What are your Folk Remedies? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What are your Folk Remedies?

okay, so i got two requests....sleep --> chamomile is supposed to be helpful, but not if you have allergies to ragweed. someone mentioned valerian, i think. it's supposed to be good too, but it smells like old feet. lavender in flower or essential oil form is also helpful for some people. sleep itself is very important although some people say you shoudn't eat 3 hours before bedtime. i hardly ever do that as my work/school schedule do not permit it. couldn't find an appropriate monkey :(

it was 100% sincerity. I did start the thread afterall.

oooh, 2understandme, please go on

also, any recommended oil to mix with the lavender (also proportions, how much oil to lavender)

For colds; Chop up eucalyptus leaves and put them into a bowl of boiling hot water. Breathe in the steam.

Sorry Naetur Vindur, I didn't mean to insult you, if I did :(

Reactions: NaeturVindur
Sparkz --> I usually just eye it, but there are "recipes" all over the internet. A teaspoon of olive oil, jojoba, avocado would all work. Just a couple of drops of oil is all that you need as it is very potent.
Shai Gar --> I agree, eucalyptus leaves are wonderful for clearing things up

soda for an upset stomach, down a bottle of water for a head ache, heat up a hand cloth and apply it a hurting tooth or ear.

Naetur Vindur, I don't how to get back the screen where you said to take what you said at face value and that you weren't offended, otherwise I would've just replied there. Okay, I'm happy to know I didn't offend you!

(its in your CP: go to the top of the page, directly under the logo click User CP, then click User Control Panel. Its on that page. However you can't directly reply to Rep comments, so most people leave a visitor comment (Click on the name, click User Profile) or send a PM (click the name, click Sens a Private Message to ~~~~).)

oh okay, thank you!

Gaterade for hangovers. Orange juice for nausea.

I use passion flower leaves as a tea for anxiety. Don't steep longer than 4 minutes or it because undrinkably bitter. Don't disturb the teaball or water at all either, you want to keep that nasty bitter stuff contained, then remove it.
If I'm having a $%!*y day 2 big mugs makes me quite calm again.

I will sometimes use a facemask of a partly dissolved aspirin (no coating, put a few drops of water over/around it and wait 10 minutes, it turns to a course powder) and honey. Its messy, but its good to deal with acne. Calms it down. You can use this as a face scrub too. As a mask, don't use it more than twice a week or you'll build up a resistance. Aspirin (acetylsalic acid) is in a lot of acne products btw.

Taking zinc is also good for acne, it reduces sebum production and boosts your immune system. But be careful how much you take, it can make you throw up even if you have the ideal compound, zinc citrate. I was taking huge amounts for a while, and my face "dried up" noticeably, but now I just take 25mg a day for maintenance, as big amount for a long time will also interfere with you levels of iron, copper, calcium and especially magnesium, which is at the bottom of the absorption totem pole.

Sweet tea or coke for nausea.

B12 for energy, also important to maintain neurological health..I've been low on it and has seriously affected my thought process...

This is not an herbal or homeopathic remedy but a friend swears by Feng Shui...I haven't tried it out though.

Ginger tea for an upset stomach - it works WONDERS. Ginger soda also works but not as well as the tea. For example, I was on a boat during 12 foot waves and my family was the only one not puking because we had ginger tea. It also works for upset stomach due to colds as well. Pretty much any time I have a sore stomach ginger tea makes it better.

Banannas for energy, aloe gel for burns (ones without open sores). Strangely enough bananna peel against a burn soothes it...

Apple Cider Vinegar, the health benefits are countless! To name a few:

• Reduce sinus infections and sore throats
  • Balance high cholesterol
  • Cure skin conditions such as acne
  • Protect against food poisoning
  • Fight allergies in both humans and animals
  • Prevent muscle fatigue after exercise
  • Strengthen the immune system
  • Increase stamina
  • Increase metabolism which promotes weight loss
  • Improve digestion and cure constipation
  • Alleviate symptoms of arthritis and gout
  • Prevents bladder stones and urinary tract infections
You just mix in 2tbsp. of it into 8-16oz. of water 2-3 times a day. You can mix honey with it to balance out the sour.

for cold symptoms, hot water honey and whiskey, for broken heart the same but skip the water and honey.

When I occasionally feel depressed/unmotivated I put some St John's wort in my tea

St%20Johns%20Wort.jpg

It is extremely effective.

For some crazy reason, eating grapes helps me cure my headaches.

Anyone knowledgeable have a clue as to why that might be?

Last edited:
For some crazy reason, eating grapes helps me cure my headaches.

Anyone knowledgeable have a clue as to why that might be?

Just a guess, I have heard that over 60% of headaches are caused by dehydration. Grapes have lots of moisture?

Just a guess, I have heard that over 60% of headaches are caused by dehydration. Grapes have lots of moisture?
I do have problems with feeling dehydrated a lot. That might go a long way to explain it.

Thanks. You've just solved one of my longest running life mysteries... *laughs*