[ENTJ] - The First 2020 Presidential Debate (Biden vs Trump) | Page 12 | INFJ Forum

[ENTJ] The First 2020 Presidential Debate (Biden vs Trump)

Who won the debate?

• Biden.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Trump.

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would you say that when any element swings off too far to one direction there is an equal and opposite adjustment to bring it back in line?

Then would we see more oscillating as the pendulum starts to come to rest into a more stable pattern?

Was there ever a time when presidential debates were actually debates?

Or have they always been *let's just insult, badger, and bully each other* fests?

Yep. I literally posted Obama vs McCain in this thread.

I didn't go through the thread. Just putting my thought aout there. That really wasn't a debate. And that was really horrible moderating.

And I feel like people already knew who they were going to vote for, and I feel that decisions haven't changed since then. I feel like we would've been fine without it; the results would still be the same.

...reality TV at its finest. It's all about entertainment. As @Maikl Jexocuha was stating. Yay!

I think that the fact Trump was able to ridicule Presidential Debate (hence Joe) is a win for him. But I am an Indian, an outsider, so u guys know better

This is how Trump's supporters think. I know too many and all they seem to care about is that childish taunting and the bully scoreboard.

I'm watching first hand, in horror, as my brother (Trump supporter) uses his new found financial power of attorney over my mom's accounts to control her and make her vote his way. While I've told her to not tell him how she's voting, it's nobody's business but hers, she's upset that the one child she fully trusts is doing this. Trump supporters really don't have any respect for others.

Last edited:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-coronavirus-rally-remark/
What's True
During a Feb. 28, 2020, campaign rally in South Carolina, President Donald Trump likened the Democrats' criticism of his administration's response to the new coronavirus outbreak to their efforts to impeach him, saying "this is their new hoax." During the speech he also seemed to downplay the severity of the outbreak, comparing it to the common flu.

What's False
Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax.

You must admit that the man, and how he communicates, is simply unsuited to this level of leadership.
Why?

Because media outlets chop what he says out of context to misrepresent him? How does he have control over that?

Why?

Because media outlets chop what he says out of context to misrepresent him? How does he have control over that?

I agree fully with what you're saying here. There are almost no news networks that are bipartisan anymore and they don't hesitate to jump on the opportunity to make the opponent look bad.

When I question the message (frequently) I look to news sources from outside the US.

That said, Trump has a 3rd grade level of communication. He's just not articulate and never cared to be. He doesn't really care that his message carries correctly either, just that it gets attention.

Why?

They definitely do that, and the 'Proud Boys dog whistle' was an example of that, but he definitely speaks off the cuff with a confusing and dangerous level of imprecision.

Like the bleach thing... if he was 'being sarcastic' or not (and personally I don't think he was), then what the fuck is he doing communicating that to the American public with a straight face? Are people supposed to be able to decipher a sense of humour so dry that it's indistinguishable from sincerity while listening to a press conference on public health from the actual President?

At the very least, it's wildly irresponsible.