What are some unique interests you rarely share with others? | INFJ Forum

What are some unique interests you rarely share with others?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
What are some unique interests you rarely share with others?

i'm drawn to dark literature, dark movies, big tarantino fan. dunno why, i feel like theres a sense of realness to it. if a movie can be dark and still realistic, i really enjoy it, training day, pulp ficition stuff like this.

Reactions: Bellosome
I'm very interested in the science of obesity, it's weird.

Reactions: Gaze and Bellosome
I like drawing landscapes and maps for fun.
I also like a lot of music that most people don't, or have never heard of. Mostly hidden gems from the past or alternative/ avant-garde stuff.
Crazy people that are crazy because they like to think outside the box, or have interesting ideas.
Weather

Reactions: Gaze and Bellosome
I listen to extremely biased talk radio that I disagree with whenever I'm driving to get a grip on my own political ideology, and I find the radical views of others fascinating.

Reactions: Gaze
I'm intrigues by anomalies LOL

blood play, bondage, sexual kink :p

Almost no one (except my mom somewhat, and Raccoon Love to a certain extent) shares my sense of humor. It's very much based off mechanical inantimate objects and strange noises (I'll laugh at a toaster).

I'm interested in languages/lingusitics. There aren't too many people out there who seem to share this interest. I only know one person (classmate) who I can even speak to about languages. He is/speaks icelandic but also speaks english pretty much without an accent. If you know what spoken icelandic sounds like you will notice his accent, but it is subtle. This same person has also studied other languages like russian and greek. He is a lot more versed than I am when it comes to knowing other languages, but we are both highly interested in it and I enjoy our conversations.

Especially in the United States I find that people take language for granted. People who only know one language often do not understand the complexities involved with language. Most people don't even bother looking up the proper pronunciation the occasional foreign word that pops up in culture. e.g.

Though there may be several people here that share it with me, I find my interest in Japanese culture to be fairly unique.

No one who I know in Texas is fluent in Japanese, listens to Japanese music, watches J-drama, and has lived in Japan for two and a half years. Usually if interest is there it doesn't go much farther than anime and Final Fantasy.

I also am into japanese culture Wyst :smile: I am passionate about autism rights and just learning as much about autism as is possible, also psychiatric and personality disorders. I love medical stuff and like reading in-depth about rare medical disorders such as Progeria, Porphyria, and Klinefelter's Syndrome.

Almost no one (except my mom somewhat, and Raccoon Love to a certain extent) shares my sense of humor. It's very much based off mechanical inantimate objects and strange noises (I'll laugh at a toaster).

i'm curious, are you literally laughing at the toaster (how it looks, sounds, feels) or something more abstract like how it was designed, or how it functions, or something it reminds you of, or its history, etc.?

Last edited:
If toast or something pops out of a toaster, I will start giggling. It's usually what something does that I find funny. Universally I find appliances hilarious.

If toast or something pops out of a toaster, I will start giggling. It's usually what something does that I find funny. Universally I find appliances hilarious.

oh lol, thats adorable. you'd be the equivalent of the toaster to me, i'd giggle if i saw you giggling at toast xD

I listen to extremely biased talk radio that I disagree with whenever I'm driving to get a grip on my own political ideology, and I find the radical views of others fascinating.
I do the exact same thing. When all of my roommates are gone I'll turn on a certain "news" channel for my daily does of comedy.

vote, or I kill you.