The "J" in INFJ | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

The "J" in INFJ

haha lmao..Im procrastinating as well..I'm avoiding my computer programming hw because I can't simply concentrate!!it's giving me a headache doing so much detailed work which I hate..

Wanna swap? I enjoy a good coding challenge, so Fe lets me organize the heck out of it! ^_^ And I hate annoying paperwork...

Wanna swap? I enjoy a good coding challenge, so Fe lets me organize the heck out of it! ^_^ And I hate annoying paperwork...

lol thing is It's this program that comes with a book, it's some sort of different programming that has already been developed, we just need to follow it step by step and what we are using it's some Pro version with a password in which I don't think we can use the same one.

lol thing is It's this program that comes with a book, it's some sort of different programming that has already been developed, we just need to follow it step by step and what we are using it's some Pro version with a password in which I don't think we can use the same one.

Suddenly, I'm less interested. Sorry. Also, I just finished all the hideous paperwork. :D

'J' is not your prime judging function. Fe is. Fe is about placing social and philosophical relationships in some sort of hierarchy, which is still an extraverted judging process. It entails a sort of organization that may cause the users to appear very "disorganized" in the usual Te terms in order that they may prioritize to their strengths.

^^^^
yes.

I could care less if my home is messy (as long as it isn't impeding me - that drives me nuts), but I'll be damned if I'm not stubborn once I've made up my mind about something...
An example: I WILL accomplish X goal... I don't care if someone thinks I can't. I might not even care if they have good reasons, either.

That probably isn't the right way to phrase it, but that's what came to mind.

Results of your
Adult ADHD Quiz

[FONT=arial,helvetica]You scored a total of[/FONT] [FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=+2] 27 [/SIZE][/FONT]

Based upon your responses to this adult ADHD screening quiz, you appear to be suffering from adult a attention deficit disorder. People who have answered similarly to you typically qualify for a diagnosis of ADHD or ADD and have sought professional treatment for this disorder.

You should not take this as a diagnosis of any sort, or a recommendation for treatment. However, it would be advisable and likely beneficial for you to seek further diagnosis from a trained mental health professional immediately

lol.........

Results of your
Attention Deficit Disorder Quiz

[FONT=arial,helvetica]You scored a total of[/FONT] [FONT=arial,helvetica]53[/FONT]

You appear to be suffering from a moderate amount of attention and concentration difficulties according to your responses to this self-report questionnaire. You should not take this as a diagnosis of any sort, or a recommendation for treatment. However, it would be advisable and likely beneficial for you to seek further diagnosis from a trained mental health professional soon to rule out a possible attention disorder.

:wink:

This thread has pretty much covered everything. I do want to make one distinction though. From what I have seen, it is actually rather abnormal and unnatural for an INFJ to have a strong J. The reason is most INFJ's are extremely dependent upon their Ni (whether or not is used well doesn't effect this either), and as Fe only delivers solidity to something until it accepts things based upon certain requirements, it more or less caues Ni to rule quite a number of processes. Most of those processes by their nature are perceiving in nature. As such, many INFJ's have a low J score usually. A very high J score is usually limited to TJ and SJ types due to how Te and Si function. I myself have a really high J score, and it is largely due to how I use Si and Te. Which is diametricly opposed to Ni and Fe so it really shouldn't happen, but it can and does.

Going over into INFP zones is another matter enirely, and I have ignored that here, as it is covered in other threads many times over already.

^^^^
Agreed.

Another point I forgot to address...

Despite the mess, I very much function in a "J" way... If someone springs something on me or otherwise surprises me, I am very much taken aback and it takes a little time for me to figure out how to respond. The people closest to me have learned the "hit-and-run" strategy, and I appreciate it a great deal. I like to know what's going on, preferably ahead of time.

^^^^
Agreed.

Another point I forgot to address...

Despite the mess, I very much function in a "J" way... If someone springs something on me or otherwise surprises me, I am very much taken aback and it takes a little time for me to figure out how to respond. The people closest to me have learned the "hit-and-run" strategy, and I appreciate it a great deal. I like to know what's going on, preferably ahead of time.

I remember being 4 months pregnant with my second child, and finding out that there was going to be a whole ton of people showing up in 2 hours for my surprise 30th birthday party. At first I was just blank, then it hit... I got so stressed out that my family had to cancel it! :(

Last edited:
I clean in the way that reflects what I'm dealing with, and when I'm done I feel better about both. I like things to be well-organized so that I can live up to what I want to be, but I leave my bed unmade so that I feel comfortable with myself and my room, and so it's not about living up to some external expectations or the fulfillment of being perfect. I would feel uncomfortable with either. Cleaning is just the external way of dealing with the internal for me, and the physical activity helps me get rid of the stress.

hmm..
as far as J-ness are concerned...how about..control? not necessarily in outer life / inner life, but more about....expectations. I think expectations, hopes, and ideals are Fe territory, as opposed to Te's goals, plans, and blueprints. And if by any chance it includes 'having a clean room', 'mastering Japanese in a month', or 'getting rid of a certain pest', so be it.

It's just the way I see it, we rarely have a 'fixed' goal (at least in others' eyes.) I kinda think us INFJs are kinda vague compared to Te user (TJs come to mind first) but hell if we're any less stubborn, persevere, and focused than they are.

And I totally agreed to Solar Empath's post;
I think this is key. Since our J function is Auxiliary and Fe, our drive to organize is directly related to how much we value something emotionally. If we feel little about it then we will do little to build it, organize it or maintain it. If we care a lot then we can get extremely involved in taking care of it.

So I guess the key to unlocking your J is to build up genuine emotional value for the thing.
Hence our focusing to sometimes, the point of overplanning or overthinking or extremely rigid schedules, with an undying will and determination. And hence, related to others, we may seem controlling or demanding.

I don't think it's bad, it's just it has side effects... >_>

Last edited: