Scared of ghosts? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Scared of ghosts?

Thanks for keeping the thread on track. If anyone's interested, there's also a great, existing thread with personal accounts of this nature.

Some of the stuff you guys have mentioned - like sensing something around you - would probably make me run and scream a little. Though at the same time I'd want to stick around, from a removed location, to see if anything else would come of it. I'd like to see a ghost one day, preferably during the day but I suspect it'll happen at night, still as long as someone else is with me (regardless of whether they see it or not), I think it will be almost fine.

I agree with Moxie, it's the unknown aspects of the situation that scare me - and I think what it boils down to is: are they going to be able to hurt me. I've tried to feel less frightened by thinking more about it, learning more, and figuring out how I feel, believe, etc. to become more open to it. Maybe in time.

I'm scared of the idea of ghosts, but I don't know if I believe fully in them.
It's pretty creepy to imagine them popping up in the mirror behind you or standing in a corridor o_O"

Regardless of personal beliefs, since I'm still not entirely sure where I stand, I think that reactions aside I would more than anything be very intrigued if I had an experience with one, depending on the events. If it was simply coexisting, I'd love to take notes of my own observations and see if there was any way to tell from my understanding what the cause behind the appearance was.

However, if there was some form of interaction where it was tangible enough to attempt some form of physical harm, out of respect and the fact that there's some bats*** crazy stuff going on (not to mention good old self-preservation), I'd probably tear out of there like the place was on fire.

Probably the closest I can say I've come to any supernatural encounters would have been when I was visiting my grandparents a few days before I left for Egypt for a trip. My grandma was laying in bed, and I had been chatting with her for a bit. After getting up and leaving, about half way down the hallway, an extremely cold chill ran through my body and I almost ended up falling over. Fortunately walls are cool, and let you catch yourself, which gives me much appreciation for their hard work and determination in their job. But that feeling kinda stopped me from being able to focus on anything else for a bit. She ended up passing away a few days later, while I was halfway across the world. Really tough times after that, but that particular moment always sort of stuck with me.

Reactions: Moxie
I am not afraid of ghosts. In fact, I'd rather like to meet one. Maybe I am silly to think that ghosts aren't evil. I consider those to be demons, which I have little to desire to encounter.

I don't really believe in ghosts per se, but I try to keep an open mind about encounters with a spiritual or supernatural world.

Reactions: bamf
Like a couple of others have said I'm not scared of ghosts, and for me it's because I find the evidence in support of their existence to be too tenuous and inconclusive for my satisfaction.

As the entry on wikipedia about ghosts alludes to there have been experiments done showing that "ghost-like" experiences can be recreated through sub-harmonic frequencies affecting the eye and magnetic fields that affect the brain.

These sound to me a more plausible explanation for ghosts, and so until sufficient evidence to the contrary is discovered it's the one I'm going with.

Fear is fear.
The fearful person is afraid of a lot more than just ghosts.
It is possible to go beyond fear and out the other side.
I am often visited by a little cat.
It is not interested in me.
It just wanders around sometimes.

But all our memories are ghosts, too.
Whether or not one fears them, is the decision of oneself.