[PUG] - The Left's Difficulty Accepting Election/Referendum Results | Page 10 | INFJ Forum

[PUG] The Left's Difficulty Accepting Election/Referendum Results

FB_IMG_1479150020779.jpg
I want to thank everyone on this forum for letting me know I am completely justified with these.

Reactions: 54192&#cmy
giphy.gif

Simply raising this question, at least in regards to the US is bigoted.

I will no longer have any sort of tolerance for this bullshit. You have made your choice. Learn from it or continue your hateful ignorance, the choice is yours, but know that it is hateful and ignorant.

Accepting Trump as president (questioning why someone would not do so) is like asking why somebody would have difficulty "accepting" being told they are inferior. It's easy for somebody who fully believes they are superior or at least is able to walk away from that idea of inferiority, but for somebody who already has the cards stacked against them and is already being signaled inferiority in various ways this is just another difficulty to have to face that is unnecessary. It is entirely logical to oppose this. Try your hardest to understand that.

Fuck Trump.
It's ignorant to wonder why people, of obvious political persuasion, refuse to accept the outcome of the democratic process?

Gee wizz. I guess I must be, not only don't I understand the illogical hypocrisy in the two examples (inability to accept Brexit and President Trump gracefully), but I also do not see any logic in thinking it's bigoted to question people who reject democracy.

Anyhow, if you truly think it's informed and unprejudiced to protest democracy, and its choices, I suppose you can at lest have the satisfaction of menacingly attacking people you don't agree with.

Not what I'm doing.
The protests started AFTER the election, with the slogan "not my president". The president is a democratically elected position.

Trump might not be everyone's choice, but he is everyone's president. That's democracy, and if you think democracy is good, then it's good that Trump is your president, because he is the choice of democratic due process, with all its checks and balances.

The protests started AFTER the election, with the slogan "not my president"

You aren't from the US, correct? Maybe you don't realise it, but the ENTIRE time Obama has been president there have been people shouting "not my president."

I have every bit of a right to my free speech to give Trump just as much shit, and I plan on doing so. He is a horrible person. I am not going to stop saying this just because he is president. I am not denying that he has been elected president.

I ALSO have the right and ability to adamantly disagree with the outcome. That's part of those checks and balances eh.

What I am seeing is blatant apathy for the law. We can bend the rules because we don't like the outcome. We have a legal process for this. Other countries do not. Use the system to make the changes. Thats how you support and uphold the law.

Every Us Citizen has the responsibility of knowing their constitution. It's your obligation to your country. It's your duty. If you dont know your rights how will you know if they have been violated.

Mmmm. Seems to play into Bezmenov's description of the destabilization of a nation quite nicely, doesn't it?

Last edited:
It's ignorant to wonder why people, of obvious political persuasion, refuse to accept the outcome of the democratic process?

Gee wizz. I guess I must be, not only don't I understand the illogical hypocrisy in the two examples (inability to accept Brexit and President Trump gracefully), but I also do not see any logic in thinking it's bigoted to question people who reject democracy.

Anyhow, if you truly think it's informed and unprejudiced to protest democracy, and its choices, I suppose you can at lest have the satisfaction of menacingly attacking people you don't agree with.

Wouldn't it be bigoted to say it's bigoted to question them?

The reason I think a lot of the left has trouble accepting results is because the left's ideals have turned into a religion which has stunted the emotional growth of some of the younger generation who aren't coping with it as well as the older crowd.

If we all get down to it? Leftists believe they are better people. They are more loving, more intelligent, more compassionte... this grandiose ideal that is the left's ideology is nothing but a delusion and it's entirely unhealthy. We can see this right now. Millions of people use this unhealthy ideology to determine if they are fucking good people or not completely unaware that they are actually engaging in racist, bigoted, divisive destructive behavior themselves. I'm extremely worried about the emotional health of a lot of people right now. You had Mr. Trump say on live TV that he was fine with gay marriage - he said it right at the republican convention. Had a gay repblican give a speech at the GOP convention. Fuck. Also it's delusional pretending that this is about white nationalists or something. Racism. When was he ever racist? He was certainly never homophobic. This is reality. His 100 day plan and his contract with the American Voter has been out for months and people are just now looking into it and never read wikileaks. WHAT? This makes me angry. How do you even know you're even living with your own values and principles if you don't have a heart for the truth enough to go FIND IT. Reminds me of the atheists that read "The God Delusion" and they're like, "Fuck it. There's no God. That was so convincing I won't even look into anything else, and you know what? If you don't agree with me you're a stupid POS" or some other bullshit like that. Know why this happens? Why might a person that rejects religion start acting religious? Think about it.

It's like mass narcissism turned delusional pathological defense mechanisms on a mass scale happening here. The level of projection I'm seeing is disturbing me, greatly. I hope this shit hasn't fucking warped the minds of an entire generation of kids and young adults to the point beyond repair.

The majority of the people who voted for Donald Trump did not do it because they were racist, bigoted, hateful or homophobic. This is reality. When he turns out to be a decent president you will all realize you fracked out over a candidate more left than Hillary and you were lied to and you lived outside of reality and projected what you couldn't bear to see in yourselves onto others. You didn't choose love. He'd have to turn out to be a total failure to a ridiculous and unlikely degree to warrant the response to this he's received. You didn't choose compassion. You aren't better than anyone else. What I want to know is, what is so terrifying to accept about reality that you refuse to live in it? What if the United States isn't so terrible and the people in it not so bad and scary? Huh? What are you running from? Is that what everyone is running from? The reality that your idealized beliefs were actually fucking elitist, racist, sexist, divisive, and entirely hypocritical? That you weren't the shining beacon of light in a world full of hate? WTF?

Reality. I invite everyone to come join it with me. Please!

Why would there be a story here? Did the Russians give trump money? Trump builds hotels all over the world. He's not allowed to go to Russia?

What of our heads of state meeting in secret with other world leaders and no one is allowed to report on it? Bildaberg? Ring a bell? How many times has trump been on or at the Council of foreign relations? None I'm willing to bet. Give him a chance is what I heard eight years ago now it's your turn to do the same or forever be labeled hypocrites.

Reactions: Eventhorizon
Wouldn't it be bigoted to say it's bigoted to question them?

The reason I think a lot of the left has trouble accepting results is because the left's ideals have turned into a religion which has stunted the emotional growth of some of the younger generation who aren't coping with it as well as the older crowd.

If we all get down to it? Leftists believe they are better people. They are more loving, more intelligent, more compassionte... this grandiose ideal that is the left's ideology is nothing but a delusion and it's entirely unhealthy. We can see this right now. Millions of people use this unhealthy ideology to determine if they are fucking good people or not completely unaware that they are actually engaging in racist, bigoted, divisive destructive behavior themselves. I'm extremely worried about the emotional health of a lot of people right now. You had Mr. Trump say on live TV that he was fine with gay marriage - he said it right at the republican convention. Had a gay repblican give a speech at the GOP convention. Fuck. Also it's delusional pretending that this is about white nationalists or something. Racism. When was he ever racist? He was certainly never homophobic. This is reality. His 100 day plan and his contract with the American Voter has been out for months and people are just now looking into it and never read wikileaks. WHAT? This makes me angry. How do you even know you're even living with your own values and principles if you don't have a heart for the truth enough to go FIND IT. Reminds me of the atheists that read "The God Delusion" and they're like, "Fuck it. There's no God. That was so convincing I won't even look into anything else, and you know what? If you don't agree with me you're a stupid POS" or some other bullshit like that. Know why this happens? Why might a person that rejects religion start acting religious? Think about it.

It's like mass narcissism turned delusional pathological defense mechanisms on a mass scale happening here. The level of projection I'm seeing is disturbing me, greatly. I hope this shit hasn't fucking warped the minds of an entire generation of kids and young adults to the point beyond repair.

The majority of the people who voted for Donald Trump did not do it because they were racist, bigoted, hateful or homophobic. This is reality. When he turns out to be a decent president you will all realize you fracked out over a candidate more left than Hillary and you were lied to and you lived outside of reality and projected what you couldn't bear to see in yourselves onto others. You didn't choose love. He'd have to turn out to be a total failure to a ridiculous and unlikely degree to warrant the response to this he's received. You didn't choose compassion. You aren't better than anyone else. What I want to know is, what is so terrifying to accept about reality that you refuse to live in it? What if the United States isn't so terrible and the people in it not so bad and scary? Huh? What are you running from? Is that what everyone is running from? The reality that your idealized beliefs were actually fucking elitist, racist, sexist, divisive, and entirely hypocritical? That you weren't the shining beacon of light in a world full of hate? WTF?

Reality. I invite everyone to come join it with me. Please!

Thank God you typed all that you saved me the trouble!

Reactions: CindyLou

I completely reject your premise that Brexit is a left/right issue. It clearly is not. Millions of UK conservatives (right) voted to remain in the EU. Likewise very many Labour/Other(left) voters vote to Leave the EU. Democracy is not just about accepting one vote, one time is it ? How about we accept the result, and then campaign for a new vote, as did those who lost the referrendum to join the EU (then the EEC) did, when the result was overwhelmingly in favour.

I am afraid this is a much much bigger issue than just electing a government for one term in office. If the UK is really resolved to leave the EU so be it, I will accept it, provided there is a clear and credible plan to do so, that will not devaste the economy. Among those who arranged and ran that campaign there isn't anything remotely resembling that. It's a joke. The markets know it and will react accordingly if we trigger article 50. The UK pound has already taken a woeful beating. Recently two UKIP MEP's (people who campaigned for Brexit) actually got into a physical fight in the EU parliament, and one was hospitalised. They are now both being investigated by the police. How graceful was that ? One (Steven Woolfe) has now quit UKIP after describing the party as being in a death spiral. No one from the 'Remain' side was involved in any way shape or form.

Please, think about your comments of 'gracefully accepting' Brexit. No one knows what 'Brexit' even means in any credible sense.
And whose fault is that ? After the use of referendums to oversimplify complex issues and confuse voters under the Nazis, Germany banned them under their constitution. If you want to regard the late Margaret Thatcher as a 'lefty' I think you really have become confused.

With good reason did Margaret Thatcher, citing Clement Attlee, once refer to referendums as “a splendid weapon for demagogues and dictators”.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...s-troubled-past-to-see-the-damage-referendum/

You aren't from the US, correct? Maybe you don't realise it, but the ENTIRE time Obama has been president there have been people shouting "not my president."

I have every bit of a right to my free speech to give Trump just as much shit, and I plan on doing so. He is a horrible person. I am not going to stop saying this just because he is president. I am not denying that he has been elected president.

I ALSO have the right and ability to adamantly disagree with the outcome. That's part of those checks and balances eh.
If you condone something for yourself
I completely reject your premise that Brexit is a left/right issue. It clearly is not. Millions of UK conservatives (right) voted to remain in the EU. Likewise very many Labour/Other(left) voters vote to Leave the EU. Democracy is not just about accepting one vote, one time is it ? How about we accept the result, and then campaign for a new vote, as did those who lost the referrendum to join the EU (then the EEC) did, when the result was overwhelmingly in favour.

I am afraid this is a much much bigger issue than just electing a government for one term in office. If the UK is really resolved to leave the EU so be it, I will accept it, provided there is a clear and credible plan to do so, that will not devaste the economy. Among those who arranged and ran that campaign there isn't anything remotely resembling that. It's a joke. The markets know it and will react accordingly if we trigger article 50. The UK pound has already taken a woeful beating. Recently two UKIP MEP's (people who campaigned for Brexit) actually got into a physical fight in the EU parliament, and one was hospitalised. They are now both being investigated by the police. How graceful was that ? One (Steven Woolfe) has now quit UKIP after describing the party as being in a death spiral. No one from the 'Remain' side was involved in any way shape or form.

Please, think about your comments of 'gracefully accepting' Brexit. No one knows what 'Brexit' even means in any credible sense.
And whose fault is that ? After the use of referendums to oversimplify complex issues and confuse voters under the Nazis, Germany banned them under their constitution. If you want to regard the late Margaret Thatcher as a 'lefty' I think you really have become confused.

With good reason did Margaret Thatcher, citing Clement Attlee, once refer to referendums as “a splendid weapon for demagogues and dictators”.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...s-troubled-past-to-see-the-damage-referendum/
Brexit means Britain leaves the EU. That fundamentally unambiguous decision doesn't exclude a virtual infinity of possible outcomes. The negotiation as to the manner of exit, and the relationship afterwards are presumably going to pursue good outcomes.

Imagining the worst imaginable version of exiting, and claiming this is what will be pursued is just clownishly bonkers. Consider for a moment, how many countries in the world are NOT part of the EU... now why should Britain suddenly shrivel up by not being in the EU?.. At least you're going to be free of the ghastly muslim refugee situation France is shitting itself over. A subdistrict of Calais, Britain is not.

If you condone something for yourself

Brexit means Britain leaves the EU. That fundamentally unambiguous decision doesn't exclude a virtual infinity of possible outcomes. The negotiation as to the manner of exit, and the relationship afterwards are presumably going to pursue good outcomes.

Imagining the worst imaginable version of exiting, and claiming this is what will be pursued is just clownishly bonkers. Consider for a moment, how many countries in the world are NOT part of the EU... now why should Britain suddenly shrivel up by not being in the EU?.. At least you're going to be free of the ghastly muslim refugee situation France is shitting itself over. A subdistrict of Calais, Britain is not.

Wow.. Just Wow. I can't really think of a better counter argument to your entire thread, than this your own post. What makes you think, I'm not a Muslim, or a refugee ? Or that some of my friends or family aren't 'ghastly muslim refugees'. I'm not, but I could have been. I'm quite sure there will be Muslim members of this forum.

I am going to report your comment, as I regard it as grossly offensive, and in fact - counter productive to the very arguments you seem to want to make.

Reactions: cvp12gh5