover back and forth with infj, coming closer when in need of acceptance and understanding, but moving back away to their rational practical comfort state because their logical rationality takes over along with things that are easier. But always find the way back. What I love about ENTP is their ability to break down a complex problem to its simplest state. I love their arrogance coupled with their ability to notice their behavior is arrogant amd laugh about it. I love the fun and the brashness and the lightness and excitement. I love the strength as well as the vulnerability. The truth telling. I love they see how INFJ has their number and intuitively know how to treat us the right way. They see our worth. I love how the two types complement and draw out the others best self. Make each other better

Well personally I avoid a relationship for now because of certain reasons. But what I can tell you is we are sensitive to other people but only if we respect them and care about them in a social way. Other people such as that annoying guy that thinks he's smart and wants everyone to know it we treat like chicken plop until he shuts his cluckin mouth.

An old, female, school friend of mine is an ENTP. We've had a strange relationship over the years (nearly 30 years!). She was very imaginative and introverted as a child, so I wonder if her type changed at some point. About 10 years ago, we bonded a little more over life circumstances. I had just turned veggie, and she seemed interested to be one herself. She tried it but gave up. I felt that she admired my depth of feeling and was drawn to me in some way. However, I was annoyed with her opinion that depression doesn't exist. These days, we don't see each other much, but she's always up for meeting up (she is an extrovert!). I have noticed that she's now very inflexible with her opinions. She also talks about herself A LOT! She rarely asks questions about my life. I stopped following her on Facebook as all she ever does is argue (debater!). She told me she doesn't understand introverts and can't see how they have a place in society (her boyfriend is an introvert...). She also likes to push her beliefs my face, knowing fine well that they are offensive to me. Having said that, I like talking to her and she has her role in my group of friends (six of us, all with different personality types). She has a twin sister who is an ENFJ (also in our group).