Valentine's Day | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Valentine's Day

i think if i were to celebrate Valentine's Day with an SO, anything overly romantic such as a gift or chocolate wouldn't be important - it would be time with the person. It could be a walk on the beach or spending a quiet evening together with a great meal. That would be a nice Valentine.

Reactions: not sure
i think if i were to celebrate Valentine's Day with an SO, anything overly romantic such as a gift or chocolate wouldn't be important - it would be time with the person. It could be a walk on the beach or spending a quiet evening together with a great meal. That would be a nice Valentine.

Although i wouldn't turn away a single red rose if my hypothetical SO offered it :)

Last Valentines day I went out in the middle of the woods with a couple of my friends and shot some dollar store Valentine stuffed animals full of holes with a bunch of guns. My friend Kristen has this friend named Guy who is apparently one of the biggest hicks ever and is sort of a gun enthusiast. He brought something like 5-6 different guns. AK47 rifle, an uzi, 2 different shotguns, and a couple smaller handguns...I'm not well versed in guns so I can't remember all of them. Not something I would normally do, but I was invited and it sounded more entertaining than sitting on my ass at home being lonely.

It was awesome. You haven't lived until you've shot a giant stuffed tiger in the ass at close range. Fluff goes EVERYwhere.

This year my plans are more low key hah. Probably just sitting around with my husband and my son and relaxing. :]

Reactions: aeon
My mom sent me a card that said "Happy VD Day!"

I know she meant Valentines Day, but I found it ironically funny.

Yeah, as long as i am single, it's a bitter holiday. But at least, i don't have to sen money (that sounds just awful).

Anyway, my sisters B-Day is on V-Day so that will keep me happy.

[MENTION=1009]bamf[/MENTION]; Happy VD Day

Reactions: bamf
We have an old man named Mr. Chuck who comes by our store every day to chat and tell us jokes and stories, and general chit-chat. Today he brought us each a little Valentine's flower. It was so sweet. Made my day.

I took Monday off to spend with my hunka hunka burnin' love. We will probably fight all day and go to bed angry, judging by the last few weeks. I'm going to do my very best to make it a good day for both of us.

Since my husband and I are on opposite sides of the world right now, probably not.

I was thinking of sending him flowers/chocolates to his work though...

Just wanted to share a Valentine's Day experience I had.

I went out to dinner with my gf and got a window seat looking out towards the insides of the mall it was in. As we were eating, we noticed some of the other Valentine's Day couples walking by and it made for great entertainment.

First couple: Girl has her arms around a big plush animal and is happy and vibrant. The guy looked impassive and probably slightly broke.

Second couple: Girl looks visibly angry and is yelling at her boyfriend. Guy looks flustered.

We just laughed and kept on eating. ^^

I don't understand Valentine's Day. I think it is a holiday created to make men feel inadequate in their affections. I also think it is made to make women feel they need to be validated by men. Sorry to those of you I have excluded with same sex orientations, but I think you get the just...

The only benefit I really see to Valentine's day from my perspective is I can tell those who are really important to me that I love them with out making them feel awkward. I recognize that not all people communicate like I do and are uncomfortable with hearing how loved they are on a random Tuesday...so this day helps in that sense.

I don't expect anything for Valentine's Day and would much rather have someone show or tell me randomly how loved/important I am to them should that be the case.

Last Valentine's day I happened to work late causing the need to eat out. We went to a restaurant and there was a huge wait. We received one of those buzzer thingys that tells you when your table is ready. After an hour and a half it went off and the line was now monterous. We saw a couple fighting because there was a failure to make a reservation on someone's part. M gave the man our buzzer so he could go to the front of the line. The man gave M $50 even though he insisted it wasn't necessary. M decided that every VDay he was going to make several reservations and supplement his income.

I won't be doing anything simply because of work and homework. However I've made him a little gift that I'm proud of - his own custom built Magic: The Gathering deck, that focuses on Tigers/Cats (his favorite animal EVER). He said he's also made me something. We'll probably meet up a couple of days later and swap our gifts to each other (he lives 40 minutes away) :)

Oh, and he'll be over for my b-day which is three days after valentines day so that's all that counts for me hehe.

I don't understand Valentine's Day. I think it is a holiday created to make men feel inadequate in their affections. I also think it is made to make women feel they need to be validated by men. Sorry to those of you I have excluded with same sex orientations, but I think you get the just...

The only benefit I really see to Valentine's day from my perspective is I can tell those who are really important to me that I love them with out making them feel awkward. I recognize that not all people communicate like I do and are uncomfortable with hearing how loved they are on a random Tuesday...so this day helps in that sense.

I don't expect anything for Valentine's Day and would much rather have someone show or tell me randomly how loved/important I am to them should that be the case.

Last Valentine's day I happened to work late causing the need to eat out. We went to a restaurant and there was a huge wait. We received one of those buzzer thingys that tells you when your table is ready. After an hour and a half it went off and the line was now monterous. We saw a couple fighting because there was a failure to make a reservation on someone's part. M gave the man our buzzer so he could go to the front of the line. The man gave M $50 even though he insisted it wasn't necessary. M decided that every VDay he was going to make several reservations and supplement his income.

I agree, but it's still nice to have an offical excuse to spend time with someone.

Greeting cards are dumb, and so are meaningless gifts that you just bought at a store. Spending time with someone out on the town or out somewhere special is excellent though, as is getting a gift that feels thought out and special.

I know love isn't about waiting till v-day to do it, but fact of the matter is, it's still nice to officially plan to do those kinds of things on day like valentines :D

[MENTION=3156]saru[/MENTION] [MENTION=2873]SouloftheLaurel[/MENTION] [MENTION=963]myself[/MENTION] [MENTION=2926]Bird[/MENTION] will you be my valentine?

[MENTION=3156]saru[/MENTION] [MENTION=2873]SouloftheLaurel[/MENTION] [MENTION=963]myself[/MENTION] [MENTION=2926]Bird[/MENTION] will you be my valentine?

Always ♥.

im gay :|

something i actually said yesterday: "but i don't want fried pig penis for Valentine's day."

I went shopping today and almost everything in the stores was red!!!

I'm single. So who wants to be my valentine? The more the merrier. <3

Reactions: Neuropedia