The Psychic Thread | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

The Psychic Thread

I've never actually noticed that very much, regarding clarifiers. I'm still at that "look the cards up in the book guide" stage, as I prefer to learn the "traditional" meanings before just "winging it" so to speak. Although once I know the traditional meaning from the book, I can then usually pretty quickly figure out how to interpret that into my particular circumstances. I practiced on a friend recently, and she said I was pretty spot on.

Feel free to send me a reading anytime :)

Sure! I feel like I should get in tinychat and do readings for everyone LOL

Good for you, Keep practicing!!! Have you ever tried to do one card a day for a week? It's a great way to learn tarot and reflect upon the meanings. Then after a certain point, you'll probably know them so easily that it'll be a piece of cake to read them altogether :p

I once had a dream that was of such insight and significance that I consider it to be visionary.

Though I don't think it a worthwhile attempt to try to convey that experience due to it's personal (not private) nature. I could describe it and attempt to explain why it was insightful and significant, but it would largely only be significant and meaningful to me and the details would be left lifeless and uninteresting. All the elements of the dream combined in such a way as to be more than the sum of their parts so to speak and caused me to awaken in a complete state of awe.

awe [aw] noun, verb, awed, aw

I concur if he feels willing.

He might just be making fun of us for believing in all this stuff. :/

I am NF; I can't help it.

I love all this supernatural stuff. I want more people to post >_<

Anyone been abducted by aliens?

He might just be making fun of us for believing in all this stuff. :/

I am NF; I can't help it.

It's possible, but it feels like it lacks his level of wittiness if that were the case. As far as humor goes, it seems a little too bland.

Great stories everyone. Keep 'em coming!

I'm gonna share another, since it had another chapter added to it just last weekend.

When I was younger and in the middle of spiritual journeying, I learned about Taoism. I practiced practical Taoism (Tai Chi, Chi Gong) and I studied Philisophical Taoism. I knew there was a third leg of Religious Taoism that I was very ignorant of.

One day on my birthday I decided to drive up to the mountains. As I approached the freeway exit for a particular street, I remembered a news artical I had read about a Taoist temple built on this street. So I detoured to find it.

I got to the general vicinity, and drove up and down the street seven times without spotting it. Frustrated, I pulled to the side of the road to consider what to do. Across the street, I saw the doors to a great building open and a Chinese man in a suit come out. I looked at the name "Kuan Ming Saint Tao" and thought "Hmmm. Saint. Probably Catholic. But if he's really Chinese there is a good chance he will at least know where the Taoist temple IS." So I got out of my car and crossed the road.

I said, "Excuse me, but I read there is a Taoist temple in the area. Do you by chance know where it is?" He looked taken aback and said, "What???" So I repeated my question a little more slowly (in case English was the problem). He laughed and said, "Well you looked, and have found it." My turn to say "What???" He said, "You're here."

He and I had an instant rapport that I've never felt for anyone else. It was as if I'd always known him. It was never a romantic or sexual thing. It felt like he was my brother, or son, or father, like we were just two little kids on the playground. Our friendship was so deep that everyone at that temple considered it remarkable. When he died many years later, they paid my airfare and put me up in NYC so that I could attend the funeral.

Now, here is the final chapter that I just learned last weekend.

He wasn't really even supposed to be there. He had grown up in Hong Kong and moved to NYC where he felt at home. The week before we met, his spiritual advisor TOLD him he needed to go to California "because a Great Affinity is waiting for you there."

Dut Dut DAAAHHHH!

Reactions: 1 person
Has anyone here ever witness something paranormal?

I really love all this stuff. Some of the stories give me goosebumps, though. I really wish that something had happened to me, but all I have are second-hand stories-- from my mom and other family members.

I do have one, and it happened just a few weeks ago, but it's not all that great. I was the park with my friend, and we were just hanging out. I suddenly look up in the sky and see this huge, slow-moving, shining object. I saw a few planes go by at the same time, and the planes were little blinking dots whereas this UFO was this floating orb of light. It stayed in the sky the whole time were at the park, and it was moving closer and closer to us the whole time. Of course, my mind jumped to extra-terrestrial beings right away, but there could have been a logical explanation. I just really want to believe in all this stuff. It fascinates me.

...this floating orb of light. It stayed in the sky the whole time were at the park, and it was moving closer and closer to us the whole time. Of course, my mind jumped to extra-terrestrial beings right away, but there could have been a logical explanation...

I saw something like that once, It was maybe about 10 years ago. I was in my car alone at the time so I couldn't ask if anyone else saw it or not. It was really big, and really obvious, it looked like a big roundish or teardrop-shaped bright reflection (like you couldn't see the object itself, but you could certainly see the light it gave off) -- it was in broad daylight, too, much brighter than the sunlight -- and it stayed up in the air looking like it was maybe 20 feet above the road for a good long while -- not just an instant. Then it disappeared. I still don't know what that was or even who to ask about it, (who DO you ask about big glowy things?) and it was close to a local airport so I thought maybe it was one of those weather baloon things.

Did not get abducted, however, fortunately. I guess they didn't want me. Effing go impregnate someone else, stupid aliens. :D

And I thought I saw ghosts once, two of them -- they were young teens/tweens, a boy and a girl, at a graveyard, and they looked just as real as anyone, they did not look at all like ghosts, the only thing that made me think they were ghosts is that they disappeared. I even went and looked to see if there was a hole in the ground they could have jumped in. I looked around and couldn't find them or figure out how they disappeared that quickly. They couldn't have run off. I still haven't figured that one out. Scared the crap out of me too! :)

[MENTION=4717]subwayrider[/MENTION] wanted to hear about the haunted house I grew up in. So here's something i wrote about 6 months ago on a paranormal forum. it's about a shadow man in a top hat that is a spirit that apparently people "see." I was pretty much blown away when I found this out because I thought I was the only one.

When I was a child, I was taking an afternoon nap in my parent

Reactions: Stu
^^^ Sensiko, that was a good story, gave me goosebumps.

I do believe there are houses/places that are either good or bad, and come hell or high water, there is no way I would ever move into a house that I felt was "bad". People have gotten mad at me for this, but I don't care, there is something about certain places that just isn't right. And I can tell when houses are okay. However, I have never seen any kind of man like you describe or any shadowy things, its just whether a place feels happy or not.

I do like graveyards and old houses very much and do not necessarily think that proximity to a graveyard is a bad thing.

We have snakes come to visit us sometimes where I live; there is a certain particular kind of snake that does that, and whenever that happens, a big transition is happening.

Reactions: Sensiko
I'm more of a skeptic than anything else, but I leave room for doubt/possibilities. I recently had an unusual occurrence, a friend and I were riding a couple jet-ski's over in North Carolina. Going out I felt as if something was wrong, but I didn't really have an explanation at the time. Our plan was to ride out into the ocean from the inlet near the house, about a fifteen minute ride (give or take). I stopped short as we were getting ready to move into more rapid/rough water as the inlet opened up - the engine light went on soon after, and smoke started pumping out. Next thing I know the thing is taking on water and the engine is unresponsive... and if that wasn't enough there's a current taking us out. We forgot tow-ropes (duh!), but luckily we didn't end up losing it (the Jet Ski); we were able to push it to a nearby dock by using the nose of the other Jet Ski and locking arms while slowly accelerating. The rest of the story is irrelevant (but we did get it up and out of the water/fixed), but I was a bit surprised by the bad "feeling in my gut" - which resulted in the decision to not follow my friend and leave the inlet.

Anyway, lots of interesting/cool stories here. I'd really like to see a ghost one day; it be nice to let go of some of that skepticism.

I spent the night at a friends house with a few other friends back in high school. I slept on the living room floor facing the staircase to go downstairs. I was sleeping and all of a sudden woke up from a dead sleep, opened my eyes and I was making eye contact with a little boy. He slowly faded after a few seconds.
I told my friend the next day, and come to find out she actually had her nephews ashes downstairs. He was really young when he died. Maybe 5 or 6 years old.

Another time - this happened a little over a year ago- I was working in a nursing home in the kitchen doing dishes. I was the only one awake, all the residents were in bed. I seen a coffee cup across the room so I went to get it so I could wash it. On my way I heard a friendly womans voice say "hello." At first I didn't think anything of it because I thought maybe someone had come into the building. but then I realised no one came into he building because the alarm would of went off. My heart then starting pounding and I ran upstairs to the other workers. When I told one of the girls that I thought I heard someone but no one was there, she had an amazed but scared look on her face. I said "what? what do you know" she said she sometimes felt like she wasn't the only one down there when she worked downstairs. She said she always felt like someone was watching her. VERY SPOOKY!

Another time- It was 3am and my son started crying in his crib for his feeding (he was about 2 or 3 months at the time) so I got up and stood over his crib putting his soother in his mouth to hold him until I got his bottle warmed up. As I was doing that, I heard a mans voice yell my name. "SHEENA!"
I jumped and said "what!" (It scared me it was that loud) I thought maybe someone was in the window but no one was there. I grabbed my son and immediately went out to the kitchen. I was very freightened.

Occasionally...when I am in a really good mood, I mean like very excited and happy (rare) things tend to fly off of shelves....don't know if it's me or ghosts....but I never believed that these types of things would be present in my life until it began...maybe once a year or so it happens...go figure.

Well, I have one experience with something, and then, others.

When I was around 6 or 7, I was asked to do a task by my dad. It was around 5 in the afternoon, summer-time. As I was going home, and looking down counting something, a woman approached me. I didn't much bother to look at her, because I was still counting and I'd lose my progress if I look up. Since I was looking down though, I saw that she had on a long, white dress. She asked me what I was doing, and I answered that I was counting something. She said, 'I see.' A few seconds later, when I finished counting, I looked up to ask her the same when to my surprise, no one was there. I thought at first someone was playing a prank on me, but eerily enough, the entire surrounding was quiet. No one, at around 10 metres or more, was around at all.

That terrified me then. I'd like to encounter that again though. It would be somewhat interesting.

Moreover, I do dream of death and dead people frequently. There was one time that I dreamed of seeing a coffin, and later that day, my dad told me that someone we both knew died.
Then there was a time when I dreamed of looking at my uncle's face inside the coffin. He died just a few days later.
There were many more, but these are the ones on top of my head.

Hm. Also, I would always dream of a certain someone's return days or weeks before it would occur. It's really all terribly fascinating.

I've had several myself, especially when I was young.

I guess I'll start off from birth and work my way to present day.

When I was 2 years old, my aunt died of breast cancer; I never really knew her but from what I could tell she was a very funny and lively woman. After her passing, I remember talking to her up until age 6 and she would tell me things and I would tell my parents and they'd be surprised at the accuracy of what I'd told them.

When my mom and I went to visit my aunt in the cemetery I was wandering off (again, very young) and I picked up a flag from a headstone. I ran over to my mom scared and she asked me what was the matter and I told her the man over there yelled at me. There was no one there. I remember what he looked like too...older, in his late 60's early 70's, gray hair and mustache; wearing what I presume he was buried in.

Then I had an outer body experience around age 18 where I was a heavily devout Christian (oh how things have changed) where I was laying in bed and all of a sudden I felt my spirit self rise out of my body. It was too real to be a dream and I remember feeling as though I were being lifted in a light (like the kind aliens abduct you in) and when I got scared I started lowering down; I missed my body and my spirit collapsed behind my bed and somehow I snapped back into my body and heard voices calling my name. I thought it was my dad but he was downstairs sleeping.

Last March, my grandfather passed away and when I went to sleep the day he passed away, I heard a kind of angelic singing that put me to sleep. My grandfather had a stroke from Alzheimer's and it lead to his death. I wasn't able to communicate with him first hand but I knew he was going to be okay...something in my gut had told me that he will be at peace whether there is a heaven or not but I knew that he was ready to go. Surprising enough, being the emotional person I am, I was the one who cried least at his wake/funeral but when I cried it was because of the emotion everyone else was feeling.

Reactions: jyrffw54
Thank you for sharing all these experiences everyone. Its made me feel a lot better and so much more normal and less crazy.

I've had too many weird experiences to recount all them. I've only shared some of these experiences with four people in my life that I have been extremely close with. At times I have questioned my sanity and I still don't really understand the things that have happened.

I was a very strange little kid. I had these imaginary friends that would visit me when I was very young. I don't know when it started but it stopped when I was about 5 or 6. They were a band of men, maybe 8 of them. I thought that they were warriors of some kind but they also carried different musical instruments with them. They seemed to know me and didn't wish me any harm. I don't remember what we spoke about but I remember being confused and annoyed by some of the stuff they said. Sometimes I had dreams where I would go to different places with them. When I first told my parents about them they just ignored it but then they heard me talking to these friends and they freaked out. I started doing other weird thing as well that my parents told me about but I don't remember, like telling my parents if someone was good or bad and describing some people as colours.

My parents were devout Christians and they were pretty disturbed and frightened, which in turn made me very frightened and confused. They started praying for me a lot. One of their friends that knew about all this thought that I may have had a demon and should be exorcised. My parents didn't know whether it was through God or Satan that I was having these experiences so they begged me to do everything I could to stop them. And I tried and mostly succeeded. I never said anything about these experiences any more and when they happened I would just start praying and repeating my favourite Bible verses and ignore everything else.

All was fine for a while until I was 7 or 8. I was sitting on a train with my mum when I started seeing all these colourful little strings everywhere- like bits of crepe paper. It was absolutely beautiful. And then I realised that my mum and no one on the train could see it and I totally freaked out. I started screaming and kept rubbing my eyes and praying until they disappeared. My mum was mortified and everyone was staring, it was pretty bad.

From then on things got worse but I got better at ignoring and hiding them. I had weird dreams all the time, 2 outer body experiences, premonitions, felt 'ghosts', and sometimes I would just know random bits of information about people and things that happened. Some of these experiences were pleasant and others were terrifying. This was all very confusing as I didn't know how this all fit with my religion and I started questioning my sanity as well.

By the time I was 15 I had read the Bible 3 times all they way through and had spent a lot of time studying it. Although I still prayed all the time and loved everything Jesus said, I was having serious doubts about the rest of the book There were too many unanswered questions and a lot of things that didn't make sense. I started fasting and praying, trying to seek some answers. I desperately begged God and Jesus to give me a sign. When nothing happened I begged anyone to appear, I just wanted an answer. The weirdest thing happened, I felt like I was being crushed and then I felt completely weightless. I heard/felt this voice that was neither male or female that told me to be calm and to remember. It told me that I already had the answers I was seeking and all I needed to do was remember. I did feel very calm for ages after that, albeit still confused.

My mum and I started having some of the same dreams when I was about 7. We would always be holding hands and there would be a tidal wave. We were either running away form the tidal wave, watching it from afar, or we would be walking together in these flooded streets that I didn't recognise. My mum and I always had a strong link. At times it felt like we could 'feel' each other, even when there was 700km between us. I had these awful nightmare for abut 6 months that I was going to die from a brain tumour soon and there was nothing I could do about it. When mum was diagnosed with a brain tumour I was filled with dread. On the morning she finally passed away I had the tidal wave dream again except this time the tidal wave hit us directly and she let go of my hand. I woke up straight away and ran to her bed. She died 10 minutes later.

I had a really bad incident when I was 16 and nearly died as a result of blood loss. All I remember now from when I lost consiousness is that I was feeling so relaxed and happy but someone was telling me I had to wake up immediately. I opened my eyes and I was laying in a pool of blood, unable to move or scream. There was no one in the room with me. I felt terrified and helpless and then I felt this reassuring presence and this little spark of energy rolling through me and I got my voice back. I was able to scream for help and someone got me in an ambulance asap.

I had a strange 'channelling' experience once when I was driving interstate with my boyfriend at the time. His mum had passed away a month ago after a long struggle with breast cancer and we were returning home after a short break. We were going 100 km an hour on the highway, talking away, when I started getting this feeling of being watched. I turned around really slowly and I saw his mum sitting in the back seat. I told him to look in the rear vision mirror and tell me if he could see anything. He asked me if his mum was sitting there. I totally freaked out and my heart was beating like crazy. But then I started experiencing these strong feelings of love and calm. The streetlights started turning into hearts and I told him to turn on the radio to a particular channel. We briefly heard the announcer say something about 'missing your loved ones' and then her favourite song came on. I started speaking to my boyfriend except I have no idea what I was saying. All I could feel is different emotions, love, sadness, a kind of longing. And then as the song ended it was all over. At some point we had stopped the car so I stumbled out on the side of the road and threw up. I felt like I had been intruded on and violated in a way, like I had been used. It was very confusing and I couldn't stop shaking. I didn't really remember what had happened.
Maybe a month later I had a very vivid dream about his mum. She was wearing a white dress and had flowers woven in her hair. She was young and beautiful. We were drinking tea together in a beautiful room full of windows looking out into a garden. She told me that her son and I needed to go see her husband asap because he was feeling very isolated and really needed help but didn't know how to ask for it. It felt very real, like we were sitting there soul to soul.
The next day we went to see my boyfriend's father and he started crying as soon as he saw us. He had found an old picture of her that he had lost where she looked the same in my dream. My boyfriend ended up moving in with him for a while because he was so distraught.

I stopped fearing these experiences about 3 years ago and now I try to embrace them. Since then all my experiences have been positive and helpful. I still don't understand these experiences but I have some theories. I would love to hear other peoples theories as well.

Reactions: Blackmountainside
I had a premonition last year about huge, terrifying plumes that were red and yellow. Very scary stuff. I also saw tsunamis and an oil platform. I thought this was all happening in the Gulf, but no. The oil platform burned in the gulf, the tsunami was in Japan and the plumes? There was only one and it was about ten mile from my home: The San Bruno gas explosion:

13129634_BG2.jpg

The flames reached a thousand feet. It was horrible and I experienced it in the premonition about two months before it happened.