fhtagn
Retired Staff
Oct 11, 2010
MBTI
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
What is time?

And before someone posts something of this nature...I don't mean the dictionary definition of time. I am thinking juuust a little deeper than that.

So what are your thoughts?

It's something that humans created to better understand their environment and to help bring order to their lives.

I think of time as a parameter that represents one of the basic limits of finite existence. I do not think it exists outside of this realm.

Time is a boring publication.

The measured distance between two or more actions.

Yes, I think along the same vein as Invisible on this subject.

Time is not a physical or source. It is not an energy or a chemical. Much like the 'soul', it is a simplified version of reality given quantity so as to make things easier for narrow minded humans.
Time is an artificial construct, thus we get silly ideas like time travel to the past or 'working days'.

Yes, I think along the same vein as Invisible on this subject.

Time is not a physical or source. It is not an energy or a chemical. Much like the 'soul', it is a simplified version of reality given quantity so as to make things easier for narrow minded humans.
Time is an artificial construct, thus we get silly ideas like time travel to the past or 'working days'.

Time exists relative to change in matter based on velocity and space. At least as is perceived by us.

Time exists relative to change in matter based on velocity and space. At least as is perceived by us.

Yes, and there we have it, as perceived by us. So because we decide that we can see something, does that mean it has to exist, but also have importance?
Oh how vain-glorious are these humans.

Yes, and there we have it, as perceived by us. So because we decide that we can see something, does that mean it has to exist, but also have importance?
Oh how vain-glorious are these humans.

I can only say that I do not view time as a linear function. It's that whole circle of life thingy majiggy for me. Past, present, future--it all has meaning--no ends, no beginnings, just moments.

Don't even get me started on Indian Time. (BTW, that is what skins call the lack of respect for being on time and how they judge time. "in awhile" can mean in the next 15 minutes or the next 15 days)

Reactions: bamf
Well, matter does interact with other matter in measurable quantities. We don't actually have to see it directly, inference and all. :p

Yes, but I think we're deviating slightly... What I mean to say is, did Humanity have to take the rather straightforward concept of change in matter, and turn it into a tool of slavery for it's peoples? With all the horrors of appointments, time slots, examination peroids and *gasp* by the hour parking charges!

I say a world that rises and falls by the hour is doomed to fall by the minute and never rise again.;P

Yes, but I think we're deviating slightly... What I mean to say is, did Humanity have to take the rather straightforward concept of change in matter, and turn it into a tool of slavery for it's peoples? With all the horrors of appointments, time slots, examination peroids and *gasp* by the hour parking charges!

I say a world that rises and falls by the hour is doomed to fall by the minute and never rise again.;P

Go plant some crops and have food without paying attention to a calendar. :p

Go plant some crops and have food without paying attention to a calendar. :p

Are you saying I need to plant crops to survive?
Again you support your disgusting humanity!

If we did not enslave natures bounty, we would not have to worry about maintaining it!

Reactions: bamf
Are you saying I need to plant crops to survive?
Again you support your disgusting humanity!

If we did not enslave natures bounty, we would not have to worry about maintaining it!

I am pretty sure you can go run off to some country to be a hunter gatherer. You just have to give up technology any your precious interwebz. :p

I am pretty sure you can go run off to some country to be a hunter gatherer. You just have to give up technology any your precious interwebz. :p

NOOO I REFUSE!

Oh, and this thread really needs this.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU2V-_wca28&feature=related"]YouTube - Dissidia: Final Fantasy - EX Burst: Ultimecia[/ame]

And this:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnTUXlHkLes&feature=watch_response"]YouTube - Destiny Odyssey VIII-5 (Squall vs Ultimecia) - Final Fantasy: Dissidia (US Version)[/ame]