Should we go to war with Russia to save the economy? | Page 11 | INFJ Forum

Should we go to war with Russia to save the economy?

Reactions: aeon
So Germany literally screwed themselves strategically with the gas pipeline being shut off from Russia. It affects Germany far more than Russia, the cost of living will skyrocket as they will have to buy something like 80% of the gas wholesale from someone else due to logistics, the end price tag will be nuts.

So Germany literally screwed themselves strategically with the gas pipeline being shut off from Russia. It affects Germany far more than Russia, the cost of living will skyrocket as they will have to buy something like 80% of the gas wholesale from someone else due to logistics, the end price tag will be nuts.

Just got to say it that is the intention between driving nails in the coffin for the Russian economy while squeezing people at home between exorbitant living costs while pushing all that much harder for green energy that has proven to be unreliable at times while costing several times more. All in all I really don't see things going well either way going into the future.

So Germany literally screwed themselves...

When their anti-nuclear zeal blinded them and informed their decision to move to coal and other fossil fuels.

Cheers,
Ian

Russian airlines get no Boeing parts.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/boei...source=spotim&utm_medium=spotim_recirculation

Airplane parts are already highly controlled for nato countries since Iraq war. Long story short their screwed getting parts even for domestic travel. Airbus is European airline so it will probably follow, maybe even Embraer which has the other small part of the market. Their only solution will be a counterfeit parts market. Thing is, if they go that route on their fleet Boeing would probably never sell them parts again on their current fleet out of fear of counterfeit/expired parts ending up on other planes

Last edited:
It’s probably a good idea to thermally insulate Britain and other European countries and travel less. Maybe dig some coal up. I think the future lies in living more locally, so people can have better social integration, bonds, local produce, small producer consumerism wrt food and the like. The future is local

Reactions: Wyote
For balance, here's something from Robert Reich who in my view is a relatively balanced idealist who does his best to embody liberal values. On an ideological level, aspects of this war is ringing as nationalism vs libertarian though I still think it's more complicated than that in reality. Anyhow, here goes Reich's:

(I excerpted a rather sobering bit)

Eight Sobering Realities about Putin's Invasion
6. What about domestic politics here in the US? Foreign policy crises tend to drive domestic policy off the headlines, and weaken reform movements. Putin’s aggression in Ukraine has already quieted conversations in America about voting rights, filibuster reform, and Build Back Better — at least for now. Large-scale war, if it ever comes to that, deadens reform. World War I brought the progressive era to a halt. World War II ended FDR’s New Deal. The Vietnam War stopped Lyndon Johnson’s Great Society.

Wars and the threat of wars also legitimate huge military expenditures and giant military bureaucracies. America is already spending $776 billion a year on the military, a sum greater than the next ten giant military powers (including Russia and China) together. Wars also create fat profits for big corporations in war industries.

The possibility of war also distracts the public from failures of domestic politics, as the Spanish-American War did for President William McKinley and the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq did for George W. Bush. (Hopefully, Biden’s advisors aren’t thinking this way.)

Relative to the EU video, I don't think what Putin did was "stupid", rather it was smart in a jackass way. But yeah, he is being a jackass. The funny thing is that everybody has been a jackass before then too. It isn't one man's fault. Instead of pointing fingers, best way to save more lives and de-escalate is to do away with the selfish gain and find better fertile grounds for two opposing ideologies to be complimentary.

Reactions: aeon and Wyote
Linked a version of this earlier and it is pretty intense but now in a more convenient form for viewing should anyone dare to subject themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: aeon and Enso