The Psychic Thread | INFJ Forum

The Psychic Thread

GracieRuth

Permanent Fixture
Aug 19, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
I read a long time ago that if someone reports they have experienced a psychic phenomenon, they are most likely to be NF, especially INFJ. So let's hear it in the safety of our midst. If you have ever seen a ghost, predicted the future, read a mind, levitated, moved objects by power of your mind, seen the Virgin Mary, channeled Ghengis Khan, seen with Remote Viewing, or been possessed by Satan, inquiring minds want to know.

Two rules for this thread.
1. Your story must be first hand -- something YOU experienced and not heard from someone else.
2. Don't criticize what anyone else has shared even if you think they are in desperate need of Thorazine.

I'll go first.

Tai Chi has a reputation for "increasing perception." What exactly does that mean? Obviously it helps old people have better body sense so that they fall less often. But perhaps more? When I first began doing Tai Chi, I assumed that "Chi" (bio-energy, life force) was just "Chinese Superstition." But over the course of years and years of practicing the art, I began to actually sense Chi interactions (like a subtle kind of push or pull like when you put magnets together). Later, I realized that sometimes the colors I was seeing were NOT after images you get from staring at the same thing, but were auras. The freakiest, most "psychic" thing that happened was after seven years.

I had been switched to the central school so that I could study directly under the Grand Master, or Sifu. One night after class, everyone had left except for three of us. I was at the front of the school chatting away with one of the black belts. Behind me on the mat, one of the women black belts was practicing some of her Shaolin forms (shadow boxing). She came up behind me and did a pretend back-handed sucker punch to my head. It disrupted my conversational thought, and irritated me. I turned around and scolded her for the punch.

There was an eery moment of silence, and then she said, "How did you know I punched at you. I was behind you." Well, I knew what I saw!!!!! And I SAW it. The three of us tried to figure it out. We eliminated possibilities such as her reflection in the glass windows, even in the glasses on his face. We took turns recreating the scene to see if any of us could see anything peripherally. We were NEVER able to figure out how I had seen the punch. (Twilight Zone music begins to play.)

[MENTION=4576]GracieRuth[/MENTION] Hehe. Good story.
I've thought to have seen things in the past, but they always had a logical explanation. For instance, when I was a teenager, I once woke up in the middle of the night and thought there was an alien sticking its head through my two-story window. I was freaked out by it at first, but then I realized it was just a green balloon.

I certainly want to believe.

I've seen the devil. Story is too spooky to recount.

Reactions: acd
Hmm... I always tend to get certain "bad feelings" before things happen. I dreamt it just before my grandpa died (age 5); felt it just before my uncle died when I was in college, before my grandma in high school, before some very bad situations in my life I won't really get into right now because I just met everyone, like, yesterday. In college, within a month time frame, I felt it before:

-freak accident leading to the death of one of the musicians in the music dept.
-death of a fellow student due to an ice storm
-school shooting at a nearby middle school (nobody was injured, thank goodness).

When I was looking into universities for undergrad, I felt a sense of being "at home" at the one I eventually chose, and a sense of foreboding at the one I opted out of. Later that year, at the one I opted out of, there was a dorm fire killing a couple of people.

It also helps, I suppose, that I'm a descendant of my hometown's local fortune teller.

I've seen the devil. Story is too spooky to recount.
ditto.

I'm pretty sensitive. I've been visited by Archangels, astrally projected, experienced past lives, seen/felt ghosts, seen the present/future in dreams and gotten pretty accurate gut feelings about things.

This is a nice story that I think you'll like [MENTION=4576]GracieRuth[/MENTION] --
A friend/neighbor of mine lost her 2 yr. old grandson this past June. I had only known her for a couple months when she got an urge to visit her grandson's grave and since we were riding in the same car I agree because I know this was a big healing step for her. So when we get to the cemetery, he's in an area marked for children's graves only. The minute I step outside, all of the sudden I get swarmed with the feeling of children running up to me. I used to teach children am a 'kid magnet' so I know what this feels like. Especially the feeling of a child extending their hand for you to hold. It was very surreal. I could sense them, although they weren't physically there. It was like how you felt the punch, you felt it and didn't need to see it to know it happened. I said a prayer for their souls before I left and I felt the children were happy to have had someone remember them. As I was leaving I felt very strange, like my soul was vibrating.

Reactions: subwayrider
I have had a few. The most recent:

After being broken up with someone for a year, I suddenly had a dream of them. I won't get into all the details.. but
they told me they were "leaving for where the water rises to meet the cliffs," and in my dream I said, "Oregon."
Someone told me weeks later that my ex moved near Portland.

I once had an experience where what I perceived to be a spirit was petting me as I was going to sleep.

The first, I could have unconsciously overheard this info somewhere in my waking life.. The second I could have just been half asleep. But those are two spooky things that happened to me.

Last edited:
This summer I went to the showing of The Little Mermaid (the play) with my family. Before we got to our seats I had a feeling that I was going to meet a girl there that is from my church, or I at least randomly envisioned her in my mind. When we sat down I ended up sitting right next to this girl. It was crazy awesome.

i am absorbent of complex emotional states of others even from a distance if i am emotionally tuned in myself. and can make predictions about the behaviours of others based on this.

I do tarot many times a day so yeah.. I'm highly intuitive. It's always been around me my whole life. I can always anticipate the likely outcomes of events and 99.9% of the time I'm correct. I used to feel very uncomfortable and skeptical about my ability until one of my best friends showed me how to do tarot. It's really honed and shaped my intuition so much. I love doing readings for people and seeing their eyes light up in amazement when I tell them what I see.

I recently predicted (without tarot) that my friend Ben would meet a girl in 6 months ago. He already has but unfortunately, he's refusing to even take a chance with her....which we all feel is stupid... but eh, boys will be boys. This girl is pretty much the girl of his dreams and she has all the things on his 'checklist'. They've been friends for the past 6 months as well and she's fallen in love with him. He asked me to do his cards a couple of weeks ago and I told him that he would lose an opportunity with a fantastic girl because of his own pride....well.... it's already happening. :(

Personally, I hate it when I get sad predictions because it's super hard for me to tell people what they don't want to hear. Since I'm an upfront and honest person, I don't hold anything back. If I see death though, then I don't bring it up since I find it morally wrong to tell someone they're going to die. I don't wanna live with that guilt.

I've had quite a few instances when I was younger... I used to see dead people right after they past. It scared me at first but I learned how to cloud them out and not deal. I don't see them anymore... probably because I never took an interest in them.

I've had a lot of psychic and strange things happen to me but I'm used to it all by now so it no longer bothers me. I'm also very heavy into symbolism and I have a couple of tattoos rooted around symbolic happenings so the metaphysical plane is definitely where I make my home. :D

I have many... interesting and scary things that have happened.. so, in the safety of our midst, here goes.

I will just put in what has happened this year.

Every so often, I see auras around everything. It is very beautiful and calming.

I've always been obsessed with dreams, and just my personal opinion for my own dreams. I feel that I am experiencing an out of body experience.
Witnessing actual events, playing out other peoples deaths, afterlife, their daily life.

This last week when I had a severe depressive episode, I became very.. mental... It's not fun at all, even though it may seem interesting to others, I don't tell them the bad things I see..
I'm sure someone who is naturally psychic with positive energy is able to achieve very good experiences. I have when I am in my normal state of mind.
However last week, I stopped eating as much, I got really depressed, started seeing things that were from my past traumatic experiences and it manifested outwards.
It felt like my whole brain was tingling. It didn't hurt though.. I started to see the pixelated bright lights. I couldn't control my rapid depressive cycle.
Something happened to me. And I don't know how to say it without sounding... insane.
Something bad came inside me. And I was in the backseat. I was aware of what was going on, I didn't harm anyone or myself, but just my actions. I walked differently, I talked differently, etc. It was horrifying. I didn't know how to get back.
The only thing that made me feel sane again was seeing my brother and going outside with him.
I started to write like a mad man. I told my brother something was going to happen in the Philippines and dad would tell what happened.
I wasn't really 'here' for a few days. I kept looking at the time, as if whoever was in me only had a short amount of time..
My dad posted on fb a few days later that there was a disaster in the philippines.
The coincidence from my previous blog.
It's very disturbing.
There are good things, but there are bad things as well.

A few weeks ago while I was at work, mind you I am sick, and I was testing myself to see how I could cope outside again.
When it was calm I was okay. When there were people I knew around me I was okay. But once I felt alone I started to see things again.
I tested some thoughts in my head.
I'd say logic - everyone looked like monkeys. It mad me laugh inside.
I'd think positive things - A random 50 cent coin was on the turning machine, I asked who's it was and no one knew. There was only one customer there and it wasn't theirs.
I kept thinking positive things - numbers 3, 7, etc would pop up. The total on the food cost would come up to an exact amount with no change.
I thought negative things - 6 would pop up. among other things.

The other night I wanted to find out what was making me feel... depressed?

As I was dreaming, the beginning part was alright, afterwards I opened a door, and it was dark.. No lights..
I was walking on a sidwalk and someone was behind me. I'm not going to go into much detail.
I ended up running and finding a lighted area. The people I saw were the people who have done bad things to me.
I saw the man who raped me, his face, I heard his voice, it was as if he was right in front of me. I woke up immediately after I realized who I saw.

I think I went into my dark room of bad things pretty much. That door should stay shut.

Hence, I need to go back on meds, to control my bipolar cycles. The dark side is too dark for me.

I can't control other peoples actions, only mine. I only see what might happen. And I keep changing it to be positive when I can.

That is how I like it. I don't want to control others. I have enough problems staying sane as is.

Sorry for being vague. I don't feel comfortable going into deep detail.

I do tarot many times a day so yeah.. I'm highly intuitive. It's always been around me my whole life. I can always anticipate the likely outcomes of events and 99.9% of the time I'm correct. I used to feel very uncomfortable and skeptical about my ability until one of my best friends showed me how to do tarot. It's really honed and shaped my intuition so much. I love doing readings for people and seeing their eyes light up in amazement when I tell them what I see.

I recently predicted (without tarot) that my friend Ben would meet a girl in 6 months ago. He already has but unfortunately, he's refusing to even take a chance with her....which we all feel is stupid... but eh, boys will be boys. This girl is pretty much the girl of his dreams and she has all the things on his 'checklist'. They've been friends for the past 6 months as well and she's fallen in love with him. He asked me to do his cards a couple of weeks ago and I told him that he would lose an opportunity with a fantastic girl because of his own pride....well.... it's already happening. :(

Personally, I hate it when I get sad predictions because it's super hard for me to tell people what they don't want to hear. Since I'm an upfront and honest person, I don't hold anything back. If I see death though, then I don't bring it up since I find it morally wrong to tell someone they're going to die. I don't wanna live with that guilt.

I've had quite a few instances when I was younger... I used to see dead people right after they past. It scared me at first but I learned how to cloud them out and not deal. I don't see them anymore... probably because I never took an interest in them.

I've had a lot of psychic and strange things happen to me but I'm used to it all by now so it no longer bothers me. I'm also very heavy into symbolism and I have a couple of tattoos rooted around symbolic happenings so the metaphysical plane is definitely where I make my home. :D

Wow, I need to get a reading from you sometime lol. I have a couple of tarot decks, a couple of oracle decks, and a set of runes, but I'm nowhere near adept yet. Hoping to delve more into that once I'm finished with my more academic studies. The times I have been freakishly accurate, though, have tended to be along the same lines as my last post - the whole "tragedy is about to strike" thing. Nothing really specific concerning exactly *what*, of course, but every time I would draw the Tower or Death cards, something life-altering and tragic would happen.

I can see people's auras. Some are gorgeous, while others make me fear for them, want to help them somehow. I try to keep my mouth shut unless what I see I something the person should be aware of. It comes across as random feelings, but they are not so random at the same time. For instance, I told a man in my genetics class that he ought to not let his dog outside the following morning. Smartly, he listened to me, and the following class he had informed me that there had been a thief on the search for his particular breed of dog (retriever).

I also have had this experience: A woman in my Anatomy class confided in me during lab that her son has been seeing a "monster", and that it's following him, and he's scared. I channeled him. He's a fairly tall man, with fiery red hair and steel grey eyes, that sometimes appear blue, dressed in slacks and an off-white suit with pinstripe design. I realized that he means the boy no harm; He lost a son at a very young age, and it pains him to this day, because you see, this boy is the spitting image of him, and he can't find his son, so he settles for observing the young spirited boy that resembles him. I informed her of this, and also informed her that that is why her son freaked out when she dyed her hair red; He is also fearfully afraid of gingers.

Last edited:
Reactions: bionic
Wow, I need to get a reading from you sometime lol. I have a couple of tarot decks, a couple of oracle decks, and a set of runes, but I'm nowhere near adept yet. Hoping to delve more into that once I'm finished with my more academic studies. The times I have been freakishly accurate, though, have tended to be along the same lines as my last post - the whole "tragedy is about to strike" thing. Nothing really specific concerning exactly *what*, of course, but every time I would draw the Tower or Death cards, something life-altering and tragic would happen.

Sure, anytime! :) I love doing readings for people. Do you use clarifiers for those cards? Usually it's easier to pen down what major change is going to happen if another card is next to it. When the tower is drawn, usually it's a car crash, or something very extreme like a fire. It really depends on what's next to it because you can get "the tower and the empress" and that could be an unexpected birth..

I do runes and I'm teaching myself I-ching (which is SUPER complicated). I like runes a lot better since its less meanings to learn lol

I think that it's very difficult to describe or put into words these things. Once you say 'psychic' it creates (for me anyway) a sense of falseness or trickery. I guess that's because there are so many fakes and charlatans out there trying to make money out a non-existant gift. Separated from that image though, and from the 'career death' of anyone who tries to give this issue serious study, I think it's a very compelling and interesting subject. I think we recieve so much information through the senses and the way we receive this seems to differ substantially from person to person that might account for some of these things. There was an excellent BBC Horizon programme recently which showed how differently people saw and experienced the same colours.

I have never seen a ghost or apparition, and never had a vision etc, but I'm not immediately dismissive of such things. My mother was sure herself that she'd had 2 premonitions which concerned relatives who were ill and in accidents. She was a traditional Catholic women, who used to feel guilty about reading horoscopes in the paper and was not prone to exaggeration or wild stories. As I've got older I've come to accept that she did have some kind of experience which to her felt far beyond an anxiety dream.

For myself I've known for many years that I seem to feel or experience the pain of others even when they don't display it. I've got used to the 'jaw drop' reaction of some when I've correctly guessed there was something wrong, and sometimes fairly precisely what it was. I've had quite a lot of Deja Vu type experiences and when I was younger I spent a lot of time trying to work out how these things operate. In terms of logic, I can only say that 'logic' is just a human concept. If anyone here has read about Kurt Godell's theorems then I can only say that if there is a loophole or blindspot in Mathematics like that (which seems the most perfect system of logic) then I can only guess what that might mean for our concept of logic itself. Looking at physics and quantum theory I think science is increasingly showing the world we live in is a far more complex thing than it may appear at first.

Hopefully in time we will discover far more about this subject, to explain its existence or even to disprove it. I've slowly come more to the view though that maybe there are somethings that are better to remain a mystery.

Reactions: HoneyBeeStings
Reactions: Sensiko
My house sits in an area that I honest to goodness feel in my heart is some kind of "black-hole". It's very difficult to describe. There was a Civil War Battle here where nearly 2000 soldiers were killed, a plane crash, many vehicle accidents (on the road behind my house) and one gruesome murder ... with which I am now connected due to my volunteer work. When there is severe weather headed towards us (west to east), it always splits when it hits my area (i.e. the tornadoes that affect Birmingham.)

I have had a few ghostly experiences. One was when I went outside after I put the kids to bed to look up at the stars and take a breath of fresh air. As I took in my breath and exhales, someone right next to me did the same. o_O I was freaked out and ran back inside. I have not gone in my backyard alone at night to this day. I often see "shadows" in my house in two areas ... one as though it is on the stairs and peeping around the corner, and the other a little head peeking at me from behind the low-wall. I've many times thought it was my own children, but when I look there is nothing. The shadows do not bother me at all.

I used to work in one of the historic buildings in my small downtown area. My co-worker and best friend is psychic. We often hear people walking up and down the hallway. I always kept my desk very tidy. One day my boss puts all his shyt on my desk ... cameras, paperwork, etc. I walk into the doorway to see it, looked away for a second (b/c I was pissed) and everything was pushed off my desk. My friend many times had told me that who-ever it is, tends to be near me always but she could not tell if it was good or bad .. that "he" was practically sitting on me and seem upset that "he" could not manipulate me. I know and I feel it, that I am very protected by many spirits.

When my mother died by a car accident, at the time that it happened I had gotten very sick to my stomach ... it wasn't the reuben sandwich either. I knew something very bad had just happened to someone close to me. It was the first time I had ever had that feeling (on top of urgency and helplessness.)

I probably have more if I think about it, but we're headed to the movies. :D

My house sits in an area that I honest to goodness feel in my heart is some kind of "black-hole". It's very difficult to describe. There was a Civil War Battle here where nearly 2000 soldiers were killed, a plane crash, many vehicle accidents (on the road behind my house) and one gruesome murder ... with which I am now connected due to my volunteer work. When there is severe weather headed towards us (west to east), it always splits when it hits my area (i.e. the tornadoes that affect Birmingham.)

I have had a few ghostly experiences. One was when I went outside after I put the kids to bed to look up at the stars and take a breath of fresh air. As I took in my breath and exhales, someone right next to me did the same. o_O I was freaked out and ran back inside. I have not gone in my backyard alone at night to this day. I often see "shadows" in my house in two areas ... one as though it is on the stairs and peeping around the corner, and the other a little head peeking at me from behind the low-wall. I've many times thought it was my own children, but when I look there is nothing. The shadows do not bother me at all.

I used to work in one of the historic buildings in my small downtown area. My co-worker and best friend is psychic. We often hear people walking up and down the hallway. I always kept my desk very tidy. One day my boss puts all his shyt on my desk ... cameras, paperwork, etc. I walk into the doorway to see it, looked away for a second (b/c I was pissed) and everything was pushed off my desk. My friend many times had told me that who-ever it is, tends to be near me always but she could not tell if it was good or bad .. that "he" was practically sitting on me and seem upset that "he" could not manipulate me. I know and I feel it, that I am very protected by many spirits.

When my mother died by a car accident, at the time that it happened I had gotten very sick to my stomach ... it wasn't the reuben sandwich either. I knew something very bad had just happened to someone close to me. It was the first time I had ever had that feeling (on top of urgency and helplessness.)

I probably have more if I think about it, but we're headed to the movies. :D

I grew up in a haunted house built on a Native American burial ground. It was a uniquely challenging childhood experience.

Sure, anytime! :) I love doing readings for people. Do you use clarifiers for those cards? Usually it's easier to pen down what major change is going to happen if another card is next to it. When the tower is drawn, usually it's a car crash, or something very extreme like a fire. It really depends on what's next to it because you can get "the tower and the empress" and that could be an unexpected birth..

I do runes and I'm teaching myself I-ching (which is SUPER complicated). I like runes a lot better since its less meanings to learn lol

I've never actually noticed that very much, regarding clarifiers. I'm still at that "look the cards up in the book guide" stage, as I prefer to learn the "traditional" meanings before just "winging it" so to speak. Although once I know the traditional meaning from the book, I can then usually pretty quickly figure out how to interpret that into my particular circumstances. I practiced on a friend recently, and she said I was pretty spot on.

Feel free to send me a reading anytime :)