Songs that are your life | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Songs that are your life

Sleep by The Dandy Warhols
- I listen to this when I'm recuperating from too much social contact.

[youtube]AeAB00szD4E[/youtube]

How To Disappear Completely by Radiohead
- Too many Radiohead songs to name but this one is in the top 50 :p

[youtube]nZq_jeYsbTs[/youtube]

Street Spirit (Fade Out) by Radiohead
- This is the most emotionally draining song that I've ever heard. I applaud Thom Yorke for this masterpiece. The video's really good too :).

[youtube]nPX3u0XJzKM[/youtube]

[YOUTUBE]xJnYyRZjB_w[/YOUTUBE]
Cake-No Phone.

[YOUTUBE]Sjf0igrY9zs[/YOUTUBE]
Laura Veirs-Don't Lose Yourself

[YOUTUBE]NJMDzEHbIQ4[/YOUTUBE]
I am Jen-Broken in all the Right Places.

Street Spirit (Fade Out) by Radiohead
- This is the most emotionally draining song that I've ever heard. I applaud Thom Yorke for this masterpiece. The video's really good too :).
Best video! And the song is... Well it's very good radiohead so very depressing :D

Best video! And the song is... Well it's very good radiohead so very depressing :D

Haha agreed. Although they're my favourite band, I can't listen to them very often lest my thoughts turn to all that is wrong with this world.

Interesting thread!! At this point...
Isobel by Bjork, something about the music in this song-- Well, I relate the melody and all of that to the way I move through life (thus far.) The lyrics are relevent as well, as from the way I interpret it, it's about a fiercely independent girl who is a catalyst.
Then Keep on Livin' by Le Tigre for resilience is my creed! And then.. Morning Has Broken, the Cat Stevens version...

Last edited:
I have ALOT, but this is the biggest one that seems to capture everything.

Perfume Tree - Flooded
How my brain works, and how I feel things. A slow flowing start to view and understand things. Things flow, there seems to be no direction, but you just know that there is. Then, when the time is right, attack it head on with great detail and accuracy. But using my feelings and intuition as the driving force behind it, without losing the scanning from the beginning.
http://www.last.fm/music/Perfume+Tree/_/Flooded?autostart
It is a long song, over 10 minutes.

[youtube]NVKjlQ0_WWo[/youtube]
Jason Mraz- Song for a Friend
"Climb up over the top.
Survey the state of the soul.
You’ve got to find out for yourself whether or not you’re truly trying.
Why not give it a shot?
Shake it, Take control
And inevitably wind up
Finding for yourself
All the strengths you have inside still rising"

Listen to it. I think a lot of INFJs may relate...

[youtube]h5C2pjZRXqY[/youtube]
Nickelback- How You Remind Me

[youtube]58CJih1iYC0[/youtube]
Queen- Don't Stop Me Now

I'm sorry I have to put this one up it's just too awesome and the video is incredible.

Dayvan Cowboy by Boards of Canada

[YOUTUBE]lrBZeWjGjl8[/YOUTUBE]

I'm sorry I have to put this one up it's just too awesome and the video is incredible.

AAAAH I AM FAMILIAR WITH IT, he was the first spaceman. Launched by a helium filled balloon, because he was to test a newly designed parashoot, 2 within one, that would be safe to use within the end of the atmosphere. 1 small parachute set of first and then at like 10 000 feet a second automatic would come out. However the 1st small one was wrapped around his throat, and the 2nd worked and he survived and landed softly. Worst of all, HE VOLUNTEERED!

Imagine falling 400,000 feet, spinning around and around, ALIVE but unconscious. And I fear the nightmares of falling from a cliff and waking up shaking the moment I crashland...
- Pathetic haha

Last edited:
Oi! You two, there's a thread dedicated to the both of you here :boink:

*Off-topic stuff moved*

BoC!!! There an amazing band. I am not a huge fan of Dayven Cowboy or The Campfire Headphase album as a whole. But I LOVE geogaddi, I can relate alot to that album.

thrice- the artist in the ambulance
dream theater- a change of seasons
rascal flatts - When the sand runs out

This song means the world to me.

I've tried to forget my past (childhood/adolescence), I guess. And there isn't really a song or a number of songs to capture the crap that it was.

But this song speaks to my life from the point that is important to me and it's one that will probably remain significant for a long time to come.

Awake - Josh Groban (pardon the anime, it was the first youtube video I found that wasn't live - WMG is shutting videos down :m133:)
[youtube]DQHVirsLqIE[/youtube]

This song captures part of my younger life... much more so one that I would apply in retrospection than at the time. I don't know what the scenes in the video are about:

Full of Grace - Sarah McLachlan

[youtube]GoGPxIJ5OnY[/youtube]

Last edited:
Nice picks Soulful.

Just listen to the lyrics, they're self explanatory.

Silence- Delerium Ft. Sarah Mclachlan

[youtube]q_D_Aeqcidc[/youtube]

Swan-The Secret Garden

[youtube]DkHMj8YIETo[/youtube]