What are some unique interests you rarely share with others? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

What are some unique interests you rarely share with others?

That actually sounds very appealing to learn about. Where do you access case histories regarding serial killers?

I suppose knowing the names of a few of these criminals would help.

Ann Rule does some good true crime books. I also have some books called Hunting Humans which are short synopsis of serial killers or profiles.

Reactions: Gaze
I am passionate about autism rights and just learning as much about autism as is possible, also psychiatric and personality disorders. I love medical stuff and like reading in-depth about rare medical disorders such as Progeria, Porphyria, and Klinefelter's Syndrome.

I love other peoples relationships...how they are great...how they are not. I love to study how they work both in real life and books.
psychiatric and personality disorders!!!! I LOVE medical stuff too!! Mostly I like anything that is happening to people around me, and how to fix it from any possible angle.

Reactions: Bellosome
I really love to catch frogs. It's hard for me to be near water without looking for them.

I have an interest in very select pieces of art that most of my friends don't like that much (tine does, and my mum). I like prettiness in pictures.
Also, I've recently developed an interest (okay, a near-obsession) with creating a certain feeling in my writing. I'm getting there! :D

I used to love finding Scarites, when you grab one its pincers open up and it latches on whenever you put somthing between them.

So I would take two and make them kiss and they would latch onto one another's pincers or heads. I liked to see how long they would grip before they let go.

Couv_scarite.JPG

[/awkward silence]

I used to love finding Scarites, when you grab one its pincers open up and it latches on whenever you put somthing between them.

So I would take two and make them kiss and they would latch onto one another's pincers or heads. I liked to see how long they would grip before they let go.

Couv_scarite.JPG

[/awkward silence]

I think your avatar kind of looks like this guy.

i love languages and linguistics. If i could i'd study french lit, Chinese, and German, i'd be in all sorts of love with this. And i have a passing curiosity about theoretical physics . . . in sci-fi tv terms. I'd love to study art, but impressionist art. And i'd lurv to study aesthetics. And i'm very interested in studying cognition.

Last edited:
I rarely show a person my duck stamp collection, as small as it may be. Most collections I keep to myself or a very few people.

if a movie can be dark and still realistic, i really enjoy it.
Ditto.

that's awesome =)
Thanks. Most people think it's really unususal. I don't know if anyone shares the same level of interest in maps.

If toast or something pops out of a toaster, I will start giggling. It's usually what something does that I find funny. Universally I find appliances hilarious.

I think my sister and I do that. If we're in the middle of conversation and hear the blender in another room, we crack up. Same with alarms, or if the computer makes a weird noise.

Animal teeth.
Flossing.
Hideous floral prints.
Old Russian books.

Mental Illness
The Word of the Day
House of Leaves
Elephants

Reactions: Gaze
I love psycho-murder shows. And i love anything that involves being psychotic, killings, crimes. Why they do it etc. I once made a book with a storyline like it, and had my sister read it.. She's scared of me now...

Sometimes i think i am psychotic. Like, Patrick Bateman in American psycho...

I might scare people off here too lol. I was totally joking. :p

Reactions: Free and Night Owl
Fairy tales and documentaries on prisons.

Do you happen to watch 60Days in?

No, never heard of it, I don't have TV but it's not on any of the channels offered online in my country. Googled it. Looks like something I'd watch if I could :p

Reactions: Bellosome
No, never heard of it, I don't have TV but it's not on any of the channels offered online in my country. Googled it. Looks like something I'd watch if I could :p

Aww! :( it's a reallt great show! Too bad it isn't available over there :(

Reactions: Night Owl
Aww! :( it's a reallt great show! Too bad it isn't available over there :(

On Death Row directed by Werner is a great in-depth series, if you're into prison stuff. Really explores the humanity and the depravity all at once.

Reactions: Gaze and Bellosome