The Psychic Thread | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

The Psychic Thread

Keeeeeeep 'em comin', folks. Great thread submissions. Time for my next story, real, as always.

I went to Westmont Collage my first year after highschool. It's basically an old, old estate in the back hills of Montecito (think Santa Barbara, but up the mountains). It's very green and foresty and has tons of stone walkways and bridges. There is one path, stretching from the Cafeteria down to my dormroom in Armington Hall, that is very steeply stepped in stone, just before it crosses the creek. One day I was in my "I'm already late, so run!" moods. Near the bottom of the stairs, I lost my footing, and I kind of saw that I was like gonna break every bone in my body. Thankfully, someone behind me grabbed my shoulder just enough that I got my balance again. I turned around to thank them, but there was no one there...

I had a premonition two months before the gas line blast in San Bruno, Ca. A few miles from my home. I didn't know what to make of the premonition at the time, huge plume of red and yellow, but there was no mistaking it later. The flames shot a thousand feet into the air.

Some people scoff at what they do not understand; others, make fun of that they do not understand. Talking about these things basically gets people to think all kinds of things. Experiencing things we do not understand, on the other hand, and having to live with them can be somewhat testing. Tis strange I pay this thread no attention at all until today when it shows at the top as the last post in the subject. It was actually on my mind as I came here tonight.

I actually steer clear of the use of the word "psychic" if at all possible, yet have had strangers come up to me and speak of it. Doesn't happen very often, mind you, but it happens and it happened today which is why it was on my mind.

A kind lady asked about the trademark on my hat. I removed the hat to make sure I had the one on I was thinking I had on and explained the trademark to her. As I was preparing to place the hat back on my head, I "heard" in my mind her asking about my ring. When I was removing my hand from my hat, she asked a question regarding my ring. I knew she was going to ask that. I explained what the ring meant to me rather than what most people's thoughts are regarding it.
I showed her another piece of jewelry that belonged to a loved one that sort of goes with the ring in a kind of way. She told me how much more important the ring and the other was now that she knew their true meanings to me.

Then, she told me psychics sometimes hold something that belongs to someone when speaking psychic thoughts about them. I thought to myself, "Some people have a gift and do not need to hold something to speak about them." The next second or two, she said, "Some people do not really need to hold onto something to be psychic." It was almost like the two of us were talking to each other on two different dimensions or planes of thought. Came here tonight to try and figure out how to share this, and here it is. Wish I could have talked with her more or could talk with her again in the future to see if it happened again or happens again.

Being married and respecting my wife, I felt it wrong to ask as I am old-fashioned. That is just one very small thing in my life, though big as life today and quite exciting. Very interesting.

Reactions: endersgone
yesterday late afternoon i went to the grocery store to buy some fruit and vegetables. i was feeling very alive from my day; i had spent it alone and was immersed in the heaviness from my mood. at the entrance a blonde girl in her ~ mid twenties looked at me. i am highly accustomed to people's body language and stares. i feel arrogant to say, but i absorb people's moods/feelings/intentions/motivations very easily. it's innate; not something i strive for. i'm usually very inconspicuous about it, too.
i rarely notice other people 'seeing' me, however. my feelings/ state of being are hidden very deep within.
but this girl, she looked with intention and purpose. and she looked in. i reciprocated. i let myself show her more of me. i looked in her eyes, with my real eyes, and the feeling was very charged. we both looked away, mostly out of embarrassment i think. i grabbed a basket and made my way to the back of the store. after a couple seconds i looked back for her, and she had turned back towards me as well - this time attempting to observe me anonymously, from afar. then she turned away to break the stare.
i went to bed last night thinking about her, and seriously, i felt like my hands were on fire./ it was so good.

Reactions: Stu
I have a variety of experiences. Dreams that come true, visions and sensing that something is going to happen, feeling the emotions of people that have passed away, feeling repressed emotions of people that are alive. I have never tried to "control" these. Meaning make them happen when I want to use them or make them go away when they are interfering with my life. They just randomly happen. It hasn't been until the last few years that I have started examining these experiences; what they are, what to do with them, etc.. I've lived with them my entire life. I have mixed feelings about these experiences; sometimes I use them to help me, other times it's a real drag.

This was Saturday. I was just in my room, relaxing and on the computer when I saw a flash of green light; It was a little boy about 7 years old. I recognized him immediately as the neighbor who had passed away a few years ago. He asked me if I had seen his mother, and I told him that she had passed on to the other side and he went off into the night.

Also that afternoon, as I was practicing Reiki on a woman, when I got to her heart Chakra, I felt this cool rush of overflowing energy, like water. I processed that as her being a Cancer. I also saw flashes of her husband who had passed away years ago, and she was still working through it and had a lot of repressed emotions that needed to be dealt with...that fierce protective nurture she has towards those she loves.

Reactions: #@&5&49
This was Saturday. I was just in my room, relaxing and on the computer when I saw a flash of green light; It was a little boy about 7 years old. I recognized him immediately as the neighbor who had passed away a few years ago. He asked me if I had seen his mother, and I told him that she had passed on to the other side and he went off into the night.

Also that afternoon, as I was practicing Reiki on a woman, when I got to her heart Chakra, I felt this cool rush of overflowing energy, like water. I processed that as her being a Cancer. I also saw flashes of her husband who had passed away years ago, and she was still working through it and had a lot of repressed emotions that needed to be dealt with...that fierce protective nurture she has towards those she loves.

Hey [MENTION=2873]Serenity[/MENTION],

It takes some practice to make the distinction between someone else's repressed emotions and your own, and then to be able to separately process their emotions to boot. This stuff doesn't exactly follow "regular" boundaries nor come with a manual, which by the way would be helpful. I never really practiced any of this or devoted any amount of time exploring it. I just did it and I've been doing it for so long I thought it was natural, meaning I thought everyone did this. I was truly surprised to find out that they didn't!

A person has to develop a different set of boundaries when it comes to this stuff. At least that's what I'm figuring out. I mean who wants to feel everyone's emotions - it's draining for me and invasive for the other person/people involved. Unless of course they are coming to you for the purpose of this type of knowledge/healing. I never gave any of this much thought before because for a long time I was too busy healing myself to think about healing anyone else. But lately I've been wondering if I can do more with this than just use it as an intuitive guide for myself. Just a few thoughts.

Hey @Serenity ,

It takes some practice to make the distinction between someone else's repressed emotions and your own, and then to be able to separately process their emotions to boot. This stuff doesn't exactly follow "regular" boundaries nor come with a manual, which by the way would be helpful. I never really practiced any of this or devoted any amount of time exploring it. I just did it and I've been doing it for so long I thought it was natural, meaning I thought everyone did this. I was truly surprised to find out that they didn't!

A person has to develop a different set of boundaries when it comes to this stuff. At least that's what I'm figuring out. I mean who wants to feel everyone's emotions - it's draining for me and invasive for the other person/people involved. Unless of course they are coming to you for the purpose of this type of knowledge/healing. I never gave any of this much thought before because for a long time I was too busy healing myself to think about healing anyone else. But lately I've been wondering if I can do more with this than just use it as an intuitive guide for myself. Just a few thoughts.

Yes, it seems to come naturally to me as well, in this area, at least.
If you are into energy healing, I strongly recommend that you look into Reiki sometime. It's a truly wonderful experience, both for the subject and the empath. You aren't taking in their energies, but acting as a channel for it, and the energy that you give them is that of pure love, kindness, and healing; in fact, you are getting it too.

And you are right, you should be in a calm, centered state to channel this optimally.

Yes, it seems to come naturally to me as well, in this area, at least.
If you are into energy healing, I strongly recommend that you look into Reiki sometime. It's a truly wonderful experience, both for the subject and the empath. You aren't taking in their energies, but acting as a channel for it, and the energy that you give them is that of pure love, kindness, and healing; in fact, you are getting it too.

And you are right, you should be in a calm, centered state to channel this optimally.

I've met people who were into Reiki but never looked into it myself. When I was ill (cancer) a woman who did Reiki came over with crystals and did this kind of healing touch massage with me. While she was working on me I had crystal clear visions of her at her "day job" and how she felt about it. The energy passing between her and I was pretty intense. Can you make a recommendation for a book or place to find out more information about Reiki? Thanks [MENTION=2873]Serenity[/MENTION]

I've met people who were into Reiki but never looked into it myself. When I was ill (cancer) a woman who did Reiki came over with crystals and did this kind of healing touch massage with me. While she was working on me I had crystal clear visions of her at her "day job" and how she felt about it. The energy passing between her and I was pretty intense. Can you make a recommendation for a book or place to find out more information about Reiki? Thanks @Serenity
A good place to start: http://www.reiki.org/faq/whatisreiki.html Essential Reiki by Diane Stein is also an excellent book on the subject matter. [SIZE=-1]The Power of Reiki [/SIZE]by Tanmaya Honervogt is a really good one if you are dipping your feet into the water.

At op, honestly most psychics I hear about etc are isfp.

I have had many psychic experiences but I won't disclose them because nobody can prove they are psychic. The thing I hate about psychics in this sense, is how undefinable it is. Idk,unnerves me. Inf ti anyone?

Reactions: jyrffw54
I already shared this in my blog, but I feel it should be here too.

This happened a feel weeks ago as I was doing some light Reiki on a friend of mine.
I was working on his back, and it suddenly occurred to me to use sound therapy on him;
I sang into his back, and on certain notes, the calm breeze picked up, almost into a gust of wind, and when I hit other certain notes,
the wind stopped completely at a stand still.

Recently, I have also noticed this with the water of the pond near the science buildings. there would be no hint of a breeze whatsoever, but when I started singing, the undisturbed water started forming not ripples, but mini waves, like we were on the shore of a beach. Soon after, about 4 turtles came to play in them.

Reactions: hush and the

This happened a feel weeks ago as I was doing some light Reiki on a friend of mine.
I was working on his back, and it suddenly occurred to me to use sound therapy on him;
I sang into his back, and on certain notes, the calm breeze picked up, almost into a gust of wind, and when I hit other certain notes,

Recently, I have also noticed this with the water of the pond near the science buildings. there would be no hint of a breeze whatsoever, but when I started singing, the undisturbed water started forming not ripples, but mini waves, like we were on the shore of a beach. Soon after, about 4 turtles came to play in them.

Are you a reverse banshee?

Reactions: jyrffw54 and acd

i admit i know nothing about reiki, but this sounds very beautiful - i could see and hear you sorta-kinda

My house sits in an area that I honest to goodness feel in my heart is some kind of "black-hole". It's very difficult to describe. There was a Civil War Battle here where nearly 2000 soldiers were killed, a plane crash, many vehicle accidents (on the road behind my house) and one gruesome murder ... with which I am now connected due to my volunteer work. When there is severe weather headed towards us (west to east), it always splits when it hits my area (i.e. the tornadoes that affect Birmingham.)

I have had a few ghostly experiences. One was when I went outside after I put the kids to bed to look up at the stars and take a breath of fresh air. As I took in my breath and exhales, someone right next to me did the same. o_O I was freaked out and ran back inside. I have not gone in my backyard alone at night to this day. I often see "shadows" in my house in two areas ... one as though it is on the stairs and peeping around the corner, and the other a little head peeking at me from behind the low-wall. I've many times thought it was my own children, but when I look there is nothing. The shadows do not bother me at all.

I used to work in one of the historic buildings in my small downtown area. My co-worker and best friend is psychic. We often hear people walking up and down the hallway. I always kept my desk very tidy. One day my boss puts all his shyt on my desk ... cameras, paperwork, etc. I walk into the doorway to see it, looked away for a second (b/c I was pissed) and everything was pushed off my desk. My friend many times had told me that who-ever it is, tends to be near me always but she could not tell if it was good or bad .. that "he" was practically sitting on me and seem upset that "he" could not manipulate me. I know and I feel it, that I am very protected by many spirits.

When my mother died by a car accident, at the time that it happened I had gotten very sick to my stomach ... it wasn't the reuben sandwich either. I knew something very bad had just happened to someone close to me. It was the first time I had ever had that feeling (on top of urgency and helplessness.)

I probably have more if I think about it, but we're headed to the movies. :D

I am surprised that I have never heard any of this from you. Very interesting stuff, if you think of more, I'd love to hear about it on our next lunch date. ;D

I am surprised that I have never heard any of this from you. Very interesting stuff, if you think of more, I'd love to hear about it on our next lunch date. ;D

I'm surprised I never told you these things! haha

I have many... interesting and scary things that have happened.. so, in the safety of our midst, here goes.

I will just put in what has happened this year.

Every so often, I see auras around everything. It is very beautiful and calming.

I've always been obsessed with dreams, and just my personal opinion for my own dreams. I feel that I am experiencing an out of body experience.
Witnessing actual events, playing out other peoples deaths, afterlife, their daily life.

This last week when I had a severe depressive episode, I became very.. mental... It's not fun at all, even though it may seem interesting to others, I don't tell them the bad things I see..
I'm sure someone who is naturally psychic with positive energy is able to achieve very good experiences. I have when I am in my normal state of mind.
However last week, I stopped eating as much, I got really depressed, started seeing things that were from my past traumatic experiences and it manifested outwards.
It felt like my whole brain was tingling. It didn't hurt though.. I started to see the pixelated bright lights. I couldn't control my rapid depressive cycle.
Something happened to me. And I don't know how to say it without sounding... insane.
Something bad came inside me. And I was in the backseat. I was aware of what was going on, I didn't harm anyone or myself, but just my actions. I walked differently, I talked differently, etc. It was horrifying. I didn't know how to get back.
The only thing that made me feel sane again was seeing my brother and going outside with him.
I started to write like a mad man. I told my brother something was going to happen in the Philippines and dad would tell what happened.
I wasn't really 'here' for a few days. I kept looking at the time, as if whoever was in me only had a short amount of time..
My dad posted on fb a few days later that there was a disaster in the philippines.
The coincidence from my previous blog.
It's very disturbing.
There are good things, but there are bad things as well.

A few weeks ago while I was at work, mind you I am sick, and I was testing myself to see how I could cope outside again.
When it was calm I was okay. When there were people I knew around me I was okay. But once I felt alone I started to see things again.
I tested some thoughts in my head.
I'd say logic - everyone looked like monkeys. It mad me laugh inside.
I'd think positive things - A random 50 cent coin was on the turning machine, I asked who's it was and no one knew. There was only one customer there and it wasn't theirs.
I kept thinking positive things - numbers 3, 7, etc would pop up. The total on the food cost would come up to an exact amount with no change.
I thought negative things - 6 would pop up. among other things.

The other night I wanted to find out what was making me feel... depressed?

As I was dreaming, the beginning part was alright, afterwards I opened a door, and it was dark.. No lights..
I was walking on a sidwalk and someone was behind me. I'm not going to go into much detail.
I ended up running and finding a lighted area. The people I saw were the people who have done bad things to me.
I saw the man who raped me, his face, I heard his voice, it was as if he was right in front of me. I woke up immediately after I realized who I saw.

I think I went into my dark room of bad things pretty much. That door should stay shut.

Hence, I need to go back on meds, to control my bipolar cycles. The dark side is too dark for me.

I can't control other peoples actions, only mine. I only see what might happen. And I keep changing it to be positive when I can.

That is how I like it. I don't want to control others. I have enough problems staying sane as is.

Sorry for being vague. I don't feel comfortable going into deep detail.

Thank you for posting. Your experience is interesting to read. Sounds like its a little bit of a struggle for you to get into talking about it.