The meaning of life | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

The meaning of life

Meh, I only have a general meaning: Help as many people as I possibly can.

In order to do this, I have to be able to reach them and have them understand what I'm doing. That means making my influence as great as I can, so I can achieve that goal. This means furthering my own understanding, education, money and influence.

That's me only final goal, at this point but there's a plan.

Oh, there is a plan.

INFJs, I thought this would be a great questions for you all :) I know I think about this all the time, I love philosophy. So what do you think we're here for? What drives your life? What do you hope to achieve while you're alive?

Can ENTPS answer also?

I thought about this extensively and come up with an answer. The meaning of life is to find with the meaning of life.

You had post number 42 and you didn't use it for anything good...

I believe that I am here to learn everything that I can, and to grow in as many ways as possible. I am to use all knowledge gained to enlighten, strengthen and heal others. I haven't figured out what lies ahead in terms of afterlife-type stuff yet, but I'll be damned if I won't be prepared anyway.
LOL I'm a stereotype. It's so true, though. :laugh:

So what do you think we're here for? What drives your life? What do you hope to achieve while you're alive?

As when one is immersed in the Oneness of all Existence, before and after being here as one is, one knows not separation, knows not individuality. In Oneness, one knows not pain and suffering, hope and love, because these exist not as one knows them here.
A mirror cannot reflect itself.
An eye cannot see itself.
Lips cannot kiss themselves.

Here - separate, solitary with no voices and thoughts of others held as our own, one becomes aloneness, knows fear, becomes longing, seeks union.
And to seek union with the other, one becomes hope for the other, one knows love by its absence.

Here, as one seeking communion with the other, one can touch and feel touch. One can whisper one's heart and pause to listen for the whispers of the other's heart. One can love, feel love, seek and lose love.

Immersed in the Oneness of that which is, one exists.
Here, for this fleeting heartbeat of Eternity, one truly lives.

Oneness is achieved by recognising yourself.

The meaning of life is to project meaning on meaningless things

Reactions: Duty
Well religiously I believe that we were created to worship God. But worshiping God (serving him) isn't just limited to prayer. It's getting out and doing good deeds for others. From the moment you are born you begin observing the world around you collecting as much information as you can to promote your own survival an the survival of others ;while attempting to retain your childhood gentleness and good intentions as much as possible (at least for me) in a opposite ,chaotic, cold world that seems to rise against you like a stream downhill you must walk up; except in it and not beside it. Being a + in the world and not a -. If your a minus in this world I don't think your living to your full potential. Life isn't worth living if it's just for yourself. That's another reason why suicide is selfish. Nobody is perfect but life is a working progress.

Last edited:
I don't claim to know the meaning of life, I kinda gave up that one... I don't truly believe in God but i do believe in a higher power.

Any way my goal in life is to free myself it might not be your meaning but it is mine.

I don't get it...

What's not to get? I believe the same thing.

I see "god" as a collective source of energy more or less, not an actual entity.

What's not to get? I believe the same thing.

I see "god" as a collective source of energy more or less, not an actual entity.

So how is this power "higher," and what is it higher than?

So how is this power "higher," and what is it higher than?

:doh:

Whyyyyyy does everything need to be defined?! Gah! I just told you, I see it as a collective energy source. I can't really define it beyond this, cause I really don't have words to describe it. Note, this is what I believe: All thoughts, ideas, and feelings are resonated from each person. They are felt by others, the environment, and everything around them. Some of this is projected into the energy source. A good example is the law of attraction. What you think is what you get (morealess). For example, if a person keeps thinking about icecream. Part of that thought is going to go out into the universe, and to the energy source. Subsequently the universe is going to reflect that idea, and show itself back on this world in either direct, or indirect meanings.

There is no god, there is no cosmic meaning.
There is however US(you, me), therefore there's personal meaning.

Make something matter to yourself and you can be nihilistically happy.

Originally Posted by Nickyrd2
I don't truly believe in God but i do believe in a higher power.
I don't get it...
Replace "higher" with "greater", as in the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
All things are parts of a greater whole.
This whole, some may call God.

Life is meaningless without God. This is talked about in the book Ecclesiastes in the Bible. I can be thankful in everything He provides for me in His creations and what I have is there for His reasons. Everything starts to have a reason. I'm a strong believer in God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, and I believe He is the reason we are here. Even learning about Biology at school makes me believe so much more. OK, even if it isn't Jesus Christ, there must be something bigger out there that created such a complex and intricately detailed world. The reason I believe it's Jesus is that He has truly been there for me many times. Truly. He is the reason I live.

There is no meaning to life, there is no meaning to you or me, there is really no meaning to anything. We invented reason and think everything must have one instead of just accepting the beauty of nature.

I feel that we must attach meaning to purpose because if there is no purpose to something, then there is no meaning - so what's the point of it? Does something have worth if it's meaningless? I don't think so.

But I also think there is far more purpose in the universe than we realize...and therefore, far more meaning in our everyday lives than we can fathom.

Man, I feel like a philosopher this morning. :m129:

((And I know Duty's gonna hop on this one like white on rice...))
:mhula: