The Forum "Get Ready for Summer 2010" Fit Club. | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

The Forum "Get Ready for Summer 2010" Fit Club.

Goal Sheet for 4/13/2010:

Drink 8 glasses of water (do not drink soda!)
Work out for at least 30 minutes (concentrate on arms and cardio)
Spend an hour outside being active (this will help with the acquiring of a tan)

I will make at least 3 goals a day.

All right, just a reminder, we start with our goals tomorrow. (I'm still putting together some tips and tricks for Janet, so I will pm that to you later this afternoon darling!) However, if people don't feel ready yet, we can extend the start date to Saturday.

Here's the list of participants:

Entyqua
dneecey
Liv
Neverami
Riven
Janet
Restraint
SoulSeeker

The list of people who showed interest, but I'm not sure if they're in or not:

Arbygil
Jack
Middle1
Crabby Lil Me

Let me know if you're in, folks!

I'm in. :m123:

Oh GOOD! I didn't get to go outside yesterday and I was so upset at myself. But we start tomorrow officially, sweet! Now I can just feel like I'm pregaming. :) *phew*

I drank half a soda yesterday too. :(

Mini goal sheet of the day: Drink 8 glasses of water - NO SODA
Go outside for an hour, be active: ie. run around with the kids.
Workout for 30 minutes : cardio and legs

i had a cookie today...:m033:

I am excited to start! I have a good idea of what I will be doing! Thanks to TDHT...:D

I'm doing it my way, but I'll put my goals on here. It's one way to keep me honest.

I also use www.fitday.com to log my calories now, to make sure I'm eating the right things...everyone should keep a food diary log!

I do have an app for my phone that helps log calories...I will try to use it...Gotta put it back on though...and remember hehe

Another awesome site for logging calories is the about.com calorie counter. What I really love about this site is that it put together a little pie-graph for you, showing you the break down of what calories you're getting from fat, sugar, protein, carbs, fiber, etc and then awards you with a grade. lol. It always make me want to stick to being an A+ student of nutrition. It also helps you log your exercise, chart your progress in inches lost or weight loss, and charts out a plan that is long term.

It completely appeals to my Te-side. lol

Plus, it looks pretty too.

There is also a good calorie counter at livestrong.com. It has a lot of really good tips too. Definitely worth checking out. :)

Great Club TDHT! I am joining!!:m027:

I started on a regime about 2 month ago. My goal for the summer is to reduce body fat by 2%, get leaner, stronger and more flexible. I am 5'7 and weigh around 135-140 which is ideal body weight/fat ratio according to the MBI index

So far my workout schedule as follows:

Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays - I do high intensity kickboxing bootcamp style at my gym- I burn around 450-500 per session.

Tuesdays/Thursdays and sometimes Sundays - I usually do yoga for stretching, flexibility and toning.

I give myself one to two days rest depending on how I feel that week.

I eat everything in moderation. I don't count calories, instead I count body fat and saturated fats on food labels. I try to control sugar and carbs that eventually turns into fat when eaten in excess.

Food is mostly psychological so I try to have tactics to control my mind. I look at it as a fuel and nothing more. Emotionally thinking of food is problematic and i always have a hard time controlling it because i love food. But there are many substitutes to things. Small changes such as making your own lunch or eating all things fresh and not out of the box really highlights the point of nutrition and not just food as an energy source
I cut out, soda, refined sugars, pastry and deep fried foods and even very sugary fruits.

I do give myself one day of the week to eat whatever i wish - but of course i dont go crazy eating ten donuts. It's all about balance. Exercise may keep you healthy but eating right makes the difference between showing off your hardwork from your exercises and just looking regular.

Last edited:
The long term benefit of eating right far outwieghs the short term benefit of enjoying something unhealthy.

Mental discipline and learning moderation are definitely key.

My eating plan with consist of three square meals and snacks in between. I

Sweet. I'm in too. What do you have to do to participate? Just state your goals and give updates every now and then?

There aren't going to be before and after pics are there... :msith:

Sweet. I'm in too. What do you have to do to participate? Just state your goals and give updates every now and then?

You give updates daily for twenty-one days. Preferably at the end of the day to see how you fared :) Once the twenty-one day stretch is over, we're having a party to celebrate our joint-awesomeness.

There aren't going to be before and after pics are there... :msith:

If you're willing to share, sure. If not, s'ok :)

Oh I missed the bit about the joint party. What are we doing for the party??

Let's get real!

Alright,

Here is the regiment I've been on for about a month. I am a little tempted to post the pic I took when I started.... I'm decidedly.. pasty.

Moving on... to MOVING.
I'm out of the gym for lifting weights - having some chronic neck/back problems that flare up. In the interrim, I'm doing body weight calisethenics in my apartment. Usually my circuit will take me 15-20 min.

It's very straight forward:
50 squats
40 pushups
50 situps
(Repeat twice) - I'm about ready to add a 4th set in.

I'm pain-free enough that I should be able to run (and swim! maybe). This or next week I'll be adding in some form of cardio but I'm still debating what, how much, and if I'll rotate types of cardio.

DIET
No:
- Manufactured carbs (bread, chips, crackers, cookies, pasta... anything similar to these things... except maybe a slice of Ezekiel bread occasionally)
- Processed foods (ice cream, lunch meats etc)
- Sugar - if it's got added sugar, I'm not eating it. If it needs some sweet, I'll put a little splenda on it

That's pretty much what all that I'm not eating. Here's what I -am- eating:
- Lean Proteins - chicken, fish, lean beef, turkey, shrimp, eggs, FF cottage cheese
- Fibrous green veggies - broccoli, spinach, avodados, celery, peppers, cauliflower.. you get the idea
- Good carbs! - oatmeal, black beans, rice, tomatoes, onions, fresh fruits (apples and berries mostly)

Acceptable condiments: FF sour cream, FF cream cheese, FF whipped cream (for smoothies and berries!), salsa, mustard, spices and herbs

I try and keep my cals at about 1800. Protein no less than 150g, and fat at or around 50-70g. Carbs at a minimum unless they come from any of the green veggies I listed.

That sounds suspiciously similar to my diet, Wyst - In fact, that's everything I'm eating right now. And I'm also doing circuit training at my gym of choice (thirty minutes) and the gym includes cardio between lifting sets.

I work out five times a week.

Right now I'm sitting at 1500 calories/day, which will probably alternate soon. My metabolism is seriously out of whack, though, and it's been so for some time. So I'm just waiting for my body to catch up right now. :mhula: