[PUG] - The Left's Difficulty Accepting Election/Referendum Results | Page 22 | INFJ Forum

[PUG] The Left's Difficulty Accepting Election/Referendum Results

It's interesting because he has only managed to surround himself with ideologues...
If he weren't a hands-on (pun) micromanager, I'd be more worried about the ideology of his team. This will be his administration; Trump won't just be its figurehead.

If he weren't a hands-on (pun) micromanager, I'd be more worried about the ideology of his team. This will be his administration; Trump won't just be its figurehead.
Then why is he appointing people to positions over agencies they oppose? Scott Pruitt over the EPA for example... He is not being moderate. It seems he is embracing the ideology of the far right.

Reactions: David54
Then why is he appointing people to positions over agencies they oppose? Scott Pruitt over the EPA for example... He is not being moderate. It seems he is embracing the ideology of the far right.
You can't moderate institutional ideological entrenchment by appointing uncritical directors.

It's not like Pruitt can dismantle the EPA; but he can probably insert an outside viewpoint. The EPA may have focused too much on idealised policy, without enough consideration for economic factors.

Everything is being treated as an either/or by the media, in terms of the appointments. I expect it will be more the case that the results will be more balanced (both/and), virtually guaranteeing that both ideological camps will be unhappy, with both extreme wings screeching for reporters.

Reactions: Eventhorizon
I find this hilarious...this recount business. What is Hillary really investigating? How she wasn't able to get enough dead peoples votes or illegal alien votes in these areas.
Voter fraud is completely a Democrat thing. It's the only way they ever get elected. Please do cure voter fraud. Please please do. Youll never see another liberal elected the day it happens.

Voter suppression is completely a Republican thing. Its the only way they ever get elected. Please do cure voter suppression and gerrymandering. You will never see another conservative elected the day it happens

Shady Republicans suppress votes by redistricting, by refusing ex-convicts and prisoners the right to vote, by closing/moving/reducing opening hours of voting stations, and by other means.

And shady Democrats duplicate votes? http://thefreethoughtproject.com/widespread-voter-fraud-election/

Who are keeping dead people on voter registration lists? Who are making voting difficult for US emigrants? Does anyone know?

http://www.snopes.com/2016/10/18/project-veritas-election-videos/

Project "Veritas"?? James O'Keefe?

The videos are, as is typical of O'Keefe's, work somewhat of a gish gallop, comprising a constellation of allegations and assertions that is virtually impossible to fact check without complete clips of the involved conversations. Nearly all the videos used stitched-together, out-of-context remarks with no indication of what occurred or what was discussed just before and after the included portions.

Same "citizen journalist" who put together the so called incriminating ACORN video a few years ago. Don't believe everything you see because sometimes its not the whole truth.

Redistricting is not a Republican only thing. It's accepted and done by both sides and of course the hope is that if you do it right it benefits the party you represent. Completely a nonissue. Not sure what the law is concerning convicts and Ex cons regarding voting rights...but I think it's funny to assume that if criminals can vote it would benefit Democrats.

Reducing hours of voting stations..how does that help republicans specifically? Seriously...

Why does the left in both GB and USA have such difficulty in gracefully accepting democratic elections/referendums?

(Re. Brexit and Trump).

Edit. I have added the pug prefix to the thread, not because I wish the discussion to become pugnacious, but because it seems to have drifted that way. Please try and make original posts peacefully, but if replies are provoking, provoked answers aren't going to be called out.
Because globalism, and globalization are such brainwashing concepts, concepts that leftists, neoliberals, and neoconservatives, endorse. Though they think they're doing the right thing. Many have succumb to it. I fear for the future of this planet.
But, with things like brexit
And Trump's election... And the Republican congress
I feel a little bit more hopeful. Love and humanity, human values, will prevail.

Reactions: just me
Explain "human values", please.

copied..."
Philosophy

Since the days of the ancient Greeks, philosophers have been concerned with values on a rather tangential basis. References to values were unavoidable as Aristotle, Kant, and others discussed aesthetics, or as Plato, Hobbes, and Rousseau deliberated over the problems of government and citizen responsibility. But, as Wekmeister points out (1967), no general theory of values was developed or enunciated by any of these thinkers."

I read the Old Testament and can easily differentiate between human values and God's values. Modern day writers choose the good taught by God and attribute it to human values.Human values can be both good and bad, and can rapidly change. God's values are called the fruit of the Spirit.

Galatians 5:22-23 King James Version (KJV)
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

This has been around thousands plus of years. It should be human values, but is not as a whole.

Unless of course God's values are in fact unknowable except as a philosophical inference based on human conceptions of good and evil.