[PAX] - Religious Beliefs - Discussions of differences, not merit. | INFJ Forum

[PAX] Religious Beliefs - Discussions of differences, not merit.

Which are you? Be certain before voting. You might not recognize these terms.

• Total voters
S

Shai Gar

Which are you?

Please explain in very very basic terms, and if you've chosen a multiple choice, explain that in some detail.

The Monotheistic kid jumps up and says: There's a monster in the closet!
Pantheistic kid says: The monster is the closet!
Holopantheistic kid: The whole room is a monster!
Atheistic kid: I see no evidence for a monster so I assume there is none!
Apatheistic kid: Who cares if there's a monster?!
Agnostic kid: There is no way to know if there is or isn't a monster.
Deistic kid: There is a monster but it doesn't care about us.
Shamanistic kid: There is a monster but only I can talk to it.
Animistic kid: My dog is a monster.
Antithiestic kid: Shut up I'm trying to sleep!
Polythiestic kid: A monster? There's dozens of them in there!
ShaiEdit: I edited the Deistic Definition.

I think I explained myself well enough in this other thread. I don't like talking religion for the most part, but I will challenge idiots as need be. Mostly I take a live and let live approach to this. Has any one seen the Church of the Jedi on FB or some other place? I'm surprised it's not more popular.

http://forums.infjs.com/showthread.php?p=305775#post305775

I am Pantheistic in that I believe in something similar to Nakor/Banath's statement that the universe itself is a god in its infancy and that everything that happens is the movement of the body of this baby god learning. I do not separate this over entity from the universe, nor give it a personality insomuch as as it would relate internally.

I'm also Anti-Theistic in that I violently disagree with theology and the existence of any personal god as theologists tend to use their delusions to suppress humanity.

I am Pantheistic in that I believe in something similar to Nakor/Banath's statement that the universe itself is a god in its infancy and that everything that happens is the movement of the body of this baby god learning. I do not separate this over entity from the universe, nor give it a personality insomuch as as it would relate internally.

I'm also Anti-Theistic in that I violently disagree with theology and the existence of any personal god as theologists tend to use their delusions to suppress humanity.

I guess we agree on more than I would have thought then. The real questions are still up for grabs though! Do you prefer Roth or Hagar?

I'm a heathen.

Polytheism is a species of theism. You should have had monotheism as one of the choices.

A very good point. And as noone has voted Theistic, I'm going to edit the poll to change Theistic into Monotheistic.

I chose Pantheistic because it's the closest choice to my own spiritual beliefs. I really enjoyed reading Spinoza's Ethics, because it was a revelation to find someone who managed to so closely describe my thoughts about the world.

When it comes to spirituality I believe that every person should develop their own belief system and not allow themselves to be constrained by conventional belief systems. Also in my opinion, person's belief system should develop as years go by and as person is changing, be fluid and become more complex as person is aging and becoming wiser.

Also I'm very grateful to my parents that they chose not to impose any belief system on me which gave me an opportunity to explore different belief systems, to learn and finally find what suits me.

Monotheism and Polytheism are concerned with Sentient Gods who meddle in the affairs of Humans. The other options on the poll, largely not.

How about reading the other possible answers on wikipedia and going from there?

Unlike other people who make polls on this forum, I know how to make a poll with ALL the options.

You can't say to me "I'm too unique to put in a box", because that's assuming I haven't recognised that fact, and planned against it. My boxes are large enough, with multiple choice options to allow for uniqueness. You cannot have a religious belief or lack thereof without me being able to box you into one or several of those categories.

Unlike other people who make polls on this forum, I know how to make a poll with ALL the options.

You can't say to me "I'm too unique to put in a box", because that's assuming I haven't recognised that fact, and planned against it. My boxes are large enough, with multiple choice options to allow for uniqueness. You cannot have a religious belief or lack thereof without me being able to box you into one or several of those categories.

ISFP's will love you lol

INFP's will like you

INFJ's will admire you

INTJ's won't offer a correction :p

Monotheistic Pantheistic Animistic Polytheist. have I broken your system yet?

Nope, because they are all options. However, I did ask that if you chose a multiple choice response, to explain yourself.

Nope, because they are all options. However, I did ask that if you chose a multiple choice response, to explain yourself.

So you can clarify their stance and put them in the appropriate box?...if need be of course :p

I am an agnostic theist. I believe in a personal God, who created human beings for a purpose. :m155:

I was debating adding more, but didn't, as it would require more explanation than I felt like giving.

I see theism and atheism as intellectually stalemated, agnosticism is the only rationally justified position imho. I see both atheism and theism as positions resultant from taking the evidence after all arguments have been heard (or at least many) and saying "where do I go from here?" or "what do I do now?" Things which come from other places than strict rationality.

Last edited:
I know, but that will take time, of which I won't have until this evening.