Should we go to war with Russia to save the economy? | Page 12 | INFJ Forum

Should we go to war with Russia to save the economy?

Yes I definitely think there is a neonazi problem in Ukraine, maybe Eastern Europe in general.
But don’t conflate this with false claims that current political instability in Western Europe and US is due to these tendencies or issues. Issues like poverty which stem from great inequality and corruption are probably linked to this problem, even though nazi types have traditionally been more middle class.

Everything is do damn complicated now!

Reactions: aeon and Enso

ifh72sxn8fl81.jpg

Bit of a meme but says a lot about Putler.

f2mig9qtydl81.jpg

j9civvjuydl81.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: aeon
Is this the Ukraine thread?

Pointless deaths aside, does anyone else find it ironic that we had a fucking chance? Okay, Russia was the shittiest place to have a Communist revolution but since capitalism is all about the individual, it was the worst idea to hand over the arsenal of the Soviet Union to... whoever took over.

We deserve this.

I mean, not me.

Or you.

But us insofar as we identify with our oppressors.

Is this the Ukraine thread?

Pointless deaths aside, does anyone else find it ironic that we had a fucking chance? Okay, Russia was the shittiest place to have a Communist revolution but since capitalism is all about the individual, it was the worst idea to hand over the arsenal of the Soviet Union to... whoever took over.

We deserve this.

I mean, not me.

Or you.

But us insofar as we identify with our oppressors.

This is what ideologues always fail to understand about capitalism that it was never about the individual even though they've always despised individuality in all its forms but what capitalism is about is systems as well the few who get to massively profit off such systems. Communism ironically unironically is exploited in many of the same ways be it though people profit through the government and party systems like hogs at the trough for which China is a shining example as well the Soviet Union in its fall with the Russian oligarchs buying up state owned enterprises. Both systems are failures and cancer upon humanity as neither were ever sustainable beyond a few generations. Anyone who can't reason this is just brain dead like Putin and so many western leaders that old ideology is not only getting us no where but ultimately pushing the world towards the brink of annihilation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jexocuha and aeon
This is what ideologues always fail to understand about capitalism that it was never about the individual even though they've always despised individuality in all its forms but what capitalism is about is systems as well the few who get to massively profit off such systems. Communism ironically unironically is exploited in many of the same ways be it though people profit through the government and party systems like hogs at the trough for which China is a shining example as well the Soviet Union in its fall with the Russian oligarchs buying up state owned enterprises. Both systems are failures and cancer upon humanity as neither were ever sustainable beyond a few generations. Anyone who can't reason this is just brain dead like Putin and so many western leaders that old ideology is not only getting us no where but ultimately pushing the world towards the brink of annihilation.
I agree. This is why Democratic pluralism has such power. It is not ideological and allows multiple forms of communal Democratic representation to make power accountable to the masses. It is dynamic and flexible, while also enabling power from below to approximately match power from above, because only power restrains power. Any system where a few at the top, who have most of the power, will be abused as you say.

The truth only becomes brutal when being polite and demonstrating a modicum of social grace requires you to be as comfortable with deceit as one would be with a lover.

Also, given the gears that make up the machine, the truth, to those in power (wealth), is most certainly a spanner in the works.

Bleargh,
Ian

Reactions: mintoots and aeon
whoosh! :p

Reactions: Cornerstone
I have a Ukrainian friend. The girls of her family have safely crossed into poland. The boys are staying behind to fight. I fail to find any humor in Ukraine's situation.

I fail to find any humor in Ukraine's situation.

And that’s exactly why some will joke about it–the situation is so very grim that some will seek the psychological relief of levity. Without this, regardless of the situation, human life would be untenable. Also, the moment of relief may serve as a lens through which a greater understanding and appreciation of meaning may be found. Victor Frankl comes to mind.

Cheers,
Ian

I fail to find any humor in Ukraine's situation.

While I completely sympathize with the situation and am not minimizing it or apathetic of the suffering of millions of people it really is no different than any other war, war in general is the problem, humans need to evolve past this. Some of the footage of the previous US war has been more disturbing but the russia-ukranian one has just started so.... yah. I get why people want to defend their country and their people but if I lived there I don't see myself lining up for an AK and magazine, because the entire conflict seems unnecessary, I could however see myself hiding in a basement with one as a last resort, it's the paradox of fighting death with death but I do see the need to pull together and I get why people do it. If you survive you still have to deal with your own conscience of killing people regardless if they were labelled "the enemy". I guess it could be summarized as Patriotism vs Individualism, if the Hindu system is correct than you will gain Karma and have more chance of rebirth instead of liberation, I couldn't really see Jesus lining up either but maybe there are scriptures about it. On the contrary I guess you could argue that passivism could invoke karma as well. I guess you're screwed either way with war.

Last edited:
Watching this video reminds me of the neo nazis bit in Putin's speech. And there I was just calling out Jesus Christ.

Reactions: aeon