Things about your type that don't fit you. | INFJ Forum

Things about your type that don't fit you.

Discussion in 'Psychology and MBTI' started by Soulful, Aug 29, 2012.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 11 users.
More threads by Soulful
  1. Soulful

Soulful life is good

Threads:
    MBTI:
    I saw this on PC, and think it might be interesting to discuss things about our types that aren't descriptive of us on an individual level.

Please be sure to include your type with the message.

2. Billy

Billy Contents Under Pressure
    Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    infj
    Enneagram:
    THat all INFJ dudes are meek, sissy pants who sit around brooding about flowers and shit all day. I disagree. I see INFJs as crusaders, not hippies.

Hostarius likes this.
  3. Cornerstone

Cornerstone Well-known member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    Pisces
    Enneagram:
    Metal Goat
    Next year in Jerusalem!

:m140:

I agree to a point, though. I do hold hippiesque values but not as absolutes. Rather because I believe that we as a species are reaching a make-or-break point that will only be overcome by co-operation. Violence DID work in the past and it was necessary to get us to where we are but where we are is like the eye of the hurricane and we will not survive very long without a radical change in our way of life. I speak about the First World because that is all I really know and we are the only ones in a position to make a meaningful change.

How to convince people that the fate of the species is as important as their individual comfort and security...I am not sure. But I see us as a whole unit and one that has accomplished many amazing things. One that I think it would be such a shame to see fall at what appears to me to be the final fence.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Billy

Billy Contents Under Pressure
    Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    infj
    Enneagram:
    By crusaders of course I mean, people who live for causes. Not specifically the crusades. I always need a cause or a role to fill, or some purpose to achieve. This makes me stronger than most who sit around and cry about how hard things are.

Hostarius, Infjente and 5r6jhd like this.
  5. OP
    Soulful

Soulful life is good

Threads:
    MBTI:
    I'm pretty grounded for an INFJ.

6. Sriracha

Sriracha Not here.
    Banned

Threads:
    MBTI:
    ISFJ
    This why I come up with IxFJ. I'm a organizing guru, but yet I can take criticism (ISFJ).

7. jyrffw54

jyrffw54 שכינה עוֹלֶה

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    I'm on the warm side for an INFJ, even towards strangers.

Also what [MENTION=1451]Billy[/MENTION] said about crusading STRONGLY resonated with me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Paladin-X

Paladin-X Permanent Fixture

Threads:
    MBTI:
    XXXX
    This may seem like a silly question, but which source's description are we basing this on? I just want to know which description to criticize.

Otherwise, the official profile as outlined by the MBTI itself summarizes the INFJ as

"Seek meaning and connection in ideas, relationships, and material possessions. Want to understand what motivates people and are insightful about others. Conscientious and committed to their firm values. Develop a clear vision about how best to serve the common good. Organized and decisive in implementing their vision."

^ This meaning can be applied to the crusader or the flower hippy or any other given INFJ driven personality.

The fluff that we see on other unofficial sites are based on either someone's idea of what sounds good, or observed tendencies of a given type.

I definitely agree with Billy about 'crusading'. Hence the Paladin username that I've been using forever. I am always standing up for others. Although I am becoming more hippyish I suppose. But it is new to me.

#8 Paladin-X, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  9. OP
    Soulful

Soulful life is good

Threads:
    MBTI:
    [MENTION=5437]Paladin-X[/MENTION], good question! I suppose any source you have encountered.

I think INFJs are described as being crusaders, no? Something about being both dreamers and doers, and seeking justice while fighting for the underdog?

10. Paladin-X

Paladin-X Permanent Fixture

Threads:
    MBTI:
    XXXX
    The whole NF temperament is like that, really.

11. Tin Man

Tin Man "a respectable amount of screaming"

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    Enneagram:
    N
    One thing you always read about INTJs is how driven we are. I am pretty much the opposite in the regard, outside of the workplace that is.

12. Gaze

Gaze My word . . . hmm
    Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    I've never identified with the flower child personality associated with the INFP. Yes, I do have the idealism but I'm not that INFPish in my thought processes. This is often the reason why I'm confused about what the MBTI actually tests. I keep wondering if it's testing learned behavior which is internalized and feels natural or whether it can truly test actual thought patterns and natural preferences. My inner and outer world rarely align. What I say, do, or think can be quite contrary. So, not sure how this fits or doesn't fit.

#12 Gaze, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  13. Annabreher

Annabreher Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INxJ
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    I think I am more realistic and less emotional than most INFJs. Which is why I consider myself to be between the INTJ/INFJ.

-Anna

14. Untitled

Untitled Guest

I think I have a bit of a harder edge and am quite confrontational, and maybe a bit pushy at times. I use the first person a lot...( starting to get concerned about being a closet narcissist...).
    I've gotten

:suspicious:
    :violin:

It's a great big stereotype-balooza on some MBTI forums. ...finding arguments like these:
    ...now if it were the "real world" and someone were to come and tell me that kind of nonsense to my face...
    :croc:
    I would haul their remains to my Dolphin Cove...

...then again, maybe I'm
    which is
    and in a
    ...beware....
    :mlight:

I would say if I hadn't taken the time to figure out the functions and went by general forum stereotypes alone I would think I'm an INFP, an INTJ or something...

Hostarius likes this.
  15. Chess

Chess Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    I'm in a tech field, I work on creative pursuits rarely and could take or leave them, I'm fierce with my banter, and I hate all things New Age with a passion.

16. Nixie

Nixie Resurrected

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ENTP
    ENTPs are less inclined to make plans and make decisions---I love to plan and make decisions all the time

ENTPs rarely follow through---If it is important, I follow through....if I don't like it, I procrastinate but follow through in my own sweet time....if I disagree, I throw up roadblocks or refuse to comply unless forced

ENTPs can seem unethical by using laws/regulations to their benefit(or others) in legal situations---umm okay, guilty Why make rules if you don't want to follow them and it is the lawmakers fault if they make crappy laws with obvious errors in them that can be used...

17. ImpureHedonism

ImpureHedonism Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    Probably 5w4 or 5w6
    What does "emotional" mean exactly? In my estimation, feeling is a matter of judging ideals and values, in contrast to judging consequences. Both are matters of judging, and judging is a kind of deliberation and thinking.

As for myself, well, it seems I strongly identify with INFJ, so it's tough to say what doesn't fit. I only see there being healthy ways of living out a personality, and unhealthy ways. But it seems that many want to say, on the descriptions I've seen, that INFJs like to follow what others want to make them happy. I've seen Fi described as being internally driven and not leaning to following the crowd, while Fe is the opposite. But that still makes no sense; does any other INFJ here try to put the values of others before themselves? I don't.

18. Majesty

Threads:
    MBTI:
    ENTP
    I use more smilies than the average ENTP :D :)

hush and Nixie like this.
  19. Sloe Djinn

Sloe Djinn Idiot with Internet Access.

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    SOCMOB
    Enneagram:
    Moments of creative/artistic inspiration are rare.

20. niffer

niffer Well-known member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ESTP
    I'm careful to be as pragmatic as possible.