[PAX] - Religious Beliefs - Discussions of differences, not merit. | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

[PAX] Religious Beliefs - Discussions of differences, not merit.

Which are you? Be certain before voting. You might not recognize these terms.

• Total voters
Depends on how you define religion.
herpa derp derp. I was asking how the OP defined religion. Hence the question. Can YOU explain dualism to me then?

edit- I apologize for being so rude. i was just not interested in getting into an argument over semantics. i was just curious what he meant by forgetting dualism

Last edited:
herpa derp derp. I was asking how the OP defined religion. Hence the question. Can YOU explain dualism to me then?

edit- I apologize for being so rude. i was just not interested in getting into an argument over semantics. i was just curious what he meant by forgetting dualism
Dualism has different contexts. I assume Shai Gar was referring to this type of dualism (duotheism, bitheism, ditheism...), but one can't be sure. I think the mind/body dualism is generally considered part of philosophy rather than religion.

The reason I mentioned one's specific definition of religion is because one's definition of it determines which ideas he considers religious as opposed to philosophical (they are noticeably different, but there are sometimes gray areas). I could see how one may see the dualism I linked to as religious and how another may it as philosophical. I personally consider it more religious, but... you know, subjectivity of language and definitions. Usually, philosophy is considered as being based on reason or logic while religion is considered as being based on dogmatisms. That is how I go about it. But that is not definitive.