[PUG] - Self-Segregation and Bigotry | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[PUG] Self-Segregation and Bigotry

Well then, I'd have to say my defition doesn't involve any of the typecasting crap you're talking about, bro.
Everyone should be equally welcome here, regardless of the imaginary four letter acronym they got on a silly test concocted by nutcases several decades ago.

Even so, a forum is a community, and whatever binds this one together is what needs to be protected.

Even if it is imaginary. :m172: (Where exactly did I typecast? I honestly can't see it.)

Last edited:
This all seems so trivial to me.

I am most certainly not an INFJ. I don't think I have encountered any issues of major elitism on these forums.

If you act like an ass, expect to be treated like an ass. That is the only logic I see here.

I understand you give respect when getting respect. cool.

But since when are the members of this board not intelligent enough emotionally and psychologically to direct a debate onto a positive plane? Even when someone is obviously being as ass.... The truth is we learn from all types of behavior, even sociopathic behavior. Even if we don't like it.

I think if people were actually INFJ, that's what they would do, debate it into a semi-solution, if not a complete one. My opinion. If you feel challenged, maybe I am challenging you.

I am not trolling. But I would like for us to think out of the box more. We are capable of it.

If someone is being an ass, why should they attempt to make the debate positive? It's obvious that that person doesn't want to be positive, or they'd have been like that from the start.

Like breeds like. Unfortunate as that is.

If someone is being an ass, why should they attempt to make the debate positive? It's obvious that that person doesn't want to be positive, or they'd have been like that from the start.

Like breeds like. Unfortunate as that is.

I'm not saying the ass should try. I'm saying the INFJ forum members should do it.

But since when are the members of this board not intelligent enough emotionally and psychologically to direct a debate onto a positive plane? Even when someone is obviously being as ass.... The truth is we learn from all types of behavior, even sociopathic behavior. Even if we don't like it.

In order to determine whether this applies to these boards, you should have a discussion with the mods/admins about the overall purpose and scope of these forums. The members are not the "collective entity." The members of this forum are individuals and they are welcome to hold their own opinions and are also entitled to a certain level of respect. You are welcome to your own as well.

If you have specific events in mind, those should between you, the person involved, and the mods. If you feel that the mods aren't properly doing their job, then you may be able to find other forums that share your ideal rules.

I think if people were actually INFJ, that's what they would do, debate it into a semi-solution, if not a complete one. My opinion. If you feel challenged, maybe I am challenging you.

That is an interesting theory.

I am not trolling. But I would like for us to think out of the box more. We are capable of it.

That is your opinion, and while you are certainly welcome to have it, you shouldn't attempt to force others to do it. You can certainly post about the importance of thinking out of the box.

You can force a person's eyes open, but you cannot force them to see.

So the INFJs should take the trolling like a slap on both cheeks, and try to be Christ?

Christ might have been an INFJ, that don't mean all INFJs are Christ.

In order to determine whether this applies to these boards, you should have a discussion with the mods/admins about the overall purpose and scope of these forums. The members are not the "collective entity." The members of this forum are individuals and they are welcome to hold their own opinions and are also entitled to a certain level of respect. You are welcome to your own as well.

I understand. So I am misunderstanding the purpose of this board, honestly. And no snark at all. I guess because it's somewhat psychologically-related, I was expecting emotional/pschological challenges, and expecting growth from that. I actually am gaining self-knowledge from this. So maybe I am understanding the purpose of the board.

If you have specific events in mind, those should between you, the person involved, and the mods. If you feel that the mods aren't properly doing their job, then you may be able to find other forums that share your ideal rules.

No specific events. It has been on ongoing trend I've noticed, and that's from reading past threads too, including the Troll Cave.

That is an interesting theory.

Are we not capable? :)

That is your opinion, and while you are certainly welcome to have it, you shouldn't attempt to force others to do it. You can certainly post about the importance of thinking out of the box.

I'm aware of this. I certainly can't force anyone to do anything, but I certainly like to make people think.

You can force a person's eyes open, but you cannot force them to see.

Damn right. :)

Last edited:
So the INFJs should take the trolling like a slap on both cheeks, and try to be Christ?

Christ might have been an INFJ, that don't mean all INFJs are Christ.

I didn't know Christ was an INFJ.

I'm not saying anyone should take trolls. But I think we are capable of de-trolling situations without it becoming disruptive. In fact, I have a question about trolls and I will take it to the troll thread...

But look at all the warfare in a supposedly peaceful INFJ site...jus sayin...

It used to not be like a war zone here. It is what happens when sites grow. You have to give people time to get to know the other posters. People like to say all kinds of things from behind a keyboard. Your attitude and behavior would be much different if you had to look the man in the face.

It used to not be like a war zone here. It is what happens when sites grow. You have to give people time to get to know the other posters. People like to say all kinds of things from behind a keyboard. Your attitude and behavior would be much different if you had to look the man in the face.

Well said...

welnowonder said:
Of course we feel things more deeply, use our emotions more than others. Does that mean we do not have to use logic?

And what if self-segregation spills over into other parts of our lives offline? This person doesn't think like me. doorslam. This person doesn't have the same emotions as me. doorslam. then slide on down the slippery slope. It's a possibility. To me, that is dangerous..meh..

no it doesn't mean we don't have to use logic

but why does this forum has to mirror the outside world? I do enough thinking in my day to day job. I come here to learn about MBTI and INFJ's (I'm not one you know!!) and to express feelings that never can be expressed in my every day life because most people don't understand. They just say "get over it" or "you shouldn't be depressed". So on this forum there is/was a loving caring atmosphere that gave me the security to talk about my deepest emotions, pains and questions. And the amazing thing is that other people understood me (what has never happened to me before). For many people that is the purpose of this place and I agree with sagewolf, INFJ's have all the right to defent it.

The fact that I like this INFJish atmosphere on this forum doesn't imply that I doorslam other people in real life. The oposite, it makes me realise more who I am, make me accept myself more and by this make me accept and understand other people more!

Coming here and only wanting to debate everything that has been said in a cold manner, is the same as me going to the INFP forum to talk about my emotions and whine about the fact that those members are too elitair and absorbed with there own type to talk about emotions with me.

Last edited:
It used to not be like a war zone here.
Buddy, if this place qualifies as a "war zone" to you, you need to hang out at more forums...

We have maybe like, one serious argument here every two weeks or something.
Hardly exceptionally hostile.

I'm pretty much the same in real life. I can get away with it because I do value the feelings of others and that's shown in my facial expressions and stance, but also because I'm so damn sexy and everyone wants to fuck me. Yes, I even say that to people. It gets a chuckle.

You're absolutely right though, concerning most people. The only guys I've known who're able to troll with a straight face are a few INTJs who never learnt social skills very well, and ENTJs who just trump the shit out of me doing it. I can't keep a straight face.

Other people fall flat on their face when they try to be an internet tough guy out irl.

no it doesn't mean we don't have to use logic

but why does this forum has to mirror the outside world? I do enough thinking in my day to day job. I come here to learn about MBTI and INFJ's (I'm not one you know!!) and to express feelings that never can be expressed in my every day life because most people don't understand. They just say "get over it" or "you shouldn't be depressed". So on this forum there is/was a loving caring atmosphere that gave me the security to talk about my deepest emotions, pains and questions. And the amazing thing is that other people understood me (what has never happened to me before). For many people that is the purpose of this place and I agree with sagewolf, INFJ's have all the right to defent it.

The fact that I like this INFJish atmosphere on this forum doesn't imply that I doorslam other people in real life. The oposite, it makes me realise more who I am, make me accept myself more and by this make me accept and understand other people more!

Coming here and only wanting to debate everything that has been said in a cold manner, is the same as me going to the INFP forum to talk about my emotions and whine about the fact that those members are too elitair and absorbed with there own type to talk about emotions with me.

Understood. I have a few things in your post I want to touch on.

In my opinion only, I'd like to point out..and I don't know why I think this way, I just do... I think a lot of people who question humanity, our emotions, our way of thinking, people who challenge us, tend to make us feel more deeply about things, are truly the people who "love" us. It may not be cuddly love, but people have vastly different ways of expressing love.

Just because we feel these deep emotions does not always make them the correct emotions to have. We have to evaluate why we are having them.

But really what are we defending from? Our own irritation? Or from the behavior we are irritated by?

Honest, non-snark questions. I'm curious.

I didn't know Christ was an INFJ.

It's hard to type some one who walked this earth just under two thousand years ago, but he did show tendencies of an INFJ, but simply he also shows tendencies to be other types as well.