The Forum "Get Ready for Summer 2010" Fit Club. | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

The Forum "Get Ready for Summer 2010" Fit Club.

DIET
No:
- Manufactured carbs (bread, chips, crackers, cookies, pasta... anything similar to these things... except maybe a slice of Ezekiel bread occasionally)
- Processed foods (ice cream, lunch meats etc)
- Sugar - if it's got added sugar, I'm not eating it. If it needs some sweet, I'll put a little splenda on it

That's pretty much what all that I'm not eating. Here's what I -am- eating:
- Lean Proteins - chicken, fish, lean beef, turkey, shrimp, eggs, FF cottage cheese
- Fibrous green veggies - broccoli, spinach, avodados, celery, peppers, cauliflower.. you get the idea
- Good carbs! - oatmeal, black beans, rice, tomatoes, onions, fresh fruits (apples and berries mostly)

Acceptable condiments: FF sour cream, FF cream cheese, FF whipped cream (for smoothies and berries!), salsa, mustard, spices and herbs

I try and keep my cals at about 1800. Protein no less than 150g, and fat at or around 50-70g. Carbs at a minimum unless they come from any of the green veggies I listed.

Sounds like mine too. This is the perfect plan with a little more details (except I stay away from the sour and whipped cream).

Sounds like mine too. This is the perfect plan with a little more details (except I stay away from the sour and whipped cream).

Same...I use skim milk if I use milk at all...or almond milk. Along with 1% cottage cheese and lowfat cheeses. I did cheat today with one Dove milk chocolate heart (38 calories! Man, those are calorie packed...).

Those of you with Wii fit's should be giving each other your console numbers....

Those of you with Wii fit's should be giving each other your console numbers....

oooh I gots it...how do you do this console number business

WOOT WOOT! We start tomorrow. Who is excited?! :D :D :D

I'll be posting a separate thread for week one. :)

oooh I gots it...how do you do this console number business

From the Wii menu, go to the little envelope icon on the bottom left of the screen. From there choose the second little icon on the bottom right (should be a 'Create Message' pop up when the pointer touches it). When you open up the address book you'll see a screen telling you 'This Wii Console Number is....." followed by a huge number.

You can send messages Wii to Wii from here (or so I am told).

I agree - the sour cream and whipped cream are a bit of a compromise. But when it comes down to "do I rip into my roommate's box of cereal which is loaded with processed carbs and HFCS or do I make a berry smoothie with whey protein and mix in a spoon or two of fat free whipped cream to add a little creaminess..." ... it's a little things like that that make all the difference.

Suddenly a blah smoothie or a blah can of tuna (with FF sour cream, not FF whipped cream) becomes endurable.

I've been onthis diet more or less for two years, so I've had to get creative in order to not get board and start cheating. And frankly, if you could see me, I think you'd agree that a little FF sour/whipped cream doesn't hurt at all ;)

I agree - the sour cream and whipped cream are a bit of a compromise. But when it comes down to "do I rip into my roommate's box of cereal which is loaded with processed carbs and HFCS or do I make a berry smoothie with whey protein and mix in a spoon or two of fat free whipped cream to add a little creaminess..." ... it's a little things like that that make all the difference.

Suddenly a blah smoothie or a blah can of tuna (with FF sour cream, not FF whipped cream) becomes endurable.

I've been onthis diet more or less for two years, so I've had to get creative in order to not get board and start cheating. And frankly, if you could see me, I think you'd agree that a little FF sour/whipped cream doesn't hurt at all ;)

Oh no, Wyst, I wasn't trying to put you on the spot to explain yourself about that. lol. I'm sure whatever your reasons for it, well, they're good reasons. Besides generally having a high fat content, I also know how my body reacts when I consume too much dairy, which is why I generally avoid it :)

Oh no, Wyst, I wasn't trying to put you on the spot to explain yourself about that. lol. I'm sure whatever your reasons for it, well, they're good reasons. Besides generally having a high fat content, I also know how my body reacts when I consume too much dairy, which is why I generally avoid it :)

Gotcha.. Yeah.. I try to avoid the fat too. That's why it's all FF stuff (fat free).

I highly recommend Clean Eating magazine. It has great recipes and each issue has a two week menu plan and shopping list that is really easy to follow.

I also recommend packing your food for the day each morning. I got a great japanese bento style lunch container. I pack my breakfast, lunch and snacks so I never get hungry and I never have to stop to pick up junk food.

I also recommend packing your food for the day each morning. I got a great japanese bento style lunch container. I pack my breakfast, lunch and snacks so I never get hungry and I never have to stop to pick up junk food.

^This is key. When the munchies attack and you don't have something clean ready to go.. you're in trouble.

I am leaving this list for some reason. Sorry. I am unable to create a link with you all for this subject.