Soulmates | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Soulmates

If a Batman story I read 25 years ago is to be trusted, the mate in chess comes from the Persian word meaning death, also -> Spanish matador. Or then Arabic.

So a mate can also be the thing that kills you. That's something to think about.. a soulmate... is the person who's going to devour your soul, it'll be the end of you. You will no longer be a single entity, two souls die and are born again as one when they finally meet each other. Whether that's really sinister or romantic depends on your viewpoint, I guess.
Depends on who dies first.

Reactions: Fidicen and Wyote
If a Batman story I read 25 years ago is to be trusted, the mate in chess comes from the Persian word meaning death, also -> Spanish matador. Or then Arabic.

Life, meat, death. It's the great cycle.

Reactions: Fidicen and Ren
I accidentally remembered one deep thought....
imagine two people. friends, I think. and now imagine that one of them is sure that he has found his soulmate. he truly thinks that his friend is his soulmate. and other person thinks that he still hasn't found a soulmate... (oh nooooo angst :((( )

^ That's kind of related to why I have problems with the concept

I prefer a kind of 'if you really want to understand + love me, I'm sure you can/I'll even help you + I appreciate your effort"

The good thing about this is it's also realistic, in that it doesn't mean you arbitrarily trust everyone either but it isn't exclusive in what I'd call an arbitrary way.