The Hobbit: Official thread - book and film | INFJ Forum

The Hobbit: Official thread - book and film

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
So, the films is coming out next year i think. I have read half the book, and look forward to finishing it.

But post any and all thougths, comments, here about the books, previous, or upcoming films, etc.

Or how you think it will or should be handled compared to the Lord of the Rings

The+Hobbit+Movie.jpg

Been following the movie buzz for a long while.

I read The Hobbit when I was young, twas awesome.

Been following the movie buzz for a long while.

I read The Hobbit when I was young, twas awesome.

Yeah, i'm enjoying it. I was reading it, misplaced it, then suddenly found it today. :D

I have read both Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit several times. I am really looking forward to the film. From what I understand they've finally settled their issues with filming in NZ so that should be starting soon. I also believe they've selected their cast, though I haven't looked into that just yet. I am sure there will be a lot of unknowns playing the characters, but that's fine by me.

I think they're also doing it in 2 parts, and thank goodness for that. There's just so much to the book that I'd love to see on film and I don't think they could do it justice in only a 2.5 to 3 hour movie.

Reactions: Gaze
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WckpBnpZ0M0"]YouTube - BBC Radio - The Hobbit - Episode 1 Part 1[/ame]

Oh my. I was forced to read this in 9th grade and probably would have enjoyed it more if it wasn't forced.

I had to read it in 9th grade for school too which is when I fell in love with it. There's never been a book I was assigned that I didn't like. I hated Jude the Obscure in high school though and then read it again in college and fell in love.

My sister read it to me when I was little. While ok, The Hobbit is still clearly inferior to the Lord of the Rings, which is in turn far inferior to The Silmirilion.

This could be epic, can't wait to see Beorn kicking some arse.

I hope that they don't focus much at all on the white council/necromancer business, it detracts from the main story.

My sister read it to me when I was little. While ok, The Hobbit is still clearly inferior to the Lord of the Rings, which is in turn far inferior to The Silmirilion.

You know, i have a sneaky feeling that after they finished with the Hobbit, the next big Tolkien film franchise will be the Silmarilion. I haven't read it but if they make the film, i will read it. *fingers crossed*

A good movie or tv series would be Aragorn's life pre-LOTR:

"
When Aragorn was only two years old, his father was killed while pursuing Orcs.

From 2957 to 2980, Aragorn undertook great journeys, serving in the armies of King Thengel of Rohan (King Th

Reactions: Kgal
A good movie or tv series would be Aragorn's life pre-LOTR:

"
When Aragorn was only two years old, his father was killed while pursuing Orcs.

From 2957 to 2980, Aragorn undertook great journeys, serving in the armies of King Thengel of Rohan (King Th

While the Lord of the Rings is one book in three volumes, the Silmarillion is five books in one volume. It would be really weird for one movie to try to cover the Ainulindal

Definitely agree, which is why I took a name of one of the Valier as my screen name. :)

I had to read it in 9th grade for school too which is when I fell in love with it. There's never been a book I was assigned that I didn't like. I hated Jude the Obscure in high school though and then read it again in college and fell in love.

I think I succumbed to peer pressure. Like you, I would probably love it if I read it today and in fact I just might do that :p

While the entire Silmarillion wouldn't translate into movie very well, I would love to see Beren and Luthien's theft of one of [MENTION=2635]Melkor[/MENTION]'s silmarillions.

Eww I stepped in Nerd...

Joking! I am watching the Extended version of the LOR right now (again). I can't wait to see the Hobbit.

A few of my older sisters mates are working on it at Weta workshop at the moment. I'll have to go down some time and ask them how its going.