The Hobbit: Official thread - book and film | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

The Hobbit: Official thread - book and film

I just hope they keep it somewhat whimsical and don't go too heavy on the dark atmosphere that follows in LOTR. A good part of the charm of The Hobbit comes from how much more lighthearted it was imho.

The Silmarillion would be a hell of an undertaking, but hey, multiple releases, extended version = franchise longevity.

[nerd out] Huon vs Carcaroth ftw! [/nerd out]

I read an article on how they are shooting the entire films at 48fps instead of 24, in an attempt to get the standard use of higher frame rates, in cinema and digital representation, pushed.

It'll be interested to see what it looks like. Apparently they've done tests to show that 60 frames per second is the most natural rate for human's and that it is more relaxing.

??

I found where Peter Jackson posted his first video blog and watched the first 4 minutes or so. He walks around the sets from LOTR talking (in that cool accent) about how strange it feels to be back seeing it since it's been 10 years or more.
Theme music from LOTR was playing and changed accordingly when he moved from set to set.
I was surprised at how the music really moved me (again) and I smiled.

Hot dang I'm getting excited!!!!!:m200:

This popped up on my facebook.

ORLANDO BLOOM JOINS THE CAST OF "THE HOBBIT"
by The Hobbit on Friday, May 27, 2011 at 12:25pm
Director Peter Jackson has confirmed that Orlando Bloom will reprise the role of the Legolas—the role he played in “The Lord of the Rings” trilogy—in the epic two-part screen adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien’s “The Hobbit,” now filming in New Zealand.

"10 years on, I’m thrilled to be working with Orlando again. I look older – he doesn’t! Orlando created an iconic character with his portrayal of Legolas, and we’re excited to be revisiting Middle Earth with him once more."

The adventure of “The Hobbit” follows the journey of title character Bilbo Baggins, who is swept into an epic quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor from the fearsome dragon Smaug.

The screenplays for “The Hobbit” films are by Fran Walsh, Philippa Boyens, Guillermo del Toro and Peter Jackson. Jackson is also producing the films, together with Fran Walsh and Carolynne Cunningham. The executive producers are Ken Kamins and Zane Weiner, with Philippa Boyens serving as co-producer.

“The Hobbit” films are productions of New Line Cinema and MGM, with New Line managing production. Warner Bros Pictures is handling worldwide theatrical distribution, with select international territories aswell as all international television licensing being handled by MGM.

Reactions: Nixie

Attachments

• Richard-Armitage-Thorin_510.jpg
    Richard-Armitage-Thorin_510.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 0
I KNEW! :p

[MENTION=2578]Kgal[/MENTION] - feel free to come and visit, hehe :-D

Thinking of starting a Hobbit or Tolkien bookclub *ponders*

Thinking of starting a Hobbit or Tolkien bookclub *ponders*

Actually I was thinking of reading The Hobbit again. Have you read it?

Actually I was thinking of reading The Hobbit again. Have you read it?

I''m halfway through it. I keep telling myself to finish it so that when the movie comes out, I can compare. [MENTION=2578]Kgal[/MENTION]

I''m halfway through it. I keep telling myself to finish it so that when the movie comes out, I can compare. @Kgal

Makes sense to me.
I haven't read it in a long time. Guess I better get started. I am soooooo excited about the movie. :m161:

Not following the buzz or any trailers - usually low expectations help for a movie to actually affect me when I finally see it. My only tiny hope is that they include Beorn, but I had similar hope to see Tom Bombadil in LOTR... Last thing I heard was that Peter Jackson himself took the project, which I thought was good news overall.

Ahh I am excited to see the Hobit but I do wish they would make a TV show for the Silmarillion. Still my single favorite book of all time despite it covering so many stories. In fact I would like it if HBO to the Silmarillion like they have done the "Game of Thrones". Twas would be amazing!

[video=youtube;G0k3kHtyoqc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0k3kHtyoqc&feature=g-logo&context=G2ca1697FOAAAAAAABAA[/video]

I can't even tell you how excited I am for this. The movie needs to come out NOW.

Reactions: Gaze
I loved the book. I'm definitely going to see the movie.

I can't wait for this either. It's like an old friend returning. I must say one thing that surprised me though was the decision to make Thorin Oaksheild so young. He's definitely older in the book. It may not make a difference, but right now when I watch the trailer is seems a bit odd in my mind. Anyhow, I'm sure they did another wonderful job and I am curious as to what material was added by PJ and company to stretch this into two movies as I've read they did.

I'm working my way through the book so that when I see the film, I can really appreciate it.