The Forum "Get Ready for Summer 2010" Fit Club. | INFJ Forum

The Forum "Get Ready for Summer 2010" Fit Club.

sassafras

Jun 17, 2009
MBTI
Hey everyone,

It's mid-April and that means summer is just around the corner. I don't know about you guys, but I'm completely struggling with my fitness goals this year and I wouldn't mind a bit of company on my quest for a trim swimsuit body. I was hoping to start a fit club here on the forums to help myself and other like-minded people to get motivated and meet their goals.

I do have a (healthy) diet and exercise regime in mind that I can share with you folks and if you so choose, you can come along for the journey with me day by day. Or you can post your own ideas and follow whatever plan works best for you. It's entirely up to you.

The way I envision this club working is it being a daily logbook to help us stay accountable. Everyone states their goal for the day and follows up with how well they stuck to the plan (and explain themselves if they didn't) in order to stay accountable.

I was thinking of the log book looking something like this:

Example (Feel Free to Come Up with Your Own Goal Form) said:
Daily Goals
Caloric Intake: 1,300 calories
Sugar Intake: 30g or less
Indulgence of the Day: 1/2 cup canned peaches

Exercise: 1/2 hour on treadmill, 3.5 mph pace
Weight Sets: Upper Body ( 3x15 reps for biceps, triceps, shoulders, deltoids, etc, etc, etc).

Daily Goals Accomplished:

Caloric Intake: 1,530 cal
Sugar Intake: 55 g
Why: I caved and got a double fudge brownie at Starbucks. :/
What are you going to do differently tomorrow to correct the problem: I'm going to avoid coffee shops.

Exercise: 20 minutes on treadmill, 3.5 mph pace
Weight Sets: Didn't do
Why: I was tired at the end of my work day and feeling lazzzzy.
What are you going to do differently tomorrow to correct the problem: Just suck it up.

The club's secondary goals are self-discipline and will power, and discovering how you're holding yourself back. So this bootcamp does have a bit of a psychological element to it. I'm thinking of making this a twenty-one day program to give it a nice deadline to keep everyone in line.

Here are a few guidelines to follow:

• Once you're in, you're in. You can't just follow it one day, and then forget about it the next day. This is about commitment!
    sneaking.gif
  • You'll be posting up your goal sheet, along with a summary of your daily accomplishments at the end of each day. You do not have to do status updates every time you complete an item on your itinerary, although feel free to do so if you feel it helps you. Just make sure you're editing your post for the day, not posting a completely new post each time. We don't want to clutter up the forums!
    scrapbooksmiley.gif
  • On the other hand, if you're really struggling through your goals that particular day or you have a question about your regime, feel free to write a post about it. The rest of us will be more than willing to offer support (Step AWAY from the left over Easter Chocolates!)
    schokoboxsmiley.gif
  • Every day, there will be a new question or thought to meditate on. Try to answer these questions as honesty and thoroughly as you can; they're created to keep your head in the game and keep you motivated.
    checkemail.gif

So, who'd like to commit to something like this? I'm thinking of starting this Thursday (a nice, arbitrary day)...

Last edited:
I think this is a fabulous idea...I have no idea, however to count calories of the foods I cook...I cook for 7 people...I dont eat much, but i really dont have a clue...

I work out as much as my body can take right now,

I want to, but I dont know if I can commit...
Tips? Tricks?

this would be brilliant,i was just thinking about it today...ill seriously consider it if it goes ahead just have to make a bit of a plan as to what i wish to achieve! nice one :)

Reactions: Flavus Aquila
I think this is a fabulous idea...I have no idea, however to count calories of the foods I cook...I cook for 7 people...I dont eat much, but i really dont have a clue...

I work out as much as my body can take right now,

I want to, but I dont know if I can commit...
Tips? Tricks?

I know I'm not the only one here with some fitness and diet know-how. I can prepare a quick custom plan for anyone who wants it :)

I know I'm not the only one here with some fitness and diet know-how. I can prepare a quick custom plan for anyone who wants it :)

You know what, THat would be kind of awesome...I dont even know where to start...I bought a book that is supposed to help with my Hypothyroidism...it has diet tips, and recipies, but the food is always so expensive...And where the heck am I going to store a quarter of a bison? (the say for thyroid issues, you should eat a more dense protein...hence the bison)

I would need it to be economical. WE dont eat badly, but we dont always eat that well...

I'm in. Gotta get on to more vegetables and unprocessed foods. Looking forward to the benefits!

:D I'm actually doing this already.

My diet is rather...different, but it's working. It's the Curves plan that comes in three phases, but I work out five days for 30 minutes using the fitness machines (combo of weights and cardio) for 30 minutes.

I'm only eating lean proteins (including low fat milk products and eggs), veggies, fruits, and occasional whole grains. I feel a lot better and the scale's moved a bit - and I need it considering some of the stress I've been under. So, I'm with ya. I might not be bikini ready in Summer, but I'll be a lot healthier. :D

This is so up my alley, I'm totally in!:m088:

Well... I do need to bring back my 6 pack...:m083:

Sounds like a great idea, however, I don't exercise lol. I have been wanting to buy a treadmill for several months, maybe it's time I ought to!

You know what, THat would be kind of awesome...I dont even know where to start...I bought a book that is supposed to help with my Hypothyroidism...it has diet tips, and recipies, but the food is always so expensive...And where the heck am I going to store a quarter of a bison? (the say for thyroid issues, you should eat a more dense protein...hence the bison)

I would need it to be economical. WE dont eat badly, but we dont always eat that well...

I'd like to try this :)

Thx TD.

All right ladies, what I'll need you to do is pm me with details about your current eating & exercise habits. I'd like to know what you are comfortable doing now and what you would ideally like to work up to. I'd also like to know what you goals are, what tools you have access to (ie: gym membership, treadmill in the basement, dumb-bells, etc.), what foods you absolutely cannot live without, and any other special considerations. I'll give you guys some ideas about how to start slow :)

All right ladies, what I'll need you to do is pm me with details about your current eating & exercise habits. I'd like to know what you are comfortable doing now and what you would ideally like to work up to. I'd also like to know what you goals are, what tools you have access to (ie: gym membership, treadmill in the basement, dumb-bells, etc.), what foods you absolutely cannot live without, and any other special considerations. I'll give you guys some ideas about how to start slow :)

You got it! You are the bestest!

I just ate 6 peanut brownies.

Tomorrow I'll aim for 7.

I'm in. Will come up with goals in the AM. <3

Damn...I wanna join the club, and I've been working hard on my fitness (lost 25 lbs since New Years) but I am no where near as organized as you....hehe. :p
I'd love to be, but I feel like my life is too hectic. Bein an art student keeps ya hoppin.

I really don't think I can count calories- so much work.
And I don't have the money for weights to lift, or for a gym membership. :/

Can't we just live and then go to the beach and don't care about this stuff. I think we can. :) Your beaches must be very opinionated if they tell you how your body should look. What if they told you that only those Avatar bodies are good bodies. MJ skin-change to blue :p

if you have time to help that would be great,i dont even know where to start...like some of the others im concerned about financial implications and access to excercise equipment(but i figure this can be over come by walking in the morning or at night,which is free but maybe not as effective in all "problem areas" ;) )

can I join?!?!?!? :) :)

except I don't really take note of my daily calorie intake and whatever bwahahha I don't really don't want to get that detailed ahahahaha

well it's summer now... it's summer here :) since March 17 :) :)

I do have a lot of goals :) :) :)