The meaning of life | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

The meaning of life

Wouldn't that just be chaos? Since it shifts chaotically between chaos and order?
Mostly.

But there's a little bit of order in there.

The meaning of life... it's like a circle to me. It is everything and nothing, even if there is no afterlife your energy never goes away.

I don't believe there is an exact meaning for life, but I don't mind it and I sure welcome it's beauty and adventure.

Nor would I ever want a meaning a life people would be forced to follow, I think the lack of meaning is what really gives it meaning. Do what you will with your life as long as it's really what you want to do (even if it's "bad" or "good").

Life=insanity
insanity=struggle
struggle=learning
learning=knowledge
knowlege=peace
peace=death

Reactions: Faye
Oh, ye of little faith.God is love not fear.

Little faith? Yes. That is a true statement. But how does one know that God is love? Because a book said so? Books are written by man. If the basis for fact is that a books says it is so, and people believe it to be so, then we have to believe in Star wars, The Dark Tower, My Little Ponies, The Wheel of Time, and heaven help us, Cosmo magazine.

As for the fear portion, it seems to me that, objectively speaking, God is also fear. "Do what I say, otherwise you get turned into salt!" is definitely scary to me. "Do what I say, otherwise you come back in the next life as a slave!" is also scary. Then there's "Do what I say, otherwise you burn, for all eternity, while getting chewed on by demons!". That's a personal favorite of mine.

Oh but I believe in My Little Ponies and the Dark Tower too for that matter but especially the first.

I totally see how god is fear, because partially that may be why I am afraid of death too. MODS: CENSUR me if anyone thinks I'm wrong now:
I wonder if god is the devil too.

Last edited:
Well, I do think it arguable that if God were also the Devil, He's be a pretty complete God , now wouldn't you think? :smile:

You could say that.
But I'm just going to ask you why that is 'complete', because ya didn't really answer the question. haha

You wonder if God is the Devil?
Please elaborate, Pristine.

Well if god initially created his angels, he knew that one of them would fight against him and fall to the depths of hell.

It seems like an allmighty 'good' creator who created an evil creator, would be evil as well.

Interesting point.. Evil as well. Would he be evil, or just possess the knowledge of evil?

That kind of makes me want to say that, following that logic--there is no such thing as 'good' or 'evil'. All things are one? And that the concept of 'good' and 'evil' are only a creation within the minds of a creature reaching to understand the world around them--basically, an unenlightened person.. I see where you're going with this. How Eastern!

That kind of makes me want to say that, following that logic--there is no such thing as 'good' or 'evil'. All things are one? And that the concept of 'good' and 'evil' are only a creation within the minds of a creature reaching to understand the world around them--basically, an unenlightened person.. I see where you're going with this. How Eastern!

Yea basically there are two sides to every coin. I would say that there 'just is' but we have put a definition on it in order to understand it. I don't know if it makes sense but its a thought.

This is the old "Can god create a rock so heavy that he could not lift it" thing. Is god powerful enough to violate god's absolute power?

It is not really a problem for me anyway.

Well, I do think it arguable that if God were also the Devil, He's be a pretty complete God , now wouldn't you think? :smile:

Completely full of inner conflict.

Completely full of inner conflict.

yeah that is really interesting, mind you I don't believe in god/devil entities. Imagine having god and devil as one being. I mean, if it were true, they would have to be able to sort between both of them at the same time. As you said being both simultanisously, would result in so many value conflictions that it would just break down. But then again, wouldn't the devil have to have some set of rules and moral code that would actually work with gods views.

You could almost see them as one in the same the more I think about it. God is the ultimate rewarder, the devil is the ultimate punisher. Fusing the two together almost makes sense, It would solve alot of problems actually.

^^^utter stream of consicencess, might not make sense.

I have a fear. I fear that we are here for God. I fear that God has knowledge, but not experience. I fear that we are here to experience events for God, after which we die. Then, He eats us. Energy->matter->life+experience->Death. I fear that once God has experienced everything He knows, then He will be done with creation, and will move on to something else.

But that's just me.

Don't fear. :) We are the manifested world of the gods. We are the creators and the creation itself. Nothing dies, it transforms.

Is