ByTheWaves

Community Member
Aug 8, 2021
Australia
MBTI
INFP
Enneagram
Don't know
Hello. First of all, I hope this is in the right section- Psychology and MBTI.... Haha. (For a bit, I thought it was relating psychology to MBTI types and vice versa.)

Anyhow.

I have OCD. I was diagnosed a few years ago but I didn't think much of it. However, after my recent visit to a doctor, and... Just what has been going on with my mind lately; I think my first psychologist was correct after all.

I'd like to open this thread for everybody who suffers from any kind of OCD.

Now, people think traditionally that OCD is just about keeping things super tidy and clean, and you know; just being a clean freak.

But that's not what it's all about, I mean, there are people who suffer from this type of OCD; but their reasonings behind their behaviours may not be what you think.

Moving on.

My doctor said that I have OCD, more specifically the intrusive thoughts type. When they read all the descriptions and examples out to me, I was just like, "Oh my gosh..." It really hit home to me.

Over the past year or few months or... I don't really know how long it's been going on for... I've had these absolutely, horrid, awful thoughts. They just come out of nowhere- and I want them to stop.

Sometimes it gets worse when I try to stop them.

Now everybody gets bad thoughts sometimes, but... OCD intrusive thoughts are like a record player... Stuck on a loop and it strikes anywhere anytime.. (well not that 'normal thoughts' don't.)

It's more stressful and severe for OCD patients than for those without it.

Now I ask... Does anyone else here have OCD? How do you cope with it, and how much has it affected your life? Even your daily life?

I feel like we can share our thoughts here.

More on OCD here: