Tension from Iraq | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

Tension from Iraq

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

But that would undo all the 'work' of the last few decades in attempting to outcircle Iran in Afghanistan and Iraq in the first place.
love it.
What's annoying here is that the structure of government in the US empowers the executive to ignore long-term strategy at a whim. This is a very very dangerous time for the US's strategic position as the Pax Americana comes to an end, and I don't think positioning someone very impulsive in this short-term executive position is particularly wise.
Elections are horribly inconvenient for the continuation of national policy for decades on end. Yet another reason why democracy is the worst form of government, aside from all the other forms of government.

Now, then, it is not wished that all things should be exposed indiscriminately to all and sundry, or the benefits of wisdom communicated to those who have not even in a dream been purified in soul, (for it is not allowed to hand to every chance comer what has been procured with such laborious efforts); nor are the mysteries of the word to be expounded to the profane.

When read, this is understood by the few. To the many, without understanding of the guise. It was written about scriptures and early writings of philosophers concerning the scriptures.

I take it as a means of understanding how information garnered from history is not freely handed to those who would never understand it.

"And the great Parmenides of Elea is introduced describing thus the teaching of the two ways: --

"The one is the dauntless heart of convincing truth;

The other is in the opinions of men, in whom is no true faith."

So many people have little to no understanding except what they read and see on media. That is why the opinions of the multitudes mean so little to me, because they are not fully informed and cannot be.

So many people have little to no understanding except what they read and see on media. That is why the opinions of the multitudes mean so little to me, because they are not fully informed and cannot be.

A very assumptive and patronizing opinion.

Last edited:
When read, this is understood by the few. To the many, without understanding of the guise. It was written about scriptures and early writings of philosophers concerning the scriptures.

I take it as a means of understanding how information garnered from history is not freely handed to those who would never understand it.

"And the great Parmenides of Elea is introduced describing thus the teaching of the two ways: --

Help me out with this. How this is contributing to the tensions in Iraq?

If you don't understand then you don't know the secret...
not fully informed and cannot be.
you cannot be taught either apparently. ;)

Last edited:

81900455_439885676894497_6778994737249517568_n.jpg

81510720_1321001038068145_3596809504357875712_n.jpg

From NY Times (or was it NY post?):

KYIV, Ukraine — Iran’s stunning admission that its forces errantly downed a Ukrainian jetliner — reversing three days of denial — did little to quell growing fury inside the country and beyond on Saturday as the deadly tragedy turned into a volatile political crisis for Tehran’s leaders and overshadowed their struggle with the United States.

Ukrainian officials criticized Iran’s conduct, suggesting that the Iranians would not have admitted responsibility if investigators from Ukraine had not found evidence of a missile strike in the wreckage of the crash, which killed all 176 people aboard.

Protests erupted in Tehran and other Iranian cities as dumbfounded citizens found a new reason to mistrust Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, Iran’s supreme leader, and other officials. Protest videos even showed some shouting “Khamenei is a murderer!” and anti-riot police tear-gassing violent demonstrators.

President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine, in his first reaction to Iran’s announcement, said his country would “insist on a full admission of guilt” by Tehran. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau of Canada, home to many of those aboard the destroyed jetliner, demanded a “full and complete investigation” and said “Iran must take full responsibility.” Both spoke by phone with President Hassan Rouhani of Iran.
Oh good more protestors for Iran to start shooting in the streets

TEHERAN (AP, REUTERS, BLOOMBERG) - An Iranian Revolutionary Guard commander says his unit accepts "full responsibility" for the accidental shootdown of a Ukrainian passenger plane.

In an address broadcast by state TV on Saturday (Jan 11), General Amir Ali Hajizadeh says that when he learnt about the downing of the plane, which killed all 176 passengers on board, "I wished I were dead".

The troops at the anti-aircraft battery mistook the flight for a cruise missile, though the plane was moving at just over 500 kmh, said the general. Cruise missiles travel at faster speeds.

Gen Hajizadeh said the Guard suggested Teheran should close its airspace as its had "prepared ourselves for an all-out conflict" with the US, though officials took no action.

'Help' is a secret American code word that is similar to another American code word, 'democracy.' 'help' means, we want oil. I'm afraid I can't tell you what 'democracy' means right now. One secret at a time, ya know? But I can give you a hint. It doesn't mean what it means to the rest of the world... You're welcome!

'Help' is a secret American code word that is similar to another American code word, 'democracy.' 'help' means, we want oil. I'm afraid I can't tell you what 'democracy' means right now. One secret at a time, ya know? But I can give you a hint. It doesn't mean what it means to the rest of the world... You're welcome!

:tearsofjoy: Exactly!

I'll tell you what democracy is if you promise not to tell.

Break it down...

Dem|o|cracy

Dem = them
o = all
cracy = crazy

put it together and you've got:

Democracy = Them all crazy

Was it not an attempt to expound on a specific quote? Thought so.

Status
Not open for further replies.