The "J" in INFJ | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

The "J" in INFJ

If your "J" function order is Te > Fe >Ti > Fi, this would suggest that Fe and Ti are midpoints between your Te and Fi.

Have you looked at INTJ Forum to see if you 'click' more over there? It might be a good litmus.

Like I told Restraint once, I'm pretty certain I have a soul. It's very... cold there. I definitely don't fit in with the other kids :p

That would make sense. S types are more plugged into the here and now; doesn't seem like they have much opportunity to be living in their head.

You know what else I've been wondering? Does the quality of your vision have a small role to play in this? I imagine that if your vision has drastically weakened, would your reliance on Se tend to plummet?

Mind you, I've demonstrated ADD symptoms during my period of depression... during which my Se was just absolute crap with the added effects of derealization. That was also around the time when I realized I needed glasses...

Strange segue-way here, sorry.

Considering you have had ADD symptoms, that's not an especially strange thing. Also you have a very strong Ni and pick up on things you couldn't otherwise.

You might be surprised to know that I worked at an Optometry college for a few years, very closely with their Vision Therapy department on a study that was working on the link between ADD and VT. The findings were very interesting. Children with ADD who did not have physical vision problems benifited almost as much from Vision Therapy, which focuses on the psychology of vision, as children who had visual disorders. Vision is much more than half psychological, and these practices greatly opened my eyes (pardon the terribly intentional pun) to the possibility that N dominance, and more specifically S deficiencies, are highly related to ADD, and may even be the cause.

Eek, really? What have you tried?

Adderall and Stratera. However, the Stratera didn't help at all, and only made me feel like my head was in a fish bowl. Adderall (4 hour, not the time release) works amazingly for me and most of my friends. We've all noticed that our emotions get highly 'cut and dried' when it is active. However, the side effect is that when the Adderall wears off, we become extremely irritable, until the emotions come back online.

Yay! Sometimes I'm useful :D

You're always useful! You're one of my favorite people on these forums!

Like I told Restraint once, I'm pretty certain I have a soul. It's very... cold there. I definitely don't fit in with the other kids :p

True facts. Though you do remind me a lot of two of my three female INTJ friends, I think you're an INFJ who's had to rely a lot on your Fe and Ti pair, and probably had a fair amount of Te influence in your life. Your Te seems a lot less genuine and fluent than it does a hybrid of opinion followed quickly by detailed logic (Fe and Ti). You've probably been in situations that have forced you to lean more on that pairing recently, which is causing your function preference scores to imply it. I really feel that warm INFJ vibe from you, more than the strong focused INTJ vibe that is also there.

Last edited:
I know this might have already been asked Von, but I saw a thread in which a member stated we were less prone to ADD because were were ''IJ'S'' is this true? I seem to have a lot of the ADD symptoms in which I am easily distracted, get lost in thought and my surroundings and can sometimes act impulsively though it's not usually my nature.

I know this might have already been asked Von, but I saw a thread in which a member stated we were less prone to ADD because were were ''IJ'S'' is this true? I seem to have a lot of the ADD symptoms in which I am easily distracted, get lost in thought and my surroundings and can sometimes act impulsively though it's not usually my nature.

In my experience, that's exactly false.

The people I know with the most severe cases of ADD are myself (INFJ) and two INTJs a male and a female. I know a fair amount of ENTPs and ENFPs who suffer from the condition, as well as a few INFPs and INTPs who have notable symptoms, but the Ni dominants have it on this one, followed by the Ne dominants.

Granted, not all N types suffer from ADD. I don't want to imply that. However the connection with N type population is very apparent.

Whoever stated this likely has a very strong Si or Se, is a mistyped S type, or doesn't understand how ADD functions. Likely some or all the above.

Last edited:
Von Hase, if what you are saying about ADD is true, then Vicky Jo's site is wrong! She wrote on her site that she's never known an INFJ who claims to suffer from ADD. She thought that suspecting or having ADD means that one is much more likely an INFP than an INFJ.

Here are her thoughts on the matter:
http://www.infjorinfp.com/docs/ADD.htm

Last edited:
Von Hase, if what you are saying about ADD is true, then Vicky Jo's site is wrong! She wrote on her site that she's never known an INFJ who claims to suffer from ADD. She thought that suspecting or having ADD means that one is much more likely an INFP than an INFJ.

Here are her thoughts on the matter:
http://www.infjorinfp.com/docs/ADD.htm

Vicky Jo is well intentioned, but by no means an expert or a psychology professional. (And I really think she should join these forums so she can get feedback from such a large pool of us.)

But, whether she realizes it or not, Vicky Jo agreed with me here.

Even though "ADD" could be a euphemism for "preferring to use a perceiving process in the external world."
This is exactly what Ni dominant people (INFJs and INTJs) do. We just do it with Ni. (However, this is not the case with Si and Se dominant people, proving my point that her opinions on this subject are not especially well thought out... something we INFJs are very prone to do.)

Again, I'm not saying that Ni or Ne dominance are causes of ADD, or that if you are Ni or Ne dominant, you're going to develop the condition. I am simply saying that they are primary factors in the development of the condition. There are more people in the world with all the risk factors for heart disease than those that ever develop it. However, risk factors are the way to bet.

Oddly enough, myself and my INTJ friends did not know we suffered from this condition until much later in life. ADD is a perceptually based condition, and as such leaves the subject without a basis for comparison. We were all shocked to realize how many of our friends and family members 'knew this all along' and even more shocked by how severe our test results were.

Finally, Vicky Jo is describing ADHD, which is the limbic system based version of the disorder I am attributing to Ne. ADD is a notably different condition with a different, though overlapping, set of symptoms. On the subject of ADHD, Vivky Jo is also agreeing with me.

Last edited:
Most of you have already likely gathered this, but my J is very strong. I have very few P traits. What it really comes down to, is I am nearly obsessed with being able to explain the reason behind anything and everything. If I am unable to explain or understand something, I become very stressed out, irratated, and annoyed. I have to have some kind of understand of the things going on around me. If I am not allowed to do this, I freak.

I am also really organized, I have my scedule clearly laid out day by day (and I become quite rigid with it too, I get pissed if someone throws a monkey wrench into my plans), I make lists for everything, cross them out while I do them. I know where everything is, and I throw a FIT if I loose or misplace anything. I don't often make big messes. I will have clothes on my floor at times, but it never gets too far beyond that.

In a nutshell, I need order to everything, and so god help me I will make order!

[YOUTUBE]Mbb2cnt7DL0[/YOUTUBE]

Vicky Jo is well intentioned, but by no means an expert or a psychology professional. (And I really think she should join these forums so she can get feedback from such a large pool of us.)

But, whether she realizes it or not, Vicky Jo agreed with me here.

This is exactly what Ni dominant people (INFJs and INTJs) do. We just do it with Ni. (However, this is not the case with Si and Se dominant people, proving my point that her opinions on this subject are not especially well thought out... something we INFJs are very prone to do.)

Again, I'm not saying that Ni or Ne dominance are causes of ADD, or that if you are Ni or Ne dominant, you're going to develop the condition. I am simply saying that they are primary factors in the development of the condition. There are more people in the world with all the risk factors for heart disease than those that ever develop it. However, risk factors are the way to bet.

Oddly enough, myself and my INTJ friends did not know we suffered from this condition until much later in life. ADD is a perceptually based condition, and as such leaves the subject without a basis for comparison. We were all shocked to realize how many of our friends and family members 'knew this all along' and even more shocked by how severe our test results were.

Finally, Vicky Jo is describing ADHD, which is the limbic system based version of the disorder I am attributing to Ne. ADD is a notably different condition with a different, though overlapping, set of symptoms. On the subject of ADHD, Vivky Jo is also agreeing with me.

Do you know of any ADD tests online Von?

I've thought for a long time I might had a hint of it.

Also Von how do you keep focused and able to get stuff done.

Thats a huge problem for me staying in the here and now and getting stuff done.

Last edited:
Results of your
Adult ADHD Quiz

[FONT=arial,helvetica]You scored a total of[/FONT] [FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=+2] 27 [/SIZE][/FONT]

Based upon your responses to this adult ADHD screening quiz, you appear to be suffering from adult a attention deficit disorder. People who have answered similarly to you typically qualify for a diagnosis of ADHD or ADD and have sought professional treatment for this disorder.

You should not take this as a diagnosis of any sort, or a recommendation for treatment. However, it would be advisable and likely beneficial for you to seek further diagnosis from a trained mental health professional immediately

lol.........

adhd_serious.gif

Results of your
Adult ADHD Quiz

[FONT=arial,helvetica]You scored a total of[/FONT] [FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=+2] 11 [/SIZE][/FONT]

You have answered this self-report questionnaire in such a way as to suggest that you do not likely currently suffer from an attention deficit disorder. You should not take this as a diagnosis or recommendation for treatment in any way, though. You experience the normal ups and downs of life.

----

One question I could have answered totally different. The fidgiting thing. I am ALWAYS moving. It's totally subconscious though, I don't do it on purpose and therefore I said I don't because I don't do it out of bordedom or unease. It's autonomic and I have done this since I was a small child.

I'm getting likley and suffering from. Damn thats not good.

Last edited:
When my sister and I were little, one of our teachers told our mom that we probably had ADHD.

She told them that we were kids and that she needed to learn how to deal with curiosity :B

I don't think I have ADD or ADHD. But I do think I have a very active Ni, and that I like seeing and learning about lots of things, and some things are just plain boring :D

Yeah, yeah, I know.....my Mom is probably ADHD, but she doesn't like labels and she wouldn't admit to it (she's an ESTP, if it's any consolation)

You scored a total of 17

Based upon your responses to this adult ADHD screening quiz, you appear to be suffering from adult a attention deficit disorder. People who have answered similarly to you typically qualify for a diagnosis of ADHD or ADD and have sought professional treatment for this disorder.

You should not take this as a diagnosis of any sort, or a recommendation for treatment. However, it would be advisable and likely beneficial for you to seek further diagnosis from a trained mental health professional immediately.

Last edited:
Building on what flux said, Fe is not as structured as Te, but the Ni Fe combo is what really makes it for INFJs.
Firstly, our judging function is second, so it's not as strongly expressed. When alone, such as in our room, it's not as active, so we don't concentrate on our judging function as our primary Ni. In other words, we get lost in our heads with Ni and our room gets messy...

Holy craps! It's starting to make sense! I have to CARE about something before Fe helps me be organized about it.

I have ALL KINDS of ADD traits. I've never bothered to be tested, though, as I'd much rather learn to deal with it on my own. I hate labels, and I hate having to rely on drugs.

On that note... I've just taken the above-mentioned quiz. I scored 20! I appear to be suffering from - ooh! Pretty butterfly! :D

So, my question is this: Do INFJs need to somehow convince/train themselves to care about something before we'll be organized about it? How can I go about increasing my emotional investment in something to help me be organized better?

Also: Question 4 on that quiz says "When you have a task that requires a lot of thought, how often do you avoid or delay getting started?" This has been me since birth. What is this indicative of? What are the associated cognitive functions? How can I work on this?

EDIT: I'm actually on the forum right now because I'm procrastinating something rather important... *sheepish grin*

Holy craps! It's starting to make sense! I have to CARE about something before Fe helps me be organized about it.

I have ALL KINDS of ADD traits. I've never bothered to be tested, though, as I'd much rather learn to deal with it on my own. I hate labels, and I hate having to rely on drugs.

On that note... I've just taken the above-mentioned quiz. I scored 20! I appear to be suffering from - ooh! Pretty butterfly! :D

So, my question is this: Do INFJs need to somehow convince/train themselves to care about something before we'll be organized about it? How can I go about increasing my emotional investment in something to help me be organized better?

Also: Question 4 on that quiz says "When you have a task that requires a lot of thought, how often do you avoid or delay getting started?" This has been me since birth. What is this indicative of? What are the associated cognitive functions? How can I work on this?

EDIT: I'm actually on the forum right now because I'm procrastinating something rather important... *sheepish grin*

haha lmao..Im procrastinating as well..I'm avoiding my computer programming hw because I can't simply concentrate!!it's giving me a headache doing so much detailed work which I hate..

Heh. I'm always procrastinating. Even with stuff I like I procrastinate. :p