Milon

Director of Glomps
Donor
Feb 9, 2009
MBTI
INFJ!
Enneagram
6w5 SO
Just curious to see if there's a trend here. There are (at least) 5 languages of love, or ways people communicate love: Acts of Kindness, Gifts, Physical Touch, Words of Affirmation, Quality Time.

My top 2 are words of affirmation and physical touch. These are the ways I best "hear" that I'm loved, and the default way that I communicate that I love someone else.

What's yours?

EDIT: You can read more here. Note I am NOT endorsing anything, it's just the first relevant page I came across. I've never read any of these books, I'm just aware of the ideas.

Last edited:
I picked Quality Time and Words of Affirmation. You can touch someone, kiss someone, make-out, and have sex with someone and not love them. Quality time is usually reserved for those you care about.

You can have any of those not love the person.

I choose physical touch and quality time, that's how I best show my love and feel loved.

I usually do small acts of kindness, and spending quality time.

Score Love Language 5 Words of Affirmation 10 Quality Time 0 Receiving of Gifts 5 Acts of Service 10 Physical Touch

I retook the test.

Physical touch first for me, because I don't let people within three feet of me unless I trust them very well, and then acts of kindness. Love doesn't have to be romantic. Agape, folks! Selfless love!

Come on, do it, make a mess, you know you want to!

Didn't vote cause I don't wanna mess with the INFJ results but Physical Touch and Quality Time mean the most to me.

I just about spat coffee all over my computer :D

Oie, this and "what is love" by Haddaway... Starting to become internet meems...

Anyway, I said physical touch and quality time (preferably both at the same time:D ) Because like the above, I rarely let people into my "bubble" and words are so vain.

Lurker, go ahead and vote. My curiosity has been satisfied.

Pristinegirl, yeah I voted for Words of Affirmation and Physical Touch. :)

The only thing I find strange is that no one picked gifts. Maybe there is a trend afterall - INFJ's view Gifts as somewhat shallow? Or at least don't particulary feel honoured by them. I dunno - long day at work, my brain's fried. (EDIT: Really! I've lost my basic punctuation now...)

Last edited:
Come on, do it, make a mess, you know you want to!

Well I do now you've dared me :doh:

Oie, this and "what is love" by Haddaway... Starting to become internet meems...

:D I was expecting a serious link in to a test or description but instead I got Rick Astley and his perfectly shaped hair wave and suggestive hip rotating.

I picked acts of kindness, followed by words of affirmation and quality time, then physical touch, then gifts.

Last edited:
Lurker, go ahead and vote. My curiosity has been satisfied.

Pristinegirl, yeah I voted for Words of Affirmation and Physical Touch. :)

The only thing I find strange is that no one picked gifts. Maybe there is a trend afterall - INFJ's view Gifts as somewhat shallow? Or at least don't particulary feel honoured by them. I dunno - long day at work, my brains fried.

I get very insecure with gifts in general.

I did the same as TK*

Nobody chose gifts, and I'm not surprised. I always have trouble thinking of gifts to get others, or myself, for that matter. I don't think I've gotten a Christmas gift in 3 years, and I don't mind at all.

I had trouble deciding on just two, though Gifts didn't make the list. Nothing against gifts, they just can't compete with the others, IMO.

I chose Acts of Kindness and Words of Affirmation, though I could easily have chosen Quality Time and Physical Touch as equals. I was primarily thinking of my husband and kids for this topic, and Quality Time is certainly a prime consideration when it comes to expressing Love, as is touch, though in my situation not always available (with my husband travelling all the time, and my daughter over 600 miles away).

Quality time seems to be the favourite here. For me, quality time is mandatory to build a relationship, but on its own doesn't make me feel particularly loved or special. Anyone else feel that way?

Quality time seems to be the favourite here. For me, quality time is mandatory to build a relationship, but on its own doesn't make me feel particularly loved or special. Anyone else feel that way?

I agree ^^ Although in a sense if another person asks me that they specifically want to be alone with me, I will feel very loved.

Although I voted for words of affirmation and and physical touch .

I agree ^^ Although in a sense if another person asks me that they specifically want to be alone with me, I will feel very loved.

Although I voted for words of affirmation and and physical touch .

I thought you'd feel the same. :wink: