Things about your type that don't fit you. | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Things about your type that don't fit you.

Im super fun. Example: I like to find pennies in couch cushions, doesnt that sound like a blast?

Reactions: bonfire
ENTJ 8w7

A bossy micromanager who gets off on controlling people and busting balls. No offense to anyone, but I couldn't give two sh*ts about what you do with your time or life. What I want, I earn it myself.

Infallible and without weakness. Truculent. Apathetic.

The rest is true.

I don't see myself as reserved as most Introverts seem to be, which is why I thought I was an Extravert for a long time.

Other people's input hasn't been very helpful. Some say I'm "a total Introvert," and some say a "raging Extravert."

I'm pretty sure I'm INFJ though.

Reactions: barbad0s
I am a mess-pot. I mean it - messy extremist. I know where everything is, but man if it's not horrible. I have this urge to throw out everything I own including my bed, and live in an empty house full of nothing. I almost would prefer it at this point.

"They rarely care what others think of them and this can have anti-social effects"

Only thing I could find that didn't really fit, I do care about how others perceive me - at times too much so.

"They rarely care what others think of them and this can have anti-social effects"

Only thing I could find that didn't really fit, I do care about how others perceive me - at times too much so.

Me too. But I don't show it.

And I mustn't care that much or I'd change. It'd be nice to just fit in effortlessly though...probably.

I don't do "artsy" type stuff (don't paint, play an instrument, mold pots out of clay, etc... I enjoy arts & crafts but get impatient/bored trying to create it).

Also, and this has been interesting lately even to myself, I am finding I get bored easy lately. For example, I used to be able to read for hours and loved it but now, after 15 or 20 minutes, I have to do something else to break the monotony and I never, ever had a problem like that before...maybe I am turning into an Enfj? (just kidding...people still drain me! : - ).

The last thing is that I don't like to be sad or think about sad things - I am not attracted to melancholy things; I like happy things. Maybe this is because our first son died when he was almost two years old (back in 1988) due to meningitis and there was nothing beautiful about the deep, deep and enduring pain you feel in a loss like that...I am not sure though, but I just know that I am not attracted to melancholy or sad things.

I can be kind of aggressive and insensitive for an INFP.
Also I'm just a bit of a control freak. Im not as nice as than the description says.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nixie
Im messy
I can procrastinate
I can be very spontanoeus
Im not cautious
Im uncouth
I can come across as very intimidating, insensitive and cold, especaily when im trying to get something done
Im more task focused than relationship focused at work and in many other scenarios
I often choose efficiency over feelings.
I love people- there is no one that i hate. I dont think the world sucks either
I dont have a thing about cats
I dont find it hard to approach people and i like being around them. I can be very social- although i do need time out by myself
I watch violent movies
Im not easily offended
I love a good arguement/debate -as long its not about personal shit

I feel that I am more concrete and practical than I "should be" as an INFJ. As a mother of two small kids, much of my time and energy goes to concrete stuff like clothing, feeding, changing, bathing... I have also worked as a secretary a few years back, which has forced me to think in a more concrete manner. And sometimes visionaries and absent-minded scholars annoy me, if I should get something done which requires their input and they have only some vague notions without any connection to the thing at hand.

Last edited:
Mathematically inclined I am not.

INTP 5w4

- I hate math because of all the rules.
- My Ne is dysfunctional.
- I'm terrible at designing.

Reactions: bonfire
I think I have a bit of a harder edge and am quite confrontational, and maybe a bit pushy at times. I use the first person a lot...( starting to get concerned about being a closet narcissist...).
I've gotten

I am confrontational as well and actually quite aggressive sometimes. I have been described as belligerent. I do not think I am belligerent but I know in all honesty that my will is stronger than that of most people, I will not put up with any bullshit and I will win in a real life conflict situation eventually even though I do a lot of whining and poor me complaining along the way to victory. All the INFJS I have known were all very capable and effective at standing up for themselves.

Jung said INFJs are the most useless type

Untitled, where did Jung claim this about INFJs or INXJs. I have read that he said this before and it always bothered me somewhat, darn it I can sew...a little :mhula:. I am not sure what he could have meant and I am not even sure that Jung had differentiated INXPs from INXJs.

I guess if Jung really was an INTP he probably really valued Si that most practical/useful of functions which INXJs lack most.

Pretty damn impulsive.

I'm not an overly giving person. I like doing nice things and service, yes, but to selected few, whom I really value as highly important in my life.
I can be quite blunt an tactless sometimes. Compared to my ESFJ friend, I feel like quite an imbecile in an interpersonal arena. But compared to INTxs and ISTxs I still appear much more communicative and diplomatic I supposed.
I have heard about "INFJ stare" which sounds odd to me because I rarely give intentional stare at people. I mean how can you be discreet about people observation if you keep staring at them?
I can be argumentative if something piqued my interest.
I don't think I'm that tunnel-visioned. I see it more as being focused when I believe something is correct, but I'm generally quite open-minded. When I'm right, I don't think I'm right because "it has to be" but I'm right because it makes the most sense at the moment.

Last edited:
Supposedly an INFJ - I really have to think about being kind - don't think it comes naturally to me.

I have heard about "INFJ stare" which sounds odd to me because I rarely give intentional stare at people. I mean how can you be discreet about people observation if you keep staring at them?.

I definitely do this. For me there are two "INFJ stares" - one is an intentional stare (reserved only for those people that I am hugely suspicious about and I'm not bothered about it being discreet. The other is more intense but meaningful and much more engaging.

Supposedly an INFJ - I really have to think about being kind - don't think it comes naturally to me.

I definitely do this. For me there are two "INFJ stares" - one is an intentional stare (reserved only for those people that I am hugely suspicious about and I'm not bothered about it being discreet. The other is more intense but meaningful and much more engaging.

Interesting. I only stare in two occasions: (1) an angry glare to (hopefully) drive someone away when being bothered (2) When I'm having a real connection with the other. I guess the enneagram has something to do with this? I highly value privacy and I'd think others would value theirs, so I don't try to know any "secrets" unless they let me. Despite this attempt, I still often know them anyway, and feel guilty about discovering them without their consent. Since I haven't had a real conversation with another INFJs irl, my question is: is it okay to know? Have you suffered from the guilt of knowing too much about others?