time | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

time

I think of time as a parameter that represents one of the basic limits of finite existence. I do not think it exists outside of this realm.

Me too.

And I know this is off topic but when it comes to browsing on the internet, I have no sense of time. An e-mail I get yesterday might as well have been two weeks ago. I guess I browse the internet so much and there is so much crap and info that I can't accurately say when I came across that info.

Nothing exists outside our perception. I'm not saying that undiscovered things wont be discovered, but they practically don't exist.

Time has its properties just as anything else. It exists as we see it. Time, like everything else is just in our heads. Though this statement is not meant to imply that we cannot share similar ideas of the "same" concept.

I don't know how deeply you could perceive time without adding something between the lines. The way I see it, things have happened, things are happening, things will happen, and all we did was slap a label on that concept.

Our interactions with time can also happen on more then one level. The past and the present intersect all the time in the world I live it, and this definitely influences the present and future. And these intersections are very, very real. Why? Because the events and circumstances of time are one thing, but ideas, concepts, aspirations, and perspectives can travel with us across time and greatly influence the present. In this case, it is often as if time did not exist at all.

In fact, one might also say that time is naturally limited tool....many of the great spiritual and religious traditions recognize/observe the existence of a timeless dimension.

Time is a linear abstract thought created by humans to keep track of events that happen to humans; hence it creates the concept of past, present and future. But on a deeper level there only exists the "present". The present time is created by us and it is not a outside force that happens to us. In the energetic Universe there is no concept of time; hence the propelling of events is governed by universal laws.

It's something we use to better understand our world. I don't remember any of the science behind it, but I remember sitting in one of my astronomy courses when it was discussed that massive amounts of gravity like a black hole change space-time. I know space time is different than time in the sense we're used to, so I really have no idea where I'm headed with this.

I'll leave it up to all you scientists and internet scientists to explain to me :)