[PAX] - Religious Beliefs - Discussions of differences, not merit. | INFJ Forum

[PAX] Religious Beliefs - Discussions of differences, not merit.

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by Shai Gar, Jul 8, 2010.

Share This Page

?
  1. Monotheistic

40.0%
  2. Pantheistic

20.0%
  3. Holopantheistic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Atheistic

20.0%
  5. Apatheistic

12.0%
  6. Agnostic

28.0%
  7. Deistic

8.0%
  8. Shamanistic

2.0%
  9. Animistic

6.0%
  10. Antitheistic

2.0%
  11. Polytheistic

4.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 8 users.
More threads by Shai Gar
  1. Shai Gar

Shai Gar Guest

Which are you?

Please explain in very very basic terms, and if you've chosen a multiple choice, explain that in some detail.

2. Questingpoet

Questingpoet Not Afraid to Use His Beard
    Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    I think I explained myself well enough in this other thread. I don't like talking religion for the most part, but I will challenge idiots as need be. Mostly I take a live and let live approach to this. Has any one seen the Church of the Jedi on FB or some other place? I'm surprised it's not more popular.

http://forums.infjs.com/showthread.php?p=305775#post305775

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OP
    Shai Gar

Shai Gar Guest

I am Pantheistic in that I believe in something similar to Nakor/Banath's statement that the universe itself is a god in its infancy and that everything that happens is the movement of the body of this baby god learning. I do not separate this over entity from the universe, nor give it a personality insomuch as as it would relate internally.

I'm also Anti-Theistic in that I violently disagree with theology and the existence of any personal god as theologists tend to use their delusions to suppress humanity.

4. Questingpoet

Questingpoet Not Afraid to Use His Beard
    Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    I guess we agree on more than I would have thought then. The real questions are still up for grabs though! Do you prefer Roth or Hagar?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Quinlan

Quinlan Right the First Time!

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ISFP
    I'm a heathen.

6. OP
    Shai Gar

Shai Gar Guest

Which means what?

7. Flavus Aquila

Flavus Aquila Finding My Place in the Sun
    Banned

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTJ - A
    Enneagram:
    Polytheism is a species of theism. You should have had monotheism as one of the choices.

8. OP
    Shai Gar

Shai Gar Guest

A very good point. And as noone has voted Theistic, I'm going to edit the poll to change Theistic into Monotheistic.

9. Siamese cat

Siamese cat Madame Cat strikes again

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    5w4
    I chose Pantheistic because it's the closest choice to my own spiritual beliefs. I really enjoyed reading Spinoza's Ethics, because it was a revelation to find someone who managed to so closely describe my thoughts about the world.

When it comes to spirituality I believe that every person should develop their own belief system and not allow themselves to be constrained by conventional belief systems. Also in my opinion, person's belief system should develop as years go by and as person is changing, be fluid and become more complex as person is aging and becoming wiser.

Also I'm very grateful to my parents that they chose not to impose any belief system on me which gave me an opportunity to explore different belief systems, to learn and finally find what suits me.

10. OP
    Shai Gar

Shai Gar Guest

So you're going with Pantheist then.

11. OP
    Shai Gar

Shai Gar Guest

Monotheism and Polytheism are concerned with Sentient Gods who meddle in the affairs of Humans. The other options on the poll, largely not.

How about reading the other possible answers on wikipedia and going from there?

12. OP
    Shai Gar

Shai Gar Guest

Agnostic then, and by the sounds of it, Anti-Theistic to boot.

13. OP
    Shai Gar

Shai Gar Guest

Unlike other people who make polls on this forum, I know how to make a poll with ALL the options.

You can't say to me "I'm too unique to put in a box", because that's assuming I haven't recognised that fact, and planned against it. My boxes are large enough, with multiple choice options to allow for uniqueness. You cannot have a religious belief or lack thereof without me being able to box you into one or several of those categories.

14. DimensionX

Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    -
    ISFP's will love you lol

INFP's will like you

INFJ's will admire you

INTJ's won't offer a correction :p

15. NaeturVindur

NaeturVindur Cuddlemaster
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    MBTI:
    iNfj
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    Monotheistic Pantheistic Animistic Polytheist. have I broken your system yet?

16. OP
    Shai Gar

Shai Gar Guest

Nope, because they are all options. However, I did ask that if you chose a multiple choice response, to explain yourself.

17. DimensionX

Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    -
    So you can clarify their stance and put them in the appropriate box?...if need be of course :p

18. Jack

Jack Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    ENTP
    I am an agnostic theist. I believe in a personal God, who created human beings for a purpose. :m155:

I was debating adding more, but didn't, as it would require more explanation than I felt like giving.

I see theism and atheism as intellectually stalemated, agnosticism is the only rationally justified position imho. I see both atheism and theism as positions resultant from taking the evidence after all arguments have been heard (or at least many) and saying "where do I go from here?" or "what do I do now?" Things which come from other places than strict rationality.

#18 Jack, Jul 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  19. NaeturVindur

NaeturVindur Cuddlemaster
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    MBTI:
    iNfj
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    I know, but that will take time, of which I won't have until this evening.

20. Quinlan

Quinlan Right the First Time!

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ISFP
    According to wikipedia irreligious and uncivilised, that's me!