Scared of ghosts? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Scared of ghosts?

No seriously, could you find them and link them?
I'd like to know as well.

No seriously, could you find them and link them?
I'd like to know as well.
I know this seems horribly rude, but I will have to think on this. The episodes that come to mind...the more substantial ones...are very special and unique. They would not be right to argue over....it would be wrong and disrespectful.

In any case, the OP has raised an issue that should probably remain the focus here....I really don't want to derail a very interesting discussion by discussing the details of specific occurances.

I know this seems horribly rude, but I will have to think on this. The episodes that come to mind...the more substantial ones...are very special and unique. They would not be right to argue over....it would be wrong and disrespectful.

In any case, the OP has raised an issue that should probably remain the focus here....I really don't want to derail a very interesting discussion by discussing the details of specific occurances.
Dude, admit it.

Dude, admit it.
Oh, I do admit it......science just cannot peer adequately into certain things. Maybe some day, but I seriously doubt it. We are simply not equipped for this stuff.

Sorry if I stuck my foot in this, but suffice it to say that most all of these episodes were not particularly fearful in nature.

Last edited:
When I was a kid I visited Ireland and was told ghost stories by a parish priest. He always ended them by saying " either the story is true, or the person who reported the story lied. " I was a kid and a Catholic so I took that statement as the end of the discussion. Years latter not only did I realize that it was a false choice but that the priest also realized it was a false choice. I know this is off topic but I really must say WTF?

Great discussion contribution:

Allude to evidence, refuse/fail to deliver.
Can you blame me for calling you out?

In any case, the OP has raised an issue that should probably remain the focus here....
^^^This^^^

Regardless what people believe to be real, or illogical, we should respect what this thread was opened for.

(but I'm all for a good debate on this subject in a new thread)

yes yes yes yes yes yes

^^^This^^^

Regardless what people believe to be real, or illogical, we should respect what this thread was opened for.

(but I'm all for a good debate on this subject in a new thread)

You are correct, this is a place to say if you are or not afraid of ghosts. not to question their existence. ( I am so stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid.)

i kind of believe in supernatural things....and....yes i get scared a lot of times...as weird and maybe funny as it seems....when im alone at night...after i watch tv or use the compiter,i run to my bedroom when i need to go up to sleep hihihi... i run like a freak because im imagining that someones following me...hihihi :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes,i do sometimes. I think there is someone behind me. He/she is looking towards me. This is weird feeling. Sometimes i feel someone is calling me. Later i tell to myself it is nothing just imagination or wrong feeling. I chant , i love you god, please help me if there is anything like wrong :D

I think actual encounters are (or can be) much different to what our fears might project. From what I can tell, the fear resides more in the person experiencing the event than in the actual event itself. Gaining some perspective on the matter can help.

Last edited:
I'm actually really scared of them. Terrified, in fact, if I think one could be present. My body literally tenses and I start to feel panicky (which is uncommon for me). It's mostly my imagination I think. It usually happens if I wig myself out when I'm by myself during the night rather than because I'm sensing someone, and I've never encountered a ghost. I haven't figured out why I'm this scared, and how to not be. Does anyone else get scared?

Iv'e encountered a ghost once and I've grown up in two haunted houses. One that I lived in as a child the other (where I am still currently living) during my teens.

I used to be scared of ghosts but now I'm more fascinated in them.

I've always wanted to film a ghost hunting team and hopefully soon I'll get my chance.
I want to be able to see If I can capture one on film.
More study will need to be done though on my behalf.

I feel compassion for ghosts mostly...first of all that they are ghosts, second they are feared/little understood, and third because guys with little meters and funky cameras are always shouting at them saying, "manifest yourself!" I know of one haunted place near here...I know right were it is...but I still don't go there out of respect. I find any bouts of morbid curiosity within me to be of poor taste. I just say a little prayer for their restful peace when I pass this place.

Last edited:
I think when you start believing that there is nothing in this world that doesn't exist unless it's scientifically proven you're limiting yourself unnecessarily. Personally, I think that it's better to say, "They may exist, but I won't believe it until I have scientific proof," then to say "You will never get me to believe anything that the general scientific community hasn't ok'd." I still think science is limited, and that things like miracles, for example, do happen.

As for fear of ghosts, I do think we're naturally programmed to fear the unknown. Also fears of death of oneself play into this as well.

Last edited:
I think when you start believing that there is nothing in this world that doesn't exist unless it's scientifically proven you're limiting yourself unnecessarily. Personally, I think that it's better to say, "They may exist, but I won't believe it until I have scientific proof," then to say "You will never get me to believe anything that the general scientific community hasn't ok'd." I still think science is limited, and that things like miracles, for example, do happen.

As for fear of ghosts, I do think we're naturally programmed to fear the unknown. Also fears of death of oneself play into this as well.

^ this. There really are just certain things that just cannot be explained by science, and I'm all for science. Far too many things, really.

For the italicized sentence, I just disagree with that. I'm not scared to die, never have been, and never will be. I've long ago accepted that it's part of existence: you live and die. Or you die and live. Can go either way I suppose, if you believe in an after-life.

Anyway, ghosts are interesting entities, though I wouldn't say I'd like to see them all the time. That would just confuse me. I mean, how odd is it to just walk around and always have to wonder if the person who's right next to you is alive or a ghost?

Fear, grace, doom, ecstasy

I believe that my mind projects amazing feelings and perspectives into the fabric of the physical world for me to sense. (If I am fortunate enough, I perceive them)

Reactions: bamf