Remember when . . . | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Remember when . . .

If you wanted to know the lyrics to a song you had to tape it off the radio, and sit there with a notebook, writing down all the lyrics, pausing it, rewinding it, all that fun stuff.

OMG YES! I wasn't even a teenager, but I did this ALL the time :)

I remember when i had my Atari st upgraded from half a meg to one whole meg!

More power mwahaha!

I remember the originality in the 90's TV shows, that seems almost completely lost
I remember when video games where about quality of the game, not just the graphics

when tv programs had lessons to teach kids and weren't simply entertainment

skinny jeans were in... the first time... and they weren't called skinny jeans. And they usually had bows or zippers on the back of them.

If you wanted to know the lyrics to a song you had to tape it off the radio, and sit there with a notebook, writing down all the lyrics, pausing it, rewinding it, all that fun stuff.

you had to unlock your car the old fashioned way, with the key. LOL

LOL, yeh.

Does anyone still use tape cassettes these days? Or kept their old ones for memories' sake?
And yes, I'm quite aware it's 2010.

ROFL! I did that all the time as a teen.

I remember rotary phones, and listening to time and temperature endlessly, for no good reason.

And typewriters that clacked and clicked and dinged. I loved those old typewriters. Heck, I just love typewriters, God bless 'em.

I remember those phones as well. I loved Typewriters too! And those sounds, oh! Those were the days. Reminisces.

LOL, yeh.

Does anyone still use tape cassettes these days? Or kept their old ones for memories' sake?
And yes, I'm quite aware it's 2010.
I did until about a year ago. I had an oooooolllllllldddddddd 4-track Casio recorder that I remember buying for 50 dollars from Marshal's Music to do recordings for the band. I used that thing for years and years until it finally broke last year.

ROFL! I did that all the time as a teen.

I remember rotary phones, and listening to time and temperature endlessly, for no good reason.

And typewriters that clacked and clicked and dinged. I loved those old typewriters. Heck, I just love typewriters, God bless 'em.
I remember when Sean Connery was JD Salinger.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_cBPc6VSaI"]YouTube - How YTMND came to be[/ame]

Remember when... It Rained?

Reactions: Majesty
Gas was $1.50 a gallon and it was considered a treat to go to McDonalds

Heh heh...

I remember when gasoline was 0.25 cents and we'd go to Dairy Queen for a strawberry sundae for under a dollar. We'd throw the pennies in the ashtray (no we didn't smoke) and when we had 0.25 cents - we'd buy another gallon of gas to drive to school.

How's that for the dark ages!!!

Hahahahahaha:lol:

I remember when having a computer made you the rich kid in class. Also, it was 1/1000th as powerful as the one I'm on now, and cost 10x more.

I remember when computers were these huge boxes with tape reels all on them and we had to use keypunch cards and machines to write programs in fourtran...

Still more dark ages here.