What does God like about you? | INFJ Forum

What does God like about you?

knight in battle

Feb 28, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
What do you think God likes about you or enjoys about you?

Not what he likes about human beings in general──you specifically.

Reactions: Kmal
I don't think god has a sex or a gender...
wouldn't it be a narcisstic sort of love.. i know that's kind of blasphemous and contradictory or what have you not, but kind of like wow she's another expression of how awesome i am.
? yes? Maybe?
just an idea.

ETA: Not to self-boast, although I am awesome ;), but i identify with the idea that the creator likely loves and appreciates us unconditionally hence seeing us as awesome.

Last edited:
Reactions: Quiet
Well, I guess he must be a masochist, if he does in fact love seeing how hopeless one of his creations is.

Personification of God only goes so far before our subjectivity shows. He likes my lust for the truth and His ways. He likes that I like Him immeasurably. He likes that I want to do what He would do. He likes that I love unconditionally and forgive others no matter what. He likes that I truly care for people and everything in existence.

edit: The first sentence brought about a side thought. It is what the Christ belief does, literally personifying God because of the unity of spirit and physical. The spirit, being a part of the physical, was made flesh to live with us. Still does to this day if you believe it, because as Jesus lives, so do we, and we are a part of Him, as He is a part of God. I thought the other day many people would be offended by this belief, and that He gave people authority instead of submission.

Last edited:
everything. every single thing.

I think God would be pleased that I occasionally enjoy listening to Christian music. :m073:

And I think he would also like that I have faith... In exactly what I'm still not sure, but I have faith, man! :m202:

Depends on how you view God.
If you believe he is a wise white-bearded old man sitting in the clouds ... then he might like me for something.
On the other hand if you believe that it is something different, say a hard to understand universal force, witch sometimes comes into my mind, then I do not know how this question could be answered.

Probably nothing in particular, just a general like of me as a whole.

God is this force that created and controls the universe, He doesn't like per se anything about me, it's just me that has to like Him and learn about Him and find what my path is with Him and to Him. He is existence. I don't think He likes or dislikes, He just made the universe and when you follow His way in His universe, it's the best, and when you don't, then youre just messing up your own life. But i dont think it effects how much He likes or dislikes a person. I guess if i think about it, He likes any efforts I have made to learn about Him and act accordingly to the knowledge I gained. Yeah, that's prob what He likes about me.

My atheism.

I think that everything is just energy vibrating at certain frequencies. I think that we are energy and that our words and even thoughts are energy.

I think that matter is animated by consciousness. The double slit experiment for example shows that particles behave differently when observed; they can exhibit the properties of both waves and particles

I think that matter is given form when it is perceived by consciousness. I think that consciousness extends beyond the confines of our skulls, which are themselves just the perception of consciousness, and is in fact all one consciousness which is experiencing reality subjectively and collectively

So i think that we all create reality both individually and collectively, which means that we are all god.

So if you are god....what do you like about yourself?

Reactions: Kmal
So i think that we all create reality both individually and collectively, which means that we are all god.

This bit basically mirrors what I was considering replying.

I agree that reality is created, but I dont like to take credit. I'd rather say the spirit has allowed for it to exist, all that was, is, and will be, and I am merely experiencing it. I'm thinking that the God concept is like an equation- whatever you think God is, add some. It is never fully grasped because it is always 'and some.' We are an approximation of God, just short of Him, so there are no ceilings!

John 10:34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”’ (source)? My understanding so far is we are gods of God. We are the ripples of the splash, the winds of the storm, and the creators of the creation, yet when we add some to that, which we do, we must add some more to be God, and forever on. The blending of the physical and spiritual is depicted as the kingdom of God, which we must earn through our actions, yet can be seen as creating. We are always creating, and now we see what we are creating, and what has been created. The idea must first exist in thought before it comes to fruition and manifests. It is like the saying 'out of sight, out of mind,' for what is within shows by what is outside of you.

Last edited:
Just the other day somebody called me a "spineless fuck", and I turned the other cheek. I assume that God would be pretty proud of that.

Reactions: Nixie