ten bucks says this doesn't work | INFJ Forum

ten bucks says this doesn't work

LOL, that was good!

It didn't work. I'm embarrassed to say how I answered, but I will tell you it ended in FUUUU--!

I accidentally screamed "chicken!"

Last edited:
I've thought of spinach and have no idea why since I don't like it anyway.

But I'd like an explanation why would most people think of a carrot after all that crap with sixes and scrolling?

I said zucchini.

And I want to know that too, siamese cat!

LOL, that was good!

It didn't work. I'm embarrassed to say how I answered, but I will tell you it ended in FUUUU--!

I accidentally screamed "chicken!"

yeah, i was like "uh...uh...uh...i don't know! uh, uh, squash! uh, is that okay?" why i mentally asked myself if that answer was okay i have no idea...

and i have no idea about the psychology/theory behind this. just found it stupidly amusing.

Last edited:
I thought of a carrot.

Heh. I was thinking "cucumber" but said "arugula."

I...have no idea why.

I've thought of spinach and have no idea why since I don't like it anyway.

But I'd like an explanation why would most people think of a carrot after all that crap with sixes and scrolling?

I assume that they think that since you are already thinking of a pre existing idea, the number six, you will think of a six letter vegetable such as carrot. I thought of broccoli myself

Last edited:
i did this like 3 years ago and thought carrott. I was quite shocked.

Lettuce...
interesting. im still wondering why i reacted the way i did lol. It was almost as if someone could have been standing next to me shouting at me: "HURRY UP!! PICK SOMETHING!! HURRY UP ALREADY!!!" heh. anyways.

lettuce is the bomb :D

Haha, I felt rushed to answer too. Vegetable? What's a vegetable? This should be easy, why can't I think of one? And then carrot and broccoli both came to me, and if I hadn't scrolled down I probably would have continued a long list of every vegetable I know. Sadly, I think apple came to mind before carrot did though . . . That's really interesting and fun.

lol actually something similar happened to me..

I was like ''tomato''. wait isn't that a fruit...then kiwi came to mind and I was like hmm hmhmm..later i was like lettuce!!wait...

I thought of a carrot and a cucumber at the same time.

I think it just has something to do with the way our minds work, and that carrots are rather common. I remember some "magic" trick I used to pull on people when I was younger, basically you string people along through a long series of instructions or questions, they get nervous and are concentrating on what they think you might ask them to do next, and then you ask them to write down the first 2 digit number composed of odd numbers that they can think of. I think people almost overwhelmingly always said 35 (or 37). I don't really know why we think in such a way, but I have a feeling this plays on the same principle.

I thought of an eggplant....

I think it just has something to do with the way our minds work, and that carrots are rather common. I remember some "magic" trick I used to pull on people when I was younger, basically you string people along through a long series of instructions or questions, they get nervous and are concentrating on what they think you might ask them to do next, and then you ask them to write down the first 2 digit number composed of odd numbers that they can think of. I think people almost overwhelmingly always said 35 (or 37). I don't really know why we think in such a way, but I have a feeling this plays on the same principle.

I know about this. You ask someone to think of a number between 0 and 50 which has to have both digits odd. Now since you've said both digits, first 10 numbers are not qualified for an answer, last 10 (40-50 because of the 4 in them), 20-30 (because of the 2 in them), for some reason (can't really remember what) people don't think of numbers between 10 and 20, and they are left with 30-40 category where they usually say 35 or 37 and very few remembers that 33 qualifies also (probably because the part of "the both digits" where some people presume falsely that they have to be different digits also). I think that along the line of what I wrote I did hear more about why people say this in connection with how our mind works, hmm will have to find that episode of Wire in the blood.

I shared the same feeling as you did, and had the exact same example in my head when writing my question. :D

I did a more complicated version of this one and I never came out normal-brained. Had to do with choosing animals though. You got the letter E and I choose Emu. The answer was Elephant XD.