Too Fat to Graduate | Page 10 | INFJ Forum

Too Fat to Graduate

Yes, that's precisely what Democracy is. However, contract law is not democracy, it's two entities going into a legally binding agreement.

Ya you got your point. I suppose they should have have left for good when the rule was introduced.

Now being a sucker who's there to blame.

Ok, but I thought I laid out pretty clearly how both therapies tend to be not lasting, dangerous and sometimes ridiculous.

Not quite. If you stick to a healthy diet and appropriate amount of exercise then, overtime, you will lose weight at a reasonable and maintainable level. Just like how if you stick to a poor diet with lack of activity then, overtime, you will gain weight.
I am still not seeing how losing weight is still 'as bad' as altering your skin.

Ya you got your point. I suppose they should have have left for good when the rule was introduced.

Now being a sucker who's there to blame.

She was a part of the entry year when it was introduced. It wasn't introduced retrospectively, it was introduced only for that years intake and following.
The years before her didn't need to obey it.

Really was her fault and no others. She's got herself to blame.

Honestly as people we are supose to work 24/7 and be skinny. Not gonna happen.

not the fine print, she says in the article that she knew all about it.

Honestly as people we are supose to work 24/7 and be skinny. Not gonna happen.

2 points

1) why work 24/7, that may be actualy more of a health risk then obesity.

2) Skinny isn't actually neccessary, just not obese there's a difference. I'm by no means skinny, but I'm not obese either.

I know very few who are working hard and maintained the same body type. Most go leaner as stress tends to wreak havoc on ones eating schedule and metabolic system.

If I set up a unniversity I will require that students eat an enormous chocolate chip cookie before they can graduate. :D If they don't like the cookie, that's cool. No honours though.

lol! where do I enrol? :)

Under contract law, most psychopaths, like Jigsaw, are ethical and concerned citizens. They offer their victims a choice for personal growth. Well, a few limbs lost along the way, who counts.

Besides, suppose you are poor, and such a school is the only one near you, so you can't afford traveling to other schools. Or suppose a critical mass of schools adopts such policy.

Children would wake up directly in Jigsaw's torture rooms, and perfectly legal.

Not true. Contract law requires that all entities engaging in the contract be of the legal age of majority to engage in any contract (exceptions provided), and enter into the contract without duress or intoxication on either part.

Jigsaws victims cannot be considered to have entered his "Contracts" without duress.

Not quite. If you stick to a healthy diet and appropriate amount of exercise then, overtime, you will lose weight at a reasonable and maintainable level. Just like how if you stick to a poor diet with lack of activity then, overtime, you will gain weight.
I am still not seeing how losing weight is still 'as bad' as altering your skin.

So why hasn't this effect shown up in any randomised controlled trial? There is no proven treatment for obesity that will "normalise" body weights in the long term (just as there is probably no proven skin change therapy in the long term either), I will believe it when I see the hard evidence rather than idealogical nonsense.

2) Skinny isn't actually neccessary, just not obese there's a difference. I'm by no means skinny, but I'm not obese either.

Obesity is just a number, BMI 30 rather than 29.9 there is nothing special about being obese.

So why hasn't this effect shown up in any randomised controlled trial? There is no proven treatment for obesity that will "normalise" body weights in the long term (just as there is probably no proven skin change therapy in the long term either), I will believe it when I see the hard evidence rather than idealogical nonsense.

Obesity is just a number, BMI 30 rather than 29.9 there is nothing special about being obese.

I think that most controlled trials suffer from two things: 1) Assuming that one diet (or two) will work for everything and 2) We haven't really been obese long enough for a 'long term' study to really produce any results. People who are obese, outside of teenagers (due to hormone changes and stuff that haven't leveled off yet), will have a tendency (perhaps psychological) to put weight back on. Honestly, I don't believe you are going to find hard evidence ever though. We can't 'cure' a lot of things now, and we just throw pills at it to make us hurt less and also, I think that most people who resort to government weight trials are well off into obesity

We haven't really been obese long enough for a 'long term' study to really produce any results.

Huh? There has been massive amounts of research into obesity for over 50 years. Maintaining weight loss for more than 5 years seems to be the standard that as yet nothing has met, and A LOT of groups are trying (and have tried) as there would be a ton of money in finding the only "proven" weight loss/maintenance treatment.

Huh? There has been massive amounts of research into obesity for over 50 years. Maintaining weight loss for more than 5 years seems to be the standard that as yet nothing has met, and A LOT of groups are trying (and have tried) as there would be a ton of money in finding the only "proven" weight loss/maintenance treatment.

Eh, by 'long' enough, I meant we haven't been studying obesity for a person's averagel life time (Both studying it in general and observing how obesity can affect the body over a life time via longitudinal studies) but I suppose that if you can't even do it for five years, why extrapolate it farther. Outside of people will disorders, weight loss is as individual as the person who is losing the weight (Yes, I know, redundant statement) waiting for a pill to 'fix it all' seems to be hopeful thinking.

waiting for a pill to 'fix it all' seems to be hopeful thinking.

Well not even a pill, even just a proven diet and exercise regime that people could stick to would be good. So even though the greatest scientific minds in the world cannot come up with the answers we still expect fat people to somehow figure it all out on their own.