Things about your type that don't fit you. | INFJ Forum

Things about your type that don't fit you.

Soulful

life is good
Nov 18, 2008
MBTI
I saw this on PC, and think it might be interesting to discuss things about our types that aren't descriptive of us on an individual level.

Please be sure to include your type with the message.

THat all INFJ dudes are meek, sissy pants who sit around brooding about flowers and shit all day. I disagree. I see INFJs as crusaders, not hippies.

I see INFJs as crusaders, not hippies.

Next year in Jerusalem!

:m140:

I agree to a point, though. I do hold hippiesque values but not as absolutes. Rather because I believe that we as a species are reaching a make-or-break point that will only be overcome by co-operation. Violence DID work in the past and it was necessary to get us to where we are but where we are is like the eye of the hurricane and we will not survive very long without a radical change in our way of life. I speak about the First World because that is all I really know and we are the only ones in a position to make a meaningful change.

How to convince people that the fate of the species is as important as their individual comfort and security...I am not sure. But I see us as a whole unit and one that has accomplished many amazing things. One that I think it would be such a shame to see fall at what appears to me to be the final fence.

Next year in Jerusalem!

:m140:

I agree to a point, though. I do hold hippiesque values but not as absolutes. Rather because I believe that we as a species are reaching a make-or-break point that will only be overcome by co-operation. Violence DID work in the past and it was necessary to get us to where we are but where we are is like the eye of the hurricane and we will not survive very long without a radical change in our way of life. I speak about the First World because that is all I really know and we are the only ones in a position to make a meaningful change.

How to convince people that the fate of the species is as important as their individual comfort and security...I am not sure. But I see us as a whole unit and one that has accomplished many amazing things. One that I think it would be such a shame to see fall at what appears to me to be the final fence.

By crusaders of course I mean, people who live for causes. Not specifically the crusades. I always need a cause or a role to fill, or some purpose to achieve. This makes me stronger than most who sit around and cry about how hard things are.

This why I come up with IxFJ. I'm a organizing guru, but yet I can take criticism (ISFJ).

I'm on the warm side for an INFJ, even towards strangers.

Also what [MENTION=1451]Billy[/MENTION] said about crusading STRONGLY resonated with me.

This may seem like a silly question, but which source's description are we basing this on? I just want to know which description to criticize.

Otherwise, the official profile as outlined by the MBTI itself summarizes the INFJ as

"Seek meaning and connection in ideas, relationships, and material possessions. Want to understand what motivates people and are insightful about others. Conscientious and committed to their firm values. Develop a clear vision about how best to serve the common good. Organized and decisive in implementing their vision."

^ This meaning can be applied to the crusader or the flower hippy or any other given INFJ driven personality.

The fluff that we see on other unofficial sites are based on either someone's idea of what sounds good, or observed tendencies of a given type.

I definitely agree with Billy about 'crusading'. Hence the Paladin username that I've been using forever. I am always standing up for others. Although I am becoming more hippyish I suppose. But it is new to me.

Last edited:
[MENTION=5437]Paladin-X[/MENTION], good question! I suppose any source you have encountered.

I think INFJs are described as being crusaders, no? Something about being both dreamers and doers, and seeking justice while fighting for the underdog?

[MENTION=5437]Paladin-X[/MENTION], good question! I suppose any source you have encountered.

I think INFJs are described as being crusaders, no? Something about being both dreamers and doers, and seeking justice while fighting for the underdog?

The whole NF temperament is like that, really.

One thing you always read about INTJs is how driven we are. I am pretty much the opposite in the regard, outside of the workplace that is.

I've never identified with the flower child personality associated with the INFP. Yes, I do have the idealism but I'm not that INFPish in my thought processes. This is often the reason why I'm confused about what the MBTI actually tests. I keep wondering if it's testing learned behavior which is internalized and feels natural or whether it can truly test actual thought patterns and natural preferences. My inner and outer world rarely align. What I say, do, or think can be quite contrary. So, not sure how this fits or doesn't fit.

Last edited:
I think I am more realistic and less emotional than most INFJs. Which is why I consider myself to be between the INTJ/INFJ.

-Anna

I think I have a bit of a harder edge and am quite confrontational, and maybe a bit pushy at times. I use the first person a lot...( starting to get concerned about being a closet narcissist...).
I've gotten

:suspicious:
"I thought INFJs were always nice"
"INFJs are not as argumentative as you".
:violin:
"Are you sure you are an INFJ???"

It's a great big stereotype-balooza on some MBTI forums. ...finding arguments like these:
"Ni makes INFJs oblivious to reality...They can't see what's real and are just irrational because they are not seeing reality because they have very little Se"
" Your thinking is not objective because your feelings distort it, so your argument is invalid"
Jung said INFJs are the most useless type
INFJs are people pleasers who cannot stand up to people.

...now if it were the "real world" and someone were to come and tell me that kind of nonsense to my face...
:croc:
I would haul their remains to my Dolphin Cove...

...then again, maybe I'm
being decisive and stubborn
which is
not being true to the INFJ nature, which is very unbecoming
and in a
shadow ESTP mode
...beware....
:mlight:

I would say if I hadn't taken the time to figure out the functions and went by general forum stereotypes alone I would think I'm an INFP, an INTJ or something...

I'm in a tech field, I work on creative pursuits rarely and could take or leave them, I'm fierce with my banter, and I hate all things New Age with a passion.

ENTPs are less inclined to make plans and make decisions---I love to plan and make decisions all the time

ENTPs rarely follow through---If it is important, I follow through....if I don't like it, I procrastinate but follow through in my own sweet time....if I disagree, I throw up roadblocks or refuse to comply unless forced

ENTPs can seem unethical by using laws/regulations to their benefit(or others) in legal situations---umm okay, guilty Why make rules if you don't want to follow them and it is the lawmakers fault if they make crappy laws with obvious errors in them that can be used...

I think I am more realistic and less emotional than most INFJs. Which is why I consider myself to be between the INTJ/INFJ.

-Anna

What does "emotional" mean exactly? In my estimation, feeling is a matter of judging ideals and values, in contrast to judging consequences. Both are matters of judging, and judging is a kind of deliberation and thinking.

As for myself, well, it seems I strongly identify with INFJ, so it's tough to say what doesn't fit. I only see there being healthy ways of living out a personality, and unhealthy ways. But it seems that many want to say, on the descriptions I've seen, that INFJs like to follow what others want to make them happy. I've seen Fi described as being internally driven and not leaning to following the crowd, while Fe is the opposite. But that still makes no sense; does any other INFJ here try to put the values of others before themselves? I don't.

Moments of creative/artistic inspiration are rare.