[PUG] - The Left's Difficulty Accepting Election/Referendum Results | Page 9 | INFJ Forum

[PUG] The Left's Difficulty Accepting Election/Referendum Results

It's kinda simple-- don't go into a conversation with your mind already completely made up. If you find you consistently can't talk to people who you disagree with, it's because you are not listening. If someone becomes emotional and angry, don't get defensive back... Try to empathize. Our leaders would prefer we are at each other's throats and blaming each other for our country's problems instead of them.

This can't be emphasized enough. Insight into complex issues like this are very rarely found on opposing ends of the political spectrum. I think people sometimes get protective of their political affiliation and unconsciously assume that everything the other side is saying is wrong because the viewpoint is shared by a group of people they normally don't agree with. This makes it difficult to acknowledge the other side might be making a legitimate point or that they may have valid concern that may enhance your understanding of the situation.

This can't be emphasized enough. Insight into complex issues like this are very rarely found on opposing ends of the political spectrum. I think people sometimes get protective of their political affiliation and unconsciously assume that everything the other side is saying is wrong because the viewpoint is shared by a group of people they normally don't agree with. This makes it difficult to acknowledge the other side might be making a legitimate point or that they may have valid concern that may enhance your understanding of the situation.
Well said!

Its an old book but a very clever examination of complexity..

51NS0KERJ7L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I agree completely. It IS part of the package and I can see why it feels this way. But I don't think it's quite as simple as people not caring. Fear was a big part of this campaign, and I'm not just talking about the kind of fear that fuels the bigotry being discussed in this thread.

As much as we need to discuss the social justice issues plaguing the country now, we can't avoid talking about the system and how shady it is. I think the big part of the reason a lot of people ended up voting Trump wasn't because they actually stood for what he was saying. It was because Clinton was made out to be the 'obvious' choice--the ONLY choice. She had the media on her side, endorsements and money coming out all ends, and compared to Trump, she was made out to be some kind of Messiah. All of this, plus the whole fiasco with her people bumping Sanders off and the wikileaks documents that outlined her wanting someone like Trump to oppose her just didn't pass the smell test. People are feeling manipulated by this push toward the left and this is what is breeding a lot of distrust and opposition. And the political backlash and rioting in the streets isn't really helping matters. People are only digging in their heels more firmly.

This is only a recipe for disaster.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZcM4xzkjgzCjytBc
This video, I feel is extremely important for people to listen to, especially the hard left. Ignore his accusations of it being entirely the left's fault because factually it is both sides that have culpability. Everything else he is saying here is representative of the anger of the right and needs to be heard and absorbed. The extreme left has been getting out of hand for years. Trump is simply a reaction to it.

^
@ruji , he said "hard". Why didn't you run with it?

Why does the left in both GB and USA have such difficulty in gracefully accepting democratic elections/referendums?

Simply raising this question, at least in regards to the US is bigoted.

I will no longer have any sort of tolerance for this bullshit. You have made your choice. Learn from it or continue your hateful ignorance, the choice is yours, but know that it is hateful and ignorant.

Accepting Trump as president (questioning why someone would not do so) is like asking why somebody would have difficulty "accepting" being told they are inferior. It's easy for somebody who fully believes they are superior or at least is able to walk away from that idea of inferiority, but for somebody who already has the cards stacked against them and is already being signaled inferiority in various ways this is just another difficulty to have to face that is unnecessary. It is entirely logical to oppose this. Try your hardest to understand that.

Fuck Trump.

Simply raising this question, at least in regards to the US is bigoted.

I will no longer have any sort of tolerance for this bullshit. You have made your choice. Learn from it or continue your hateful ignorance, the choice is yours, but know that it is hateful and ignorant.

Accepting Trump as president (questioning why someone would not do so) is like asking why somebody would have difficulty "accepting" being told they are inferior. It's easy for somebody who fully believes they are superior or at least is able to walk away from that idea of inferiority, but for somebody who already has the cards stacked against them and is already being signaled inferiority in various ways this is just another difficulty to have to face that is unnecessary. It is entirely logical to oppose this. Try your hardest to understand that.

Fuck Trump.
I have no personal experience with trump. So I cannot say with absolute authority if he is good or bad. I know he is both. Every human is one or the other at some time.

He thinks he likes the crowds attention until they turn on him. Unlike Obama who could never be questioned or hated. Trump can and will be. This poor dude is going to eat shit for four years. Everything he does wrong will be amplified by his opposition. The next 4 years are going to be rough. With all the hate speech coming from the left a new low in civility is coming. The other side will respond.

I guess the trump haters want to live under marshal law. Or is that the intention to keep Obama in office. It could very well happen. Just get things burning outta control state of national emergency called no trump. Obama will then be the one to decide when the emergency is over. So don't lose hope guys. You might get to keep Obama after all. Keep rioting and it's guaranteed.

Well put!

http://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/ar...4452&aliaspath=/Manage/Articles/Template-Main

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ttack-trump-supporters-with-punches-eggs.html

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016...-lights-flag-on-fire-attacks-trump-supporter/

Sadly. Both sides have their bad apples. I don't support Trump. But I do support the rule of law. Hillary has more questions about her than answers. The left let her steal it from Bernie you guys ain't mad about that. He could have won your own party screwed you right to your face and you don't care? It's a proven fact and you ignore it? She hates half the country. Do you feel the same? I'm for neither of these guys they both suck. We should be mad at the two party system not each other we had only two people in the entire country that could be president? Talk about your freedom being taken away. Only two choices in a country of millions? Ya right! Get fuking real. This whole setup sucks. If you want real change kill the two party system.

. We should be mad at the two party system not each other we had only two people in the entire country that could be president? Talk about your freedom being taken away. Only two choices in a country of millions? Ya right! Get fuking real. This whole setup sucks. If you want real change kill the two party system.

Mmhmm.

But rabbit hole goes much deeper than the two party system. If you want real change, stop indoctrinating and start educating and reporting without political biases. This election proves that society has killed the moderate and elevated the extremist. You see them on both sides but most people are so polarized they don't even see it.

Hey there are enough threads here bashing Trump. Can we get this one thread back on course please?

FB_IMG_1479149796795.jpg

Because Hillary....