Things about your type that don't fit you. | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Things about your type that don't fit you.

1. I do(did) pretty good in some sports. Especially those that require strength, speed and feeling/intuition. Guess that compensates for poor balance and zero rythm.

2. I suck academically. I suspect that the universities way of thinking doesn't correlate well with the INFJ's, but they seem to do well anyway. I barely got through. Big blindspot for me.

3. I'm the messiest person I personally know. I know exactly where my stuff is though.

4. 95% of the time I don't come across as "elegant", well dressed or neat in any way, unless I want to. Zero effort in everyday life, 3-4 hours or more effort on special occasions.

5. I'm not into fictional books, art or music.

6. Ive heard I come across as warm, social and interested. (If Im low on energy, I'll be wiredly avoidant)

7. I don't believe in spiritual or supernatural explanations

Interesting. I only stare in two occasions: (1) an angry glare to (hopefully) drive someone away when being bothered (2) When I'm having a real connection with the other. I guess the enneagram has something to do with this? I highly value privacy and I'd think others would value theirs, so I don't try to know any "secrets" unless they let me. Despite this attempt, I still often know them anyway, and feel guilty about discovering them without their consent. Since I haven't had a real conversation with another INFJs irl, my question is: is it okay to know? Have you suffered from the guilt of knowing too much about others?

:smiley::smiley::smiley: Cool to read this in words! This is with me every day. It's such a paradox because i value the information I pick up while watching or interacting with people so much, it's like my main source of everything that is important to know. At the same time, I really don't want to affect people's autonomy, but knowledge is power, and power gives me an upper hand I don't want - because with power comes responsibility ... that I don't want. And then, i imagining how it would make me feel if someone knew this thinst about me ... and how I would feel if someone thought they knew something about me that they only got from their gut feeling, that's possibly untrue... And so on.

I feel guilty for knowing and ashamed for thinking that I actually know.

That INFPs (Si) are messy and disorganized. My living area is very neat and tidy, also well-organized. I can't stand any mess or clutter. A minimalist. I only want to own things what have more meaning to me and it's own place in the home. It makes life so much more easier and relaxing in many ways. My dream is still to fit all my belongings in one suitcase someday. :D

That INFPs (Si) are messy and disorganized. My living area is very neat and tidy, also well-organized. I can't stand any mess or clutter. A minimalist. I only want to own things what have more meaning to me and it's own place in the home. It makes life so much more easier and relaxing in many ways. My dream is still to fit all my belongings in one suitcase someday. :D

I could literally have written that! It's uncanny how we feel the same way about aiming for minimalism. And I'm INFJ. ;)

I have quite a few INFP friends. Some of them are rather messy, but others are actually quite organized, like to plan things ahead, etc. :)

I could literally have written that! It's uncanny how we feel the same way about aiming for minimalism. And I'm INFJ. ;)

I have quite a few INFP friends. Some of them are rather messy, but others are actually quite organized, like to plan things ahead, etc. :)

Ahah, cool! Minimalism is the way to go. :thumbsup: It's awesome to have found a word for how I've always thought.

I see. :) People are different, of course. Even if being same mbti type.

Reactions: aeon, Wyote and Ren
Interesting. I only stare in two occasions: (1) an angry glare to (hopefully) drive someone away when being bothered (2) When I'm having a real connection with the other. I guess the enneagram has something to do with this? I highly value privacy and I'd think others would value theirs, so I don't try to know any "secrets" unless they let me. Despite this attempt, I still often know them anyway, and feel guilty about discovering them without their consent. Since I haven't had a real conversation with another INFJs irl, my question is: is it okay to know? Have you suffered from the guilt of knowing too much about others?

OK, there are three, four, five etc INFJ stares....:wink:

Angry stare - doesn't happen often -hence I forgot about this one. :grinning:
The connection stare is the one I mentioned ie when it's meaningful and I'm genuinely interested, intrigued etc

I should've provided further clarification regarding my "suspicious" stare - these are strictly reserved for people who know that I know that they know they are awful human beings (too long to go into but generally people who have intentionally treated others in the most despicable way...) so I don't ever feel guilty about staring them out. As for knowing other people's "secrets" - of course I agree, important to respect other people's privacy and generally I feel I can still have a conversation with them and be my authentic self without it being awkward or feeling guilty. At some point when the information does come out - it's at this point, I have a personal struggle with trying to keep it together without being too transparent. I normally gauge it by how well I know them, the rapport, how receptive they are, the type of conversation we're having and other variables.

Reactions: bonfire
Ahah, cool! Minimalism is the way to go. :thumbsup: It's awesome to have found a word for how I've always thought.

I see. :) People are different, of course. Even if being same mbti type.

Do you extend your commitment to minimalism to minimalist music? I personally do :)

Reactions: acd and Infjente
1. I do(did) pretty good in some sports. Especially those that require strength, speed and feeling/intuition. Guess that compensates for poor balance and zero rythm.

2. I suck academically. I suspect that the universities way of thinking doesn't correlate well with the INFJ's, but they seem to do well anyway. I barely got through. Big blindspot for me.

3. I'm the messiest person I personally know. I know exactly where my stuff is though.

4. 95% of the time I don't come across as "elegant", well dressed or neat in any way, unless I want to. Zero effort in everyday life, 3-4 hours or more effort on special occasions.

5. I'm not into fictional books, art or music.

6. Ive heard I come across as warm, social and interested. (If Im low on energy, I'll be wiredly avoidant)

7. I don't believe in spiritual or supernatural explanations

:smile: Great post! Personally I relate to almost all of your points. #1 I don't hate sports as long as it's casual. I played basketball solo and some basic gymnastics in high school, #2 I had phases when I'm good academically though, but some phases I was either too lazy to do home works or overthought home works (most teachers either thought I'm a smart & rebellious kid or a whackjob, lol) either way, I'm not always a straight laced student. #4 I don't get about INFJs being "elegant" either. I mean I can pull elegant style (and I like the style too) but most of the time I'd rather go with casual style. I don't really like to be treated as a ladylike girl or anything. #6 *nodding along* Especially when I'm depressed, I wouldn't even be able to put on my Fe mask. I looked like a walking zombie with dead face.

Reactions: Infjente

INFP's Si sounds like a compact and quaint lifestyle to me. I don't really understand Si, but in my mental image it looks like a small, private island. :blush: A perfect getaway.

intp her

I like sports and all sorts of Sensor things

Also I have a good sized weenie

are INTPs known to have small dicks?

pretty much all of them except for @infinite dreams and me

@ruji @Reason

have you seen their dicks? how? why? how can I get in on this?
so many questions

hahahhaha. appropriate response

giphy.gif

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Publicly accused of being an INTP.

I'm never late.

I'm horrible to live with.

I don't read much

I'm a techno-phobe

I fear surprises

I have deep control issues around my personal environment.

I like predictability

"Personally, INFJs find themselves as imaginative dreamers who pursue harmony and meaning on the basis of their own frames of reference - reveling in spontaneity and wonder. The type sees the world as an adventure, and will often take on a childlike innocence as they vividly look to the world. But, however childlike they may seem, they shouldn’t be taken as immature. In truth, they’re often deeply reflective and sensitive... many adopting this childlike wonder as a way to shield their inner sensitivity from the coarseness of the world."

According To Official INFJ Descriptions
This description, and ones similar to it in literature and online, is a typical way of describing INFJs. I don't see myself as a "dreamer", spontaneous, or having "childlike" innocence. I do a lot of planning and will brainstorm ideas - but most of them, I have the purpose of exploring what I can realistically apply to the real world or in my own life. This kind of "dreaming" is very much grounded in real world or even personal problems and experiences, and I'm not afraid of taking a creative(and admittedly sometimes "playful") approach to understanding them and reshaping my path towards tackling them. I don't feel innocent or childlike either - nor sensitive in the proverbial sense. I do feel though I have to put that on as a persona at times in order to not be outright rejected. I'm sensitive towards others most of the time because I have to be. I don't want to be the cause of unintentional harm or unnecessary conflict. But if I am unable to keep it up, I'm not easily described as "sensitive". I just want to get along and move about towards my goals/visions or towards death as smoothly and undeterred as possible - if that makes sense...

According To My Own Observations Whilst Interacting With INFJs
Most INFJs I've observed first hand, I notice, tend to be way more formal in presentation and much more cautious in their presentation of moral standards than I prefer. I see myself as way more open to exploration, risk-taking, and moral ambiguity than a lot of(but not all) INFJs I've observed. I feel much more openly approving of Introverted Intuition and Extraverted Sensing than a lot of INFJs I've personally encountered, who seem to be more in favor of everything to do with Extraverted Feeling and Introverted Thinking(which often interpreted as a function of "growth" within the community). For me the ends justify the means more often than not.

Last edited: